Thursday, January 1, 2015

Never Stop Dancing to the Music in your Heart

Hello again - I have another new card to share on this newest day of the new year!  And it's for the Ways to use it Challenge over at SCS - Use something new.  Well, that's easy with the ODBD New Release here today!

I was craving some blue for some reason, maybe because of this sweet little Blue bird.  Anyway, to make this card I started by stamping and coloring the blue bird music image.  Next I die-cut the two layers and did a bit of sponging, then I die-cut and mounted the background panels and added some pearl flourishes.  Next I went to work on the sentiment banner.

Music Speaks - Close-up
After the sentiment was stamped and cut along the curve of the stamp I die-cut each end using the same Vintage Labels die as the other layers.  Next I sponged and popped that above the birdie and mounted/glued all the layers of the card.  Last steps were the finishing touches of the ribbon/bow and sequins.

Here's a view of the full card:

Music Speaks


Card Receipe and Details:

  • ODBD New January Release Music Speaks Stamp Set
  • White, Blue and Black Cardstock
  • Black, Lost Lagoon and Pacific Point Ink and Gel Pens to color the image
  • ODBD Custom Vintage Floral Pattern Die and Vintage Labels Dies
  • Pearls, Squins and Ribbon

Challenge Details:



Thanks for stopping by!!

Hugs and Blessings,
Audrey


2 comments:

Karen Letchworth said...

Hello Audrey Ann! What a SUPER sweet card. The image and sentiment are both LOVELY, and together the card is just off the chain GORGEOUS! Thanks SO MUCH for sharing your wonderful God-given talents with us. I am so grateful to have you play along in our challenge and hope that you will join us again very soon.
Blessings,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

P.S. The ribbon you've used is BEAUTIFUL, and it makes this card so PERFECT for our challenge at Really Reasonable Ribbon. I hope you will consider linking up here as well:

http://reasonableribbon.blogspot.com/2015/01/rrr-challenge-109-looky-what-i-got-with.html

wannabcre8tive said...

Audrey, this card is stunning. I am loving the pretty blue with black along with the pearls.