Thursday, January 1, 2015

ODBD's January New Release is Here!!

Hi Everyone - HAPPY NEW YEAR!! 
Today we're celebrating the New Year with an exciting New Release at Our Daily Bread Designs - complete with Prizes!!  I'm always amazed at the beautiful stamps, dies and papers that Kelley and the team create for all of us each month, and what is so truly amazing is that each release seems somehow even more special than the last.  

That said I hope you feel the same, and find some joy and inspiration in this month's release.  The designers have been busy creating some beautiful samples for you - so take your time and enjoy every moment with us today!!

My first card features the new Music Speaks stamp set and new custom Faithful Fish Pattern Die (it's a die-cut and debosser in one!).  This card also features some of my favorite dies from past releases, including the little cross from last month's Mini Tags die set.

I started by die-cutting and debossing the background and banner panels.  Next I stamped and die-cut the sentiment circle, then went to work die-cutting all the other elements.  The Asters and some of the Fancy Foliage flourishes are die-cut from the Blooming Garden Collection Papers.


Shout for Joy to the Lord - Close-up

The last steps were deciding on the final arrangement and adding all the fun embellishments.  Here's another view:

Shout for Joy to the Lord


My next card features the same new stamps and dies and also includes last month's Mini Tags die.  I started by inking up the Faithful Fish Pattern die before running it through the BigShot.  I used Chalk Inks and tapped them directly onto the die - then carefully placed the cardstock and cutting plate on top - and I love the result!!

Never stop Dancing - Close-up

The next step was die-cutting the hearts, stamping/coloring and cutting the bird and musical stamp, and then stamping and carefully cutting the sentiment panel.  Once everything was ready I worked on final layout/placement and popped/glued all the elements in place.

Never stop Dancing!

Very last steps were adding the pretty green bakers twine bow, little die-cut heart charm and green sequins.  One thing I noticed in these photos is how bright the green twine looks.  I have seemingly misplaced my favorite camera and had to use my old one (thankfully I still had it!!), so it's probably somewhere in the old camera settings...



Below are all the stamps, dies and papers used in today's projects:


.  

.  

.  



Prize Details:
Three randomly selected winners will each receive a $25.00 Gift Certificate to be used toward the purchase of ODBD Stamps found in the "Stamps Column" of the ODBD Store website - just for commenting on the Design Team cards!!  You'll have until January 2nd, 2015 at 9:00pm EST to leave your comments on the DT's Blogs for a chances to win.  Winners will be posted to the ODBD Blog on January 3rd - so be sure to check back there to see if you've won!!  Good luck everyone!!


Below are links to the Designer's card samples using all the January Release stamps and dies:


Cathy * Sandee * Lori * Dawn

Julie * Angie * Chris * Grace

Audrey(me) * Silke * Wanda



Thank you for visiting me today.  Hopefully you're able to visit the other designers and have found some inspiration!!

Hugs and blessings!!

Audrey




50 comments:

Kathy S said...

This is one talented team. I love the heart card you created and the bow, is tied so perfect.

wannabcre8tive said...

Audrey, your cards are beautiful. I really love the first card and all the fab details.

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Happy New Year Audrey!!! WOW! Your cards are always so incredible!!! I love the way you die cut designer paper! So pretty! Your first card is gorgeous with that combination of colors!!! And I love the bright fun colors of the second! And the tiny heart too!!!

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Hello friend, and Happy New Year! It is always a pleasure to stop in here, Audrey. Your work is creative, inspiring and unique as usual; always a feast for the eyes! Your first card is sooo rich and full of texture; makes me want to touch it! I love the colors of the second card. It speaks 'spring' to me! Thanks for sharing and many blessings in the new year!

Becky said...

Happy New Year Audrey! Your cards are just stunning. I love the verse and love how you colored the die cut.

TLady said...

I am drooling over your creations Aubrey! I had to go back & look again, after seeing what you've used on them! I didn't even recognize what you used! LOL AND I see you too are leaning toward Valentines! BEAUTIFUL CREATIONS!!!! LOVE THEM BOTH! ;)

joy said...

Beautiful beautiful cards. I am so impressed with this release!

TR said...

What great cards! All the layering on them is so pretty.

Melissa T. said...

Love all the details on your card. Thank you for sharing! :)

Sillyfilly said...

What beautiful cards. That first one is absolutely gorgeous. Happy New Year!

Debby said...

Wow!!!! Both are beautiful.

Lauri Coons said...

Such beautiful cards.

