Tuesday, July 1, 2014

ODBD's Latest Release is Here!!!!

Hi Everyone and Welcome to ODBD's July Release!!  This month is all about Banners for me with all my projects using the new Pennant Row and Die sets.

My first project uses the New Pennant Row and Die sets as mentioned, along with the recently released Asters and Leaves Die and Blooming Garden Collection papers.  To make this card I first die-cut the flowers leaves and flourish, then stamped and die-cut the banners and played with the layout design.  I assembled the flower, glittered the banners then mounted everything onto the card base.  Last steps were adding the bows and a few sequins.


Inspire / Imagine

Below is a close-up of the flower - it really shows off the fun sparkly center and how beautifully these papers work together!!


Asters and Leaves - Close-up View

My next card features the the Believe Pennant Row stamp and Die set, along with another favorite of mine, the Faith stamp and Butterfly Branch Die sets (Butterfly stems and Verse).  It also features my new favorite Decorative Vase die!!  I'd use that on every card if I could!!  To make this one I started with the Faith butterfly, stamped onto craft card stock and die-cut.  The image was colored using Prismacolor pencils.  I then stamped and die-cut a second and third time from ODBD Blushing Bride paper collection and layered/mounted the butterflies to add interest and depth.


Believe

Next steps were to stamp and die-cut the verse, stamp and die-cut the banner, die-cut the other elements (the decorative corner, fancy foliage, and bottom border) and assemble everything.  After everything was together I added a few finishing touches - this is always fun!!  For this card it was the dots of crystal effects on the butterfly's polka-dots, the linen thread bow and sequins, along with some added die-cut leaves around the special little butterflies :).

The photo below shows all the details close-up.


Believe - Close-up View

This month I have a third card to show you - this one was just as much fun to make as the others but is so much more beautiful in real life.  The photo cannot fully capture the wonderful glitter detailing, and doesn't capture the colors well either.  Even so it's worth sharing :).


Blessed - Close-up View

This card features the Blessed banner, along with the Blooming Garden Collection papers and several other ODBD custom dies.  To make this I started by die-cutting the frame.  Behind that is a stamped and die-cut vanilla panel and a quatrefoil die-cut, then over the frame are layers of the Ornamental Crosses and the Blessed Banner.  Before everything was mounted I added a warm/clear glitter all around the base Cross and in the darker/sponged areas of the top cross, as well as to the flower center.  There is also glitter 'dots' on the banner.  Final touches were the little bows and sequins.


Blessed

Thank you for joining us this month - and as a reminder - there are prizes!!!

Prize Information:
Three winners will be randomly chosen from the comments left on the designers blogs to receive a $15 Gift Certificate to the ODBD Store, to be used toward the purchase of ODBD Stamps.  You have until July 2, 2014 at 9:00 p.m. EDT to leave your comments!  The Winners will be posted on the ODBD Blog on July 3rd, so be sure to check back there to see if you won!

Below are the stamps and dies I used for my samples this month:


    


     



      


     

 


Below are links to all the Designers Blogs and samples - and as always the creations this month are truly gorgeous!!  Hope you found some inspiration, and thank you for joining in our July Celebration!!


 Julie * Grace * Chris *

 Lori * Cathy * Sandee * Dawn *

 Angie * Lisa * Wanda * Audrey(me) * Sabrina



Thanks again - blessings everyone!!

Hugs,
Audrey


25 comments:

Dawn said...

Beautiful samples, Audrey! love your use of the papers and the Butterfly Branch too! Fabulous!

Sabrina aka okimom2girlz said...

Audrey, my friend, amazing samples for today's release! I am absolutely in love with all of them, but that second one must be for me, right? :D Sigh.......so stunning! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

grandmato20 said...

Audrey, your cards are breath-taking!!!!! These pennants are glorious!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Wow! These three are gorgeous, Audrey! the combo of dies, images & papers is fabulous and your layering & layouts are just amazing.

Ann w said...

Your cards are beautiful. Love the butterflies and all the detail work.

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Audrey I am in such awe over your creations every month! I love all of these but my fave is the Believe card!!! Wow!!!

Serena said...

Gorgeous cards!! Especially love the first one!

Becky said...

Oh Audrey, this was worth the wait....I couldn't get on your blog earlier today but it was definitely worth coming back for. Love your creations!

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Have I told you how amazing your work is, Audrey?? WOW is all I can say! Stunning use of color and pattern, which is a bit different than what you usually do. The polka dot butterflies are particularly sweet! Each is a little masterpiece! Hope you are having an amazing summer!

Cathymac said...

Gorgeous designs and details on all three, Audrey! Your cards are always such a work of art and always stunning! I'm afraid I can't choose a favorite! LOL! I am so blessed to have received one of your masterpieces! Hugs, my friend!

Angella D. Crockett said...

My goodness, girl, you have outdone yourself once again!! Each card is absolutely stunning and a work of art! you are amazing!!! HUGS!!

Sue D said...

Fabulous colors and patterns!

Roseanna C said...

Very pretty cards, the layers of flowers and the butterflies with the vase just pop off the cards.
Thanks for the inspiration.

Gracie CH said...

Beautiful, beautiful cards!!!!! Love them both.

Pamela Haskin said...

Wonderful and gorgeous cards! Love all the details. Thanks for the close ups.

Saints Rule! said...

Beautiful projects! From your use of dies to the vintage feeling paper... they all sing a beautiful melody! Awesome work my friend!

Conniecrafter said...

Such pretty cards, I will have to say your Believe card stands out for me and is just stunning, gorgeous papers and love the depth you have achieved with the butterflies stamp!!

Kris B said...

Beautiful cards! love the shabby chic look! Fantastic colors and layers!!

Kelley said...

Oh my gosh, look at all the products used!! So awesome, and your cards are so beautiful!! Great job!

nwilliams6 said...

Wow Audzi, I love these cards. I didn't even know ODBD had paper or so many cool dies. I feel a shopping trip coming on! Beautiful work. Hugz!

Grace said...

Oh my word Audrey!!! You always blow me away and this is no exception!!! LOVE your clever design on the top one and your butterfly bouquet is just amazing! Love the Blessings one as well.... so much work and thought went in to each one and I just wish I could spend a little time inside your creative brain! Maybe just a little would rub off on me? LOL! Love them all!!!!

Lisa Somerville said...

Stunning projects Audrey! So many wonderful ODBD projects used, fabulous details and inspiration!

laughingstamper said...

Audrey, you use of color is so rich and vibrant! You spent a lot of time creating these beautiful pieces of art!

Becky said...

wow Audrey, all of your cards are just stunning!

TLady said...

What BEAUTIFUL CREATIONS Audrey! I just wanted to pop over & tell you Thank You for following my blog & for your support!!! (((HUGS!))) :D