Friday, October 24, 2014

Welcome to ODBD's October Reminder!!

Hi everyone - hope all is well!!  Today we're taking a look back at Our Daily Bread Designs October Release ODBD October Release.  There are so many beautiful stamps and dies featured in this month's release - they are truly amazing!!

My projects were created using two new Ornament stamps, Noel Ornament and Mother and Child Ornament, the new Matting Circles Dies, along with the previously released Doily Die, Circle Ornaments die, and Quatrefoil Pattern Die as well as one of my all time favorites - Fancy Foliage Die.

My first card features the beautiful Noel Ornament.  To make this card I stamped the ornament in White Stazon on a sheet of Acetate, then die-cut the ornament using the Matting Circles die.  Next I stamped the image again on white card stock, cut the Merry Christmas sentiment to create the banner, and die cut the ornament hanger.

Next step was to die-cut two large circle "cut-outs" - one in the Card Base and the other in the Card Frame.  Then I added the blue die-cut ornament/doily to the inside of the card base.  This adds color contrast and dimension, and allows the hanging Ornament image to pop.

Noel Ornament - October Reminder Post

The final steps were adding the Fancy Foliage, Silver Ribbon Bow and little Jingle Bells, and then mounting everything together.  The Ornament is hanging and swings forward and back when holding the card.  I love how the fancy foliage looks a bit like Christmas Tree lights - a cool but unexpected little surprise (love when things like that happen :)!

Hubby absolutely loved this card - especially when he initially thought the ornament could be removed and placed on a Christmas Tree!!!  Well now, that's a brilliant idea - wished I'd have thought of it LOL!

Below is a close-up view that better shows the light coming from behind/through the center doily die-cut and card base.

Noel Ornament - Close-up



I love how this next card came out - I think the beautiful image just pops over the wonderful background. For this card I started by die-cutting/assembling the card base.  Next I stamped/colored the Mother and Child image using Copics, then die-cut the ornament layers, ornament topper, and fancy foliage pine bows.

Mother & Child Ornament - Close-up

Once that was done I created the sentiment banner by coloring and stamping the "Joy to the World" sentiment from the Noel Ornament stamp, then went to work on adding all the fun embellishments.  For this project that included adding the Gold cord ribbon, flocking and glittering the pine bows, and adding snow white Flowersoft around the top portion of the ornament.  There is so much texture on the foliage it looks almost real - so pretty.

I also added ultrafine clear glitter to the Halo, but that's difficult to see in the photos.

Below are a couple more views of this card:






Below are the stamps/dies and papers used in today's projects:


        

    

  


For more inspiration and to see what the other Designers have created for you, feel free to visit their Blogs - links are included below:

 Grace Paula * Chris * Lori

Julie * Sandee Cathy * Dawn

Stacy * Wanda * Audrey (you are here)


This card is also being submitted for the following Challenge:



Thank you for your visit today - I hope you found some inspiration!!  

Blessings,

Audrey





8 comments:

KimCreate said...

oh my gosh, the ornament card is so pretty!

Cathymac said...

Your ornament cards are beyond gorgeous, Audrey! Stamping the Noel ornament on acetate adds a dimension to the ornament that almost makes it look 3-D…just stunning! Love the coloring, the pine boughs, the depiction of the true meaning of Christmas, and all your extra details on the Mother and Child card that make it a keepsake card for the lucky recipient! Truly amazing, my friend! Hugs!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow Audrey!! Your cards are so stunning!! I so love your Mary and Joseph ornament with your gorgeous coloring, use of pines, and the die cut background. So rich...showing the joyous meaning of Christmas!! Your white card with the window and the silver embossing on blue as well as your added texture and details is also stunning!! You truly are inspiring my friend!!
hugs,
Chris

laughingstamper said...

Love the contrast of both projects! They are real eye catchers and oh so elegant!

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Oh my word Audrey! Your first card took my breath away! So crisp and Christmas-y! But then I saw your next card! I am totally blown away! Stunning my friend! Absolutely stunning!

Stacy aka Twinshappy on SCS said...

Oh man.... Audrey these are gorgeous/beautiful/wonderful! One big word for GASP! I love the ornament and your fun swirls at the top! Mom and babe are elegant and beautiful! Fantastic work my sweet friend!

Linda Carson said...

Most excellent artwork Audrey! Both of these beauties are picture perfect! You have an amazing eye for design and details!

Carole Robb Bisson said...

Thank you for posting your beautiful art with us this week during our 155th challenge at Word Art Wednesday. I’m praying for sweet sunshiny days and I’m sending happy hugs. Carole