Sunday, March 1, 2015

ODBD's March New Release is Here!!

Hi Everyone!  I'm excited to share this month's new release from ODBD - there are so many beautiful stamps, and the papers and dies are awesome too.  If you've been hopping along with us then you've seen what my fellow designers have created - and if you're like me you are feeling very inspired :)!!

As always there will be prizes - all the details are toward the bottom of this post,

My first card features the new Blessed Easter and Floral Egg stamps, Custom Eggs Die and the Shabby Rose Collection papers.  There are two sizes to the eggs - my cards show only the smallest. To make this I started with the new Papers (so gorgeous!), stamped and white-embossed the Floral Egg onto the background panel.  It makes a great background to for the vase.

Below is a close-up:

Blessed Easter - Close-up

Next I, stamped the Floral Egg again, this time in Crisp Canteloupe ink  and used that to create the vase.  I stamped/colored and carefully cut the Pussy Willow from the Happy Spring set to finish making the vase.

Here's another are a couple more pictures:

Blessed Easter - Alt View

Last steps were making the sentiment panel, stamping/die cutting the eggs, and adding the border die at the bottom.  Final touches before mounting the popped elements were the linen thread bow and little pearl elements.  This card is a more 'clean and simple' design than I normally make, but I love this crisp clean look!  Here's one more picture:

Blessed Easter

My next card uses the same new stamps, dies and papers but with a completely different look.  It also features an older set called The Shepherd.  I started by choosing my frame - I wanted something that would add interest and give me room for the eggs and sentiment banner, and that would also fit around the little lamb scene.  Once the frame was cut I stamped the Floral Egg image in Versamark and clear embossed.

Below is a close-up:

Blessed Easter - Close-up

I planned to stamp this little scene onto the new Shabby Rose Collection papers, so chose a subtle paper that would work with Copics.  Next I stamped the little lamb - and to completely fit it into the inside of my frame I repeat stamped some of the daffodils to the right of the original image.  This extended the little scene by about an inch on the right side - perfect for the frame.  I used Copics and Sakura Glaze Pens to color the image, then softly sponged a bit of blue to define a sky area.  Below is another photo:

Blessed Easter - Alt View

The next steps were stamping/die-cutting the eggs and stamping/die-cutting the sentiment banner.  I used the Partial Die Cutting technique for this - which works perfectly if you need a banner to accommodate a sentiment that's larger than the die!!  I also outlined the words with a clear Sakura Glaze pen, to make the sentiment really pop.  Next I stamped/die-cut the eggs, created the bakers twine bow and started putting everything onto the card.

Last little details were the added gems and pearls.  Here's another photo:

Blessed Easter


Below are all the products I used on my projects today:

  

See below for PRIZE details:
Three randomly selected winners will each receive a $25.00 gift certificate that can be used toward the purchase of ODBD Stamps found in the 'Stamps Column' of the website - just for commenting on the Design Team's cards!!  You'll have until March 2nd, 2015 at 9:00pm EST to leave your comments.  The Winners names will be posted on the ODBD Bog on March 3rd, so be sure to check back there to see if you've won!!  Good luck everyone!


Below are links to my fellow Designer's Blogs - if you haven't had a chance to see what they've created, please feel free to stop by and pay them a visit - you'll be filled with inspiration!!

Julie  *  Cathy  *  Lori  *  Dawn  *  Sandee  *  Grace

Angie  *  Lisa  *  Sabrina  *  Silke  *  Chris  *  Wanda

Audrey(you are here)  *  ODBD Blog


So that's all I have for you today.  Thank you for visiting with us - I hope you found some inspiration along the way.  Stop back by anytime!!

Hugs and Blessings!
Audrey



38 comments:

Angella D. Crockett said...

Amazing job on both, Audrey!! Love the white embossed background on the 1st and using the willow image with the vase die is perfect! LOVE that you used the little lamb (my fave!) and the framing and ODBD papers are perfect!! HUGS!!

Nancy said...

Both are just stunning! The gorgeous soft backgrounds really highlight the focal images! Beautiful designs!

Dawn said...

Sigh... where to start! I always enjoy your amazing samples!! I'm in LOVE with the colors and the pussy willows in your vase die! And framing the lamb on your second, just darling! Wonderful samples for this release!!!

Anita Braddock said...

Simply Stunning cards love the colors and the papers. the Vase is so Amazing. I love the Pussy willows it adds such a special touch to your card. thanks for sharing

mungomom said...

