Sunday, March 15, 2015

ODBD Scripture & Anniversary Celebration!!


Hi Everyone - welcome to ODBD's Scripture Blog Hop!!  I love this time of year at ODBD, because it means we're celebrating an Anniversary - and one of the ways we celebrate is by using an ODBD scripture on our projects.  This year we're celebrating with Two Bloghops - the first is today, where we're sharing cards and projects using ODBD's wonderful Scripture sets.  The next is on 17th, which is our official Anniversary Celebration!  And you know - there will be PRIZES.  You can find more details about the prizes further down in this post.

My card is made using ODBD's Scripture Collection 11.  This set has four beautiful stamps, and for this card I chose Psalm 145:18.  My card also features our new Shabby Rose Collection papers.  To make this card I started by creating a layout/sketch.  Next I created the card base and curvy border layers and went to work on the scripture panel.

The Lord is Near - Close-up

After that panel was stamped and die-cut I started on the flowers and flourishes.  I used some pre-made paper roses from my stash along with some die-cut and punched flowers.  I started with the paper roses and removed all the leaves on the underside of the flowers.  They were different greens and much too dark for my project.  Next I determined placement of the flourishes and glued those down, then added the paper roses and die-cut/punched smaller flowers.

Here's another view:

The Lord is Near - Alt View

Last steps were die-cutting/sponging the tiny leaves, placing those all around the flowers, and adding the linen thread bow and die-cut cross at the top.  I also added little dots of liquid pearls to the flower centers.

Here's one more photo:

The Lord is Near

I absolutely love how pretty and feminine this card looks with these beautiful shabby rose papers.  I hope you like it too!


Below are the stamps, dies and papers used for my project:

https://www.ourdailybreaddesigns.com/index.php/fancy-foliage-dies.html  https://www.ourdailybreaddesigns.com/index.php/gcs26-flourish-label-borders-clear-stamps.html https://www.ourdailybreaddesigns.com/index.php/csbd55-vintage-label-dies.html



Below are links to my fellow designers:




Prize Details:
We'd love to have you join us in sharing your projects using and ODBD Scripture.  Whether you choose to create a card using fun folds or a fun technique, create a CAS card, scrapbook page or home decore item - we'd love to see the projects you create using ODBD Scripture stamps.  

To enter, simply create your project using an ODBD Scripture, then add it to the InLinkz found at the bottom of the ODBD Post by Saturday, March 21, 2015.  Seven random winners will be chosen to receive a $15.00 ODBD Gift Certificate to be used toward the purchase of ODBD Stamps found in the "Stamps column" of the ODBD Store website.  

Winners will be posted on the ODBD Blog on Sunday March 22, 2015 - so please be sure to check there to see if you've won!!  Good luck everyone!!

Below is more information about our Anniversary celebration:



ODBD Scripture Collection Sale
From now through Saturday, March 21, 2015, you can SAVE 20% on all Scripture Collection stamp sets.  Please see the ODBD Blog for more details.


Thanks everyone for stopping by, and for celebrating with us today.  I have seen what all the other designers have created and I'm always amazed at their talent.  I hope you're enjoying the Hop, and are inspired by the scriptures and cards.

Hugs and Blessings!
Audrey



20 comments:

Angella D. Crockett said...

Ooooh, so gorgeous!!!!! Fabulous design.....love the layout, love the stamped dsp, love the awesome floral spray, and the embellished cross is the icing on the cake! Just beautiful!!! HUGS!!

Robin Clendenning said...

Wow Audrey! This looks like a gorgeous elaborate wedding cake!!! OMWord! Just magnificent! The lace on top of the gorgeous paper and border cut, all the flourishes and beautiful roses! Wow, wow, wow!! I LOVE your card! What a breathtaking creation my friend!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I am always in awe of your details, layers, and use of dies, Audrey!! Your creativity and eye for detail is jaw dropping. I just love the floral spray and foliage you added, the layering and your background for the beautiful scripture!! Gorgeous my friend!!
hugs,
Chris

Grace said...

Oh GASP Audrey!!! You ALWAYS blow me away with your creative layouts and use of dies and desgin paper!!! This is no exception! I love how you have every detail just perfect right down to removing the dark green leaves from the flowers.... and the verse you chose is wonderful!!! Wowzers!!!
hugs,
Grace

Becky said...

wow Audrey! This is gorgeous! Beautiful layers.

Thecla W said...

stunning card

Jackie said...

I love the soft colours and the layers! What lovely layers! And the flowers! i could go on and on... :-) This is just gorgeous!

Becky said...

Love the soft colors .... beautiful flowers, the lace, everything is beautiful!

Silke Ledlow said...

Audrey, I always love your designs and this one is so well thought off...just fabulous!

Lois said...

You certainly put your heart and soul into this gorgeous creation!

Karon said...

This is so elegant - fabulous flowers and papers! TFS

Saints Rule! said...

Amazing! Love the layers of DP and all of those fabulous die cuts! Your creations are a feast for the senses!

Graciellie Ch said...

Audrey this is wonderful! Wow... Your use of paper and die cuts is outstanding!!! I absolutely love your design. The verse you chose is so nice too. Hugs, Gracie.

Cathymac said...

You always amaze me with your gorgeous creations, Audrey! This card is so wonderfully vintage with the lace, the curvy border, and the perfectly placed foliage. Absolutely stunning, my dear friend! Hugs!

Dawn said...

Wowzers! Stunning, Audrey!! So elegant, love how you framed the verse with FLB! Beautiful!!!

Alshandra said...

Wow Audrey! This is stunning! I love all the details and what a beautiful scripture. Absolutely gorgeous!

Conniecrafter said...

Absolutely stunning, has that Victorian feel, Love it!

Kris Turner said...

Wow! I thought this was a canvas! You really poured yourself into this card - it's gorgeously vintage! This Scripture was a great choice for this card. Thanks for sharing!

E. Marie said...

This is stunning. I love all the layering, lace, and flowers.

Tricia Ann said...

beautiful embellishments