Sunday, February 1, 2015

Welcome to ODBD's February New Release!

Hi Everyone!!  We have another new ODBD Release to share today - and as always it's AMAZING! Hope you're enjoying all the beautiful cards and projects the designers have created for you - and I hope you've found some inspiration as well.

My first card features the new Hello! custom die and the Life is a Gift stamp set.  I love that there are two options for this particular image - one is total silhouette and the other has open areas for coloring. I had fun coloring this using my Sakura glaze and metalic pens.  This card was made using ODBD's Diamond Fold template card - this was so easy to make!!

I started by stamping, coloring and die-cutting the image panel.  Next I cut the Rustic Beauty papers to fit the front and inside panels of the diamond fold card.

Hello!! - Diamond Fold Front

Once that was done I die-cut the Quatrefoil Pattern die and trimmed it to fit the front panels.  Last steps were adding the Happy Birthday panel on the inside and adhering the ribbon to the back so it stays in place when the card is untied and open.  The ribbon is carefully positioned between dimensional foam dots so it moves easily when the card is opened and closed.


The next photo shows the card open:



And here's one from the front:



My next card features the same new Life is a Gift stamp but with a totally different look.  I used Sakura metalic and souffle pens on this one and love the dimension they add to this wonderful image!!  To make this card I started by stamping and coloring the image on the card base.  Next I sponged a bit of blue sky color inside the die cut window area to add more depth.

Then I die cut the Vintage Flourish Pattern die, glued that down and went to work on my ribbon tag arrangement.  I love this stamp set - it's so versatile!!

Life is a Gift - Close-up

Here's another photo of the front:

Life is a Gift - Live it Well!

Below are all the items used on my projects today:


  
       
  


And now for the Prize Details!!
Three randomly selected winners will each receive a $25.00 Gift Certificate to be used toward the purchase of ODBD Stamps found in the "Stamps Column" of the website - just for commenting on the Design Team cards!!  You'll have until February 2nd 2015 at 9:00pm EST to leave your comments.  The winners will be posted on the ODBD Blog on 

Febrjuary 3rd - so be sure to check back there to see if you've won.  Good Luck!!

Below are links to my fellow designers Blogs:

Cathy * Lori * Sandee * Dawn

Julie * Grace * Chris * Lisa * Angie



Thank you so much for stopping by, and for hopping along with us today.  I hope you found some inspiration and enjoyment along the way.

Hugs and blessings!!

Audrey

46 comments:

Lkpt Dee said...

Simply amazing .... love the cards

Angella D. Crockett said...

Wowza, girl!!! Your diamond fold is amazing!! Love the colors, papers, dies, and gorgeous coloring, plus the ribbon is super yummy!!! The 2nd is so cool and so gorgeous at the same time.....the pens you used look amazing.....bet it's even more gorgeous in person!! HUGS!!

Lois said...

Gorgeous! I love fun fold cards, so you know I was drawn to your first one. You colored the flowers so beautifully, and when folded up, the bow ties it together so nicely.

Becky said...

How Gorgeous! I love that you colored these, beautiful colors.

CARLA PREDIGER said...

Great work! I like the fancy folded cards! Great work! Your second sample is gorgeous too. So bright! Thanks for sharing your creations.

Melissa T. said...

Wonderful! Love your coloring of the flowers and al the details on your cards. Thank you for sharing. :)

Patty said...

Both stunning cards!! I think I like the second one especially with all the white framing those pretty colored flowers!!

Becky said...

Audrey that diamond fold card made me gasp when I saw it....what a beauty it is. The coloring on both cards is phenomenal....such beauties!

Dawn said...

oh my oh my.....your diamond fold is awesome! I'm gonna have to break out my Sakura pens! the second, just gorgeous...sigh

Jan said...

Wow, two absolutely gorgeous cards. I love the colors and the dies and stamps!!! I have never seen the diamond fold before. All I can say is, I LOVE IT!!!

Roseanna C said...

Love the cards, the diamond fold card is so unexpected. So pretty, love all the coloring.

Judy Hall said...

Wow! First I loved the rich purple color and then saw the diamond fold. Beautiful.

Miesje said...

