Thursday, May 1, 2014

ODBD's May Release Celebration!!

Welcome to ODBD's May Release - Thank you for stopping by.  This month presents lots of wonderful new stamps and dies, and amazing papers too.   My sister designers have really out-done themselves with beautiful creations for all of us - and as always I'm in awe of their talents!!

My first project features the new Angel Wings Die, Sheltering Angel Stamp, and the beautiful Rustic Beauty Collection papers, along with items from previous releases - all detailed further down in my post.

To make the first card I stamped and die-cut the sentiment panel and wings, die-cut the fancy foliage, layered flowers and leaves, and then worked on the arrangement.  I chose an alternate orientation on my Angel Wings and then noticed after-the-fact that they might be sideways... Maybe this was meant to show how versatile they are :)!!!


An Irish Blessing with Flowers

I love playing with the layout and placement on my cards - After all the elements are created.  I enjoy moving things around on the card front until it sort-of speaks to me.  I rarely glue anything down until I've explored all my options.  And once everything is stacked/popped and glued I love adding those final perfect little touches - in this case those were the tiny rhinestones and dabs of glitter :)!!


An Irish Prayer


My next project uses the same Sheltering Angel stamp, Angel Wings Die and the wonderful new papers too - and I love how unique this one looks.  Again it has the same 'sideways' Angel Wings - because at the time I thought they were right-side-up LOL!!


Angel Wings on Wood

To make this card I started with the wood slat paper, stamped the sentiment in Craft Black ink and then clear-embossed over it.  Next I die-cut the Angel Wings, Fancy Foliage and tiny flowers and started assembling.  The paper is adhered onto over-sized brown card stock, leaving enough space on the bottom for some gold liquid pearls detailing.

I especially love the rustic look combined with the beautiful angel wings - it's just a bit unexpected :).

Angel Wings - Close-up

Hope you like these too!!



Below are the products used on my two projects:


    







Prize Details Here:
Three winners will be randomly chosen from the comments left on the designer's blogs, and each will receive a $15.00 Gift Certificate which can be used to purchase ODBD Stamps from the ODBD Store.  You'll have until 9:00pm EDT on May 2nd to leave your comments.  Winners will be posted on the ODBD Blog on May 3rd - so of course you'll want to check back to see if you've won!!  Good Luck!!

Designer Blog Links are Here:


 Chris * Grace * Cathy * Julie 

Stacy Dawn * Sandee * Lori * Sabrina 

Lisa * Angie * Wanda  * Audrey (me)



Cards Recipe and Details
  • ODBD Sheltering Angel Stamp
  • ODBD Angel Wings, Ornamental Crosses (tiny flower die), Fancy Foliage and Antique Labels & Border ODBD Custom Dies
  • Spellbinders A2 Filigree and Create and Aster Flower Die
  • ODBD Rustic Beauty Collection Papers

Thank you for stopping by and sharing in the celebration today.  I hope you've found some inspiration and that your day is filled with special blessings.

Hugs!!
Audrey



27 comments:

Angella D. Crockett said...

Audrey, both of your samples are amazingly beautiful!!!! I like the wings this way....it's the view as if you were looking at the back of the angel with the wings folded down. I LOVE your hand-made flowers and the gorgeous little "Audrey" touches......fabulous job on both!! HUGS!!

Dawn