Sunday, June 1, 2014

Welcome to ODBD's June Release!!

Hi Everyone!!  Welcome to another amazing release at ODBD.  The stamps, dies and papers, and the other designers creations will blow you away this month!!  If you've already been 'hopping' along you know exactly what I'm talking about - right? :)!!

My projects feature the new Asters and Leaves and Decorative Vase Custom Dies along with the beautiful Blushing Rose Collection papers.  I love all the ODBD paper collections and this month's has fast become one of my favorites!!

To make my first card I started with the base, die-cut and matted the Sentiment Panel directly from the Blushing Rose Collection Papers, then die-cut and popped the Vintage Flourishes frame on top.  Next I set out to 'decorate' the card with the Decorative Vase and Asters.  These Asters are made using only the smallest flower, center and leaves.  I also made some little roses using leftover pieces from the Quatrefoil die plus the little clover/flower from the Ornamental Crosses die.

Here's a close-up of my first card:


Vase with Flowers - Close-up

I love that this verse is included as part of the papers - it's hard to read in my photos.  It says:


She is clothed in strength and dignity,
 and she laughs without fear of the future.
Proverbs 31:25

Here are some other views in case you want to see more:

Vase and Flowers

Vase and Flowers - Alt View

My next card uses the same new release items, along with some other ODBD favorites.  To make this card I started with the base, die-cut the Quatrefoil pattern in the new Blushing Rose Papers, adhered that over a second layer of the papers, then added some lace at the bottom.  Then I die-cut, curved, sponged and decorated the Vase.  I used liquid pearls on the embossed areas then after that was dried covered the entire vase in matte glaze.  Next I started die-cutting all the fun flower elements.


Flowers for You - Close-up

I just cannot get enough of these amazing Papers, and honestly I could sit and make these flower arrangements all day and never tire.  The For You tag is also a part of the Blushing Rose Collection papers so all I did was die-cut and edge with a bit of liquid pearls.


Flowers for You

Flowers for You - Alt View



Below are all the ODBD dies and papers that were used on my projects today:

     

       

     



Prize Information:
Three winners will be randomly chosen from the comments left on the Designer's Blogs to receive a $15.00 gift certificate to be used toward the purchase of ODBD Stamps at the ODBD Store. You'll have until June 2, 2014 at 9:00pm EDT to leave your comments.  The Winners will be posted on the ODBD Blog on June 3rd - so be sure to check back there to see if you've Won!!!

Below are the links to my fellow-designers Blogs:

Grace * Sandee * Stacy * Dawn * Lori

Cathy * Julie * Sabrina * Angie * Lisa 

Silke * Audrey(me) * Wanda




Card Details and Recipe:

This card is also being submitted for the Word Art Wednesday Challenge #134 - Anything Goes




Thank you for stopping by - hope you enjoyed your time with us today!!!  And I hope you have a wonderful day.

Hugs and Blessings,
Audrey



25 comments:

Angella D. Crockett said...

Wow, wow, wow!!! Both are incredible!! You are one die-cutting maniac!!! Your flowers are amazing on both samples, but I LOVE how you used the liquid pearls on the 2nd.....what an awesome look it gives to an already gorgeous project!! HUGS!!

Francie G. said...

Triple WOW! Gorgeous!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh Audrey, jaw dropping gorgeous!! I am in awe!! I just love all the added embossing, texture and sheer gorgeousness of both creations. Your flowers are amazing as are your colors and use of dp!! You are amazing!! Stunning my friend!!
hugs,
Chris

Roseanna C said...

Your cards are stunning!! Your flowers are wonderful. thanks for the inspiration.

Grace said...

Audrey you always amaze me... truly!!! Your use of dp with the die cuts gives such a beautiful and unique effect, and the liquid pearls are soooooooo beautiful!!!! I adore that touch!!! As always... I'm left drooling on my keyboard!!! Thanks for always inspiring my my friend!!!
hugs,
Grace

Pattie J. said...

Lovely cards. beautifully done.

Stacy aka Twinshappy on SCS said...

Pure beauty! Audrey your vases in each of these are amazing and making me rethink this vase die. I like the flowers and the way you framed the sentiment in the first card. Both are true beauties!

DebR said...

Wow..both of these are stunning! Such details in them...love the colors.

Karon said...

Oh my goodness - these are amazing. Fabulous vintage look to them, those papers and die cuts are stunning. TFS and have a great week.

Liz Williams said...

Lovely use of these fabulous die cuts.

Lynne said...

Audrey - These are both such lovely cards. Whoever is the lucky recipient of one of these cards is very fortunate!

Becky said...

wow Audrey, these are just stunning. Love the new flower die.

Marisa said...

Two beauties, Audrey! Love your flowers!!

Wanda Cullen said...

Your cards need to be framed and hung so EVERYONE can ooh and ahh at these over the top gorgeous pieces of art! WOW, I can't imagine putting all of those details together...sheer perfection! You have a real gift with creating with paper!

Patty said...

OH WOW!! Both GORGEOUS cards!! Lost for words on what else to say,....beautiful!!

Sue D said...

Love the flowers and the colors.

Saints Rule! said...

I agree with Ang... you are one die cutting maniac!!!! AND I SO WANT TO GROW UP TO BE LIKE YOU!!!! Awesome projects Audrey... the soft colors... shabby feel... layers upon layers... JUST DREAMY!!!!

Karen Letchworth said...

Your art is always SUCH a blessing to me, Audrey Ann. Thanks SO MUCH for sharing your talents in our challenge. I am LOVING the great textures on this one, and the color scheme. You made my day, and I can't adequately thank you for sharing your God-given talents by playing along in our challenges. Your fellowship is treasured. May God bless your week!
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Shelia said...

These are absolutely gorgeous cards. Love them both with those beautiful asters and the die cut vase! Beautiful details and great color combos!

Dawn said...

*sigh*..............I LOVE them both! beautiful designs and floral arrangements! and I love the liquid pearls! Amazing samples, Audrey!!

Sandee Shanabrough said...

WOW!!! Audrey you are so amazingly creative! Your cards are stunning! The way you did the second vase is genius!

Becky said...

WOW! Audrey, what a fantastic design....really makes those asters shine....love it!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Both are fabulous, Audrey! So many lovely details and fabulous layouts. Your use of the papers and dies is just amazing.

Saints Rule! said...

Wonderful project! Thanks for sharing it with us at Word Art Wednesday!

Kelley said...

Holy crap, these are both so awesome!!! Oops, better put my socks back on...LOL!! so pretty, Audrey!!!