Oh my, this is stunning!

garden gal said...

beautiful cards! I especially like the white life is a gift card with the vintage die overlay

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Both of these are beautiful, Audrey! Your diamond fold is out of the world lovely and the Souffle highlights really make the image stand out. Beautiful cards!

Sheila said...

The diamond fold card is quite eye catching...Love the uniqueness of the card. The frame around the flowers creates such depth and adds texture to the card which I like!

Angelica Schmidt said...

Both of your cards are amazing, they are so gorgeous! Have a Blessed day!

Grace said...

Oooh Audrey... you NEVER disappoint! These are both incredible! I love your creative diamond fold with great choices of dp and beautifully colored image! Your second one just literally pops off the page!I have to check in to those pens because I LOVE the look!!!
hugs,
Grace

Becky Kortman said...

Both cards are gorgeous, but the first one is inspiring. Thanks for all the work that went into coloring and making these beauties.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wowzer Audrey!! I always look forward to seeing your creations!! I just love the diamond fold of the first with your use of dies, dp, and the beautiful coloring!! The second one, takes my breath away!! I love your coloring against the white and your layering. It pops!!
You always inspire me with your talent and creativity!!

hugs,
Chris

Pattie J. said...

OH! MY! what a creation, an so well done. I was really surprised me when opened to a whole new concept of the design. Your coloring is magnificent. to top this gorgeous surprise card.

stamper101 said...

lovely and elegant cards - awesome!

April said...

Beautiful cards with wonderful rich colors! Love the fold on the first one.

Sarah said...

Audrey, what an awesome job on these beautiful cards. You are so very talented, Sarah W

Gina Ables said...

Both wildflowers are beautifully colored. I love the fancy-fold diamond card. Great job.

Heather said...

Two beautiful cards!! How fun is that first card!?

Pamela Haskin said...

Such pretty cards! I love the fun shape of the first one! I have those papers - I think I need to get them out.

Ann said...

Beautiful cards, love all the color and texture on them. Such beautiful inspiration from the DT on this months release hop.

Sue D said...

Great fold on the first and I like your coloring on both.

craftymom205 said...

Beautiful cards.

craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

vickienipp said...

the cards are beautiful, love the special folds!! love the dies thank your for sharing your creativity

Linda Carson said...

Beyond beautiful cards Audrey!! Love the coloring, textures and designs!

Jean Bullock said...

Both cards are gorgeous. I especially like the first one. The closed card is gorgeous and then surprise! There is more inside. Wonderful job. So creative!

Cathymac said...

Oh my…two gorgeous creations, Audrey! LOVE the brilliant colors and the dimension of the Sakura pens on both projects! Your diamond fold card is just stunning and I love the elegance of your second card! Your attention to detail is incredible, my friend, and totally inspiring! Hugs!

Beth Norman said...

Oh my goodness, two absolutely gorgeous cards. The top one jumps out with it glorious colouring and the second one has such a unique design by having the pretty die over top of the image. What a nice way to matt your design.

Bernadette Roberto Shisler said...

Beautiful cards, Audrey! I love the Sakura metallic and souffle pens. They make the image pop really nicely. Both cards are beautiful!

Leanne said...

Beautiful creations. Very detailed.

Mehrll said...

A new idea for a Diamond Fold card. Thank you. Love the use of the frame on the second one. It makes me want to get this die. Thanks

Greta said...

2 incredible creations!

Irish Cherokee said...

Two very impressive cords. Your first card is amazing all of the colors in the card design in the papers work perfectly together. Love your coloring. The second card is also beautiful. I love the diecut.

Jim

(AJ) ArtJypsy said...

So beautifully finished. Love both of your cards.

Silke Ledlow said...

Audrey...you are killing me with your fabulous ideas...LOL!!! Both cards are just WOW...love how you colored them! Hugs, ~S~

Karon said...

Audrey, two stunning cards and I love those floral stamps. Just shows how you can make two totally different cards just by changing the colours. Wonderful! TFS

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Wow!!! Audrey these are both colored so beautifully! I love the yellow on the second!!!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Goodness, Audrey, sweet friend, your cards are always over the top! Love, love, love, your fabulous designs....just pure gorgeousness! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful cards, Audrey! Love the reverse diamond fold, so many wonderful details!