Beautiful cards. Love the colors you used and the willows are an added touch. Thank you for the many ideas.

Jean Bullock said...

Oh, my goodness. These are fabulous. I love the pussy willows in the vase and the lamb in the frame is awesome. Well done.

Stampin Dawg said...

I absolutely love pussy willows! I don't know what it is about them. Perhaps they remind me of little fuzzy bunny tails. Ha! Absolutely love your little lamb, too. Beautiful cards!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Gorgeous, Audrey! I LOVE the vase w/ the pussy willows & the bright colors you used. Your second one w/ the beautiful frame & sweet little lamb is just beautiful. You always use the dp in such lovely ways & your embellishing is always gorgeous.

Becky said...

Audrey, what a great selection of designs you have chosen....fabulous job!

lisa808 said...

Stunning cards.

Kris B said...

Lovely cards! The vase you created on the first card is amazing! Pretty Easter lamb image!

E. Marie said...

Gorgeous cards. I love how you did the background and vase on the first card and the dimension you gave the second card.

Christine said...

What clever ways to use the floral egg. Always enjoy seeing clever ideas for getting more mileage from my stamps. Thank you for sharing your beautiful projects!

April said...

You did a beautiful job on these. Just love them!

Heather said...

Both are so beautiful!! Great idea to use the large egg stamp to create the pattern on the vase; it's perfect!

Bonnie Strebe said...

Your cards are beautiful. I especially like your use of the vase. Good job.

Grace said...

Oh Audrey... you truly ALWAYS amaze me and inspire me!!! I just love that you used the stamp from the large egg and then cut the vase out of it! I adore the pussy willows fussy cut and in the vase! Genius!!! Love your layouts on both cards and the frame you created on the second one is such a sweet way to set off the little lamb! Wow!!! I'm speechless!!!
hugs,
Grace

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

You are uber talented my friend!! You never cease to amaze me with your clever designs and talent!! So much eye candy to take in!! I so love the lamb with those pastel eggs!! The vase with the Pussy Willow is stunning!! I love them both!!! Thanks for the inspiration Audrey. I know I will always be inspired when I stop by!!
hugs,
Chris

Heidi Stamps said...

Very pretty!

Pamela Haskin said...

Such pretty cards! I especially like the vase and eggs on the first card. They go together so well.

craftymom205 said...

Beautiful cards.

craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

Sue D said...

Beautiful--I like the colors of the eggs.

LaDawn said...

I like the colors of the eggs. The embossing on them is super. Thanks

patsking said...

lovely

Wanda Cullen said...

Wow, Audrey, your creativity rocks! Love the large egg in the background of the vase and love that you filled it with pussy willows! So springy! :-) The lamb scene within the dimensional frame is stunning! LOVE them both!

SarahGeorge said...

Wow!! Great cards!! Love the vase and eggs on the first one and the lamb picture is truly beautiful! perfect cards for Easter!

Shelia said...

Beautiful cards! I really like them both. The little lamb in the second one is so sweet! Beautiful coloring and design.

Diane Cannon-Logan said...

The cards are just stunning, The time, energy and labor of love shows. Well Done.

Greta said...

Oh how I love your projects! So creative & beautifully crafted!

Kathy Krug said...

The scene looks so great stamped and colored on the designer paper. Amazing designs.

Sherry said...

love both projects!! very pretty!!!

April Lattanzi said...

Beautiful. I miss seeing the Pussy Willows.

Karon said...

Two beautiful cards. I love that die cuts and the oh so wonderful stamps. TFS

Cathymac said...

Sorry I'm just now getting around to commenting on your gorgeous release projects, Audrey! Where to begin…love the vase of Pussy Willows with that beautiful egg embossed on the background…your project prompted me to purchase that vase…you enabler, you! LOL! The frame you created for that adorable lamb is gorgeous…love the depth you created on this card! You never disappoint…your projects are always stunning, my friend! Hugs!

Saints Rule! said...

Now I have to pick my jaw up off the keyboard so I can type!!!! First, your coloring is amazing! The darling little lamb just absconded with my heart... and those pussy willow branches in the vase die... GENIUS!!! I always love looking at your creativity and its fruits!

Kelley said...

Holy cow, you cut out those little pussywillows!! Love the vase....so beautiful! Your cards are wonderful. The lamb card is ADORABLE!!!

laurie said...

Wow, what gorgeous cards! So fun for Easter!

laurie said...

Wow, what gorgeous cards! So fun for Easter!