Saturday, November 1, 2014

Fancy Foliage Christmas

Hi Everyone - Happy Saturday!!  This is my second post today (I think that's a first!!), so if you're looking for the New ODBD Release cards you can scroll further down, or jump directly to that post from here: Welcome to ODBD November Release.

This project was made using some of the ODBD November Release stamps/dies, and is for a couple of challenges over at SCS.  To make the card I started the new Winter Collection papers, His Birth stamps, and the Sparkling Stars dies.  I also used the Vintage Florish Pattern, Vintage Labels, and my favorite Fancy Foliage Die sets.

To make this I started with inspiration from the IC Challenge and used die-cut frame in the new Winter Collection papers. Next I stamped, colored, and layered the die-cut Stars, Stamped the sentiment, die-cut several Fancy Foliage pieces, and then played with the layout. Below is a close-up that shows all the fun details:


Sparkling Stars Christmas
Next I stamped the Christmas message on the vintage labels die-cut and carefully centered that on my card base.  Next I centered and mounted the Frame layers onto the card base.  At this point I finalized where the stars and Fancy Foliage would be and mounted everything into place.  Last touches were with the little stars and glitter details.

Here's another photo:




Below are the stamps/dies and papers used on my project:


   

     



This card was made for the following challenges:
  • SCS Ways to Use it Challenge - WT503
    • This challenge is to use a Favorite item on your card or project.  My favorite item is the wonderful Fancy Foliage die.  I could seriously find a way to incorporate this die element in EVERY card I make!! It can be dressed up, dressed down, used on feminine cards, added to a masculine card, it can be cut and reshaped - and today it's adorned with little Stars and glitter - it's an all around favorite for me!!  Here's a link to the SCS card:  Fancy Foliage Christmas
  • SCS Inspiration Challenge - IC465 Sweitzer Linen

Thank you for your visit - I hope you found some inspiration here today.

Hugs & Blessings,
Audrey


3 comments:

Cards By Jan said...

Wow..Audrey...IF this isn't just the most gorgeous card ever...wow!! I Love the new dies over at ODBD....my wish list is getting might long........but I think Kelley did it again,,,what a lady...Awesome!!

Karon said...

Oh my - amazing creation. Fabulous layers and love the framing. Beautiful stars - wonderful. TFS

Becky said...

wow Audrey, this is stunning!