Saturday, November 1, 2014

Welcome to ODBD's November New Release Party!!


    


Hi everyone - welcome to another amazing ODBD New Release!!  Each new month brings so many beautifully designed and perfectly coordinating Stamps and Dies at ODBD, and this month's release also includes TWO wonderful coordinating Paper Collections.

These papers have quickly become my favorites - they're so beautiful.  Have you seen them?  Maybe you already have yours?  If so you know what I'm talking about :)!

Anyway, on to my projects.  The first card features the new His Birth stamp, along with the previously released ODBD Custom Poinsettia Die and one of my all-time favorites Fancy Foliage die sets.  It also features the new Christmas Papers Collection for 2014.  To make this card I started with the Poinsettia, die-cutting, shaping and mounting everything together.  I used Pan Pastels to add a bit of color and interest to the flower and leaves - love how this little touch can bring so much life to a flower!!  Below is a close-up view:

Peaceful Poinsettia - Close-up

Next I stamped the sentiment, played with the papers and decided to create a couple of curved die-cut layers to accentuate the natural curves in the stars and flourishes on the papers.  Once all the elements were created I went to work mounting/adhering all the layers and elements to the card base.  Last steps were adding the Fancy Flourish around the Poinsettia and placing a few sequin accents.

Below are a couple more views:

Peaceful Poinsettia Front
Peaceful Poinsettia - Alt View

My next project also uses the His Birth stamp set, along with the new ODBD Custom Sparkling Stars Die set, the new Winter Collection Papers, and the previously released  ODBD Vintage Flourish Pattern, Vintage Labels and Beautiful Borders Die sets.

I started this one by selecting the papers, die-cutting the before cutting into any of these beautiful papers (very important :)!!
Star and Vintage Labels, and then working with placement design.  I wanted to figure that out


His Birth Christmas Card

Next step was die-cutting the Beautiful Border along the bottom as well as the Vintage Lables layers.  I sponged a little walnut ink around the labels, added twine and mounted everything together.  The final touches were the little star accent on the bow, and then the  sequins.  Below are a couple more views:


His Birth Christmas

His Birth - Alt View


As always - there are PRIZES!!!   Three randomly selected winners will each receive a $15.00 Gift Certificate just for commenting on the Design Team cards!!  The gift certificate can be used toward the purchase of ODBD Stamp's found in the "Stamps column" of the ODBD Website. You'll have until November 2nd 2014 at 9:00pm EST to leave your comments on the Designers Blogs for a chance to win!!  Winners will be posted on the ODBD Blog on November 3rd - so be sure to check back there to see if you've won!!



Below are the stamps, dies and papers used on today's samples:

   

     \



Below are the links to my fellow Designer's Blogs and all their amazing projects:

Chris * Lori * Paula Cathy

Dawn * Sandee * Julie * Angie

Lisa * Wanda * GraceSilke 

Sabrina * Audrey (me)

Graciellie (Guest Designer)


Thank you for joining us today.  I hope you found some inspiration along the way - and that you'll stop back by for a visit soon :)!!

Hugs and Blessings everyone!!
Audrey



35 comments:

Angella D. Crockett said...

Eye candy galore!!!!! Both of your cards are super amazing!!!! The colors, details, and design features are always outstanding!!!! HUGS!!!

wannabcre8tive said...

Both of your cards are beautiful. Fabulous layouts and color choices.

Becky said...

Love the Peaceful Poinsettia card...so much detail on both and the colors are so appealing!

Patty said...

Okay....my jaw just hit the floor when I saw your stunning cards!! The design & colors & details on both are just wonderful...I keep scrolling back & forth to look at both..don't think I could pick a favorite..they are both soooooo pretty!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my, both of these are just stunning, your flower is just gorgeous and having the sentiment between the two curved panels is lovely, just love the colors in the second, great border die for this, the tree looks great off to the side too!

Dawn said...

...gasp....sigh....gasp...
where do I start, Audrey!!! both are just gorgeous! LOVE the design on the first, stunning poinsettia too!! LOVE the Walnut Stain sponged on the second.
beautiful!!!!

Raylene Hillhouse said...

Love your cards.. Beautiful shading!

Jeanne said...

Love your cards!

Marisa said...

Love the curved edges on the first one and lovely colours on the second.

Becky said...

wow.. These are stunning! Love the colors and design on the first one and that flower is gorgeous. I just love the colors and shading on that second on too.

Beth Norman said...

Goodness, two stunning cards. I wish I had the ability to pin them as I love the layout of your first card and would love to CASE it, I have those same dies and don't use them to their full potential. Your cards rock my world.

laughingstamper said...

What a beautiful Poinsettia and such pretty colors on your first project!!!! I Loooove the DP you chose to use on the background of the second. So nice to use the different papers together!!!!

Pattie J. said...

a magnificent Poinsettia, I also love the texture feel of the second one misty and bright at the same time. Love it.

Pattie J. said...

Love your second card, the big star and the misty tree. lots to think about here. love it. perfect colors.

April said...

These are so beautiful! I love them both. Great job!

Shelia said...

Beautiful cards!! Love the die cut borders on the first one.

Saints Rule! said...

Love the curved edges to your first design! And that poinsettia is over the top! Your second card is perfect as well! Love how you used the image on the paper and worked it into the natural feel of the design! {{hugs}}

Grace said...

Oh GASP Audrey!!! You ALWAYS blow me away and this month is no exception!!! I just love the color combo of the first one with that very unique and fun layout and the gorgeous poinsettia!!! The second one is just gorgoeus! Love the dp you used and the soft sponging and neutral tones of the second! Just amazing!!!!
hugs,
Grace

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh Audrey, your creations always take my breath away!! I just love all your creations but that first one with the stunning poinsettia, your use of the dies and gorgeous paper is my all time fave. Love everything about it. Your second with the neutral tones, soft sponging and layout which shows off that beautiful tree paper, is stunning!! You are so inspiring my friend!
hugs,
Chris

Cathymac said...

Unique, elegant, and gorgeous, as always Audrey! Love the perfectly placed curvy borders and beautiful poinsettia on the first card! The sponged edges and sepia tones give your second card a stunning vintage look! Always an inspiration, my friend! Hugs!

Sherry said...

soooooooooooooooo gorgeous!!!!!!

Sue D said...

Love the poinsettia on the first and the star and tree in the background on the second.

Janet said...

absolutely beautiful !!!

Hannah Means said...

I love the dimension you get on both of your cards! They both are beautiful!

patsking said...

Lovely dimensions

Karon said...

WOW - stunning cards. Amazing dies and I love love that poinsettia! TFS

Diane17Lynne said...

I have a weakness for poinsettias so this is my favorite of your two cards. Thanks for sharing.

Cards By Betty said...

very unique way to use the new stamps and dies

Kathy Krug said...

Beautiful cards. Love all the texture and dimension.

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Audrey, these are gorgeous! I adore your first w/ the curved borders and beautiful poinsettia. Your second is wonderful w/ the paper choice and beautiful borders. You always have such fabulous creations!

Wanda Cullen said...

Goodness, Audrey, your projects are both so stunning!! That first one is my fave of the the whole release! I'm so in awe of your realistic poinsettia and the curvy borders...my jaw is still on the floor!

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Audrey! {{{GASP!!!}}} Once again you have blown me away! Stunning cards!

Sabrina aka okimom2girlz said...

GASP, is right, I am totally with Sandee here! Audrey girl, you are blowing me away with your amazing absolutely stunning designs! Would love to be on your Christmas card list! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Lisa Somerville said...

Simply stunning Audrey! Fabulous use of the November ODBD New Release! Love your designs, wonderful added dimension to the poinsettia!

Kelley said...

Well, my last comment disappeared so trying again,...LOL!
I think I mentioned that I love the details of the poinsettias! Love the 2nd card too with all the die cuts!!! Awesome!