Sunday, November 2, 2014

It's Christmastime!!

Hi everyone, I have one more card to share this weekend!!  Wow, it's been a fun one for me with all this stamping time.  

This card is in celebration of today's Featured Stamper over on SCS.  Her name is Monika Jakubowska aka Monia on SCS, and all the cards in her gallery are drop dead gorgeous.  She has a fresh elegant style and I could have spent hours looking at all the cards.  That said it really didn't take me long to find one I thought I could CASE.

To make this card I started by stamping the Midnight Clear background onto Vellum card stock.  I glued that layer onto white card stock, then mounted that layer onto the card base.  Next I went to work on all the die-cuts. 

I die-cut the Doily first, then moved on to the Poinsettia and greenery.  I added some Pan Pastel highlights along with flocking powder and superfine glitter to the Poinsettia leaves.  Then I went back over the edges of the leaves and added a brighter Ranger dry glitter for more pop.  

Below is a close-up that shows all the details:

Poinsettia Christmas Close-up

Next step was adding some strips of sheer white ribbon under the florals and adhering everything together.  Last steps were adding the sentiment banner and little sparkling stars.

Here's another view:

Poinsettia Christmas



Card Challenge Details:

Card Recipe & Details:
  • ODBD Midnight Background and God's Timing Stamp Sets
  • ODBD Christmas Collection Paper 2014, Vellum, White Card Stocks
  • Lost Lagoon Ink, Pan Pastel coloring (Flowers)
  • ODBD Custom Doily, Peaceful Poinsettia, Fancy Foliage and Doily Dies
  • Flocking Powder, Glitter (2 types), Liquid Pearls, Ribbon, Foam Tape

Thank you for your visit!!  I hope you found some inspiration.

Blessings,
Audrey




2 comments:

Karon said...

Oh my goodness - this is stunning! Fabulous background and those wonderful poinsettias - wow! Have a great week.

wannabcre8tive said...

Audrey, this is so beautiful.