Wanda Cullen said...

Once again, you've got over the top gorgeous release projects (but then I knew you would totally rock it - lol!). The first one is my absolute favorite. Sweet colors and love your creative take by cutting a circular portion of the sentiment! That aster collage is to die for! Blessings to you and yours in 2015! P.S. Please tell Pamzie hello if you see her.

Cheryl said...

Wow! Lots of detail in both of those cards! Great job!

Conniecrafter said...

so pretty, love how you combined the stamps in the first card and the bird image popped up on the second is so pretty!

Sarah said...

Audrey, beautiful card. Happy New Year, Sarah W

Ann said...

Beautiful cards, love the touches of gold on the first, and the pop of green on the second. Wonderful new releases too.

April said...

Wow! Stunning cards! Love them. Happy New Year!

Cards By Jan said...

Wow, Wow, Wow, Audrey...Awesome beautiful cards...what a way to bring in the New Year...Love them both, but especially the first!! Awesome layers, elements, and colours!!....and beautiful BG, and colours on the second... So pretty

Happy New Year.. Hugs!

Marla said...

Love, love, love!!! Breath-taking cards! I love everything about them. Beautiful!

Silke Ledlow said...

Happy New Year Audrey! OMG...I love the layout on your first card...so many fabulous details and I really like how you displayed this new image! Your second card is equally gorgeous...great design too! Hugs ~S~

Diane said...

Both cards are beautiful...very pretty details, and love the "ties ons" on your bows....beautifully done!

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

Gorgeous cards.

Andrea H. said...

Just beautiful!

Sue D said...

Wonderful details on your cards. I like how you used the mini tag dies.

Lisa Somerville said...

The top card is just stunning with all the layers and ODBD products you used! Fabulous cards, Audrey!

Jackie Waxler said...

Hi. Great cards and stamp sets. Thanks

Saints Rule! said...

Your die work is always over the top! And this release is no exception!

JoAnn said...

Love both of your beautiful cards. The first one is my favorite with that sentiment and pretty flower.
Happy New Year.

Kandy Foote said...

Happy New Year! Thanks for sharing your ideas. Both cards are stunning!

Deb said...

Both of your cards are wonderful!

Queen Mary said...

Stunning cards! Such incredible detail!

Pat Bowman said...

Love both of these cards, but especially love all the luscious layers on the first one!

Grace said...

STUNNING, STUNNING, STUNNING Audrey!!!! You always inspire me with your layouts and details! I just love your die cuts and the inked debossed fish die! Both cards just blow me away!!!

Happy New Year my friend!!!

Suzi said...

You know, I have a drawerful of those little bits and bobs, but never think to use them. Thank you for the beautiful reminder. Your creative touches adds such interest to your cards! TFS!

Becky said...

WOW....I love that purple Never Stop Dancing....what a gorgeous creation!

Pamela Haskin said...

Great cards to start off the new year! Just so gorgeous! I especially like the flower center on the first card.

Mary Roberson said...

I really like your little song bird & Flourish. Happy New Year!

changedbyHim said...

How can anyone beat those embellishments? Thanks for your hard work. Blessings.

christi said...

beautiful cards. the details are fabulous.

Kathy Krug said...

Beautiful texture and dimensoin and amazing details.

Cathymac said...

They say it's all in the details, and you, Audrey my dear, are a master at the details! Your cards are always so gorgeous, and your two cards for this release are no exception…rich in texture and flawlessly assembled! What exquisite samples for this release…hugs, my friend! Have a wonderful and blessed new year!

Shelia said...

Gorgeous cards with fabulous details! I especially like the green bakers twine on the second one!

Jean Bullock said...

Both cards are gorgeous. The first one, however, blew me away. Fantastic.

Lois said...

Two beautifully created cards! I especially like the simpler one, although it was a tough choice!

Heather said...

These are both gorgeous!! I love the second with the way you cut out the musical score. What an awesome look!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Oh my word, where do I start? Audrey, my sweet, sweet friend, your cards for this release are out of this world! I am just blown away by bot of them, but girl, that first one is beyond gorgeous! I wish you a very happy New year, may God bless you richly! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Dawn said...

Wow...I absolutely LOVE the first one, all those yummy layers! the second is so cute with your fussy cutting!

Kelley said...

Audrey, as always your cards are amazing! Love the flower card and your heart card is so cool with the fish BG's!! Awesome!

Angella D. Crockett said...

Love them both, Audrey!! Your flowers and little details are always amazing!!! HUGS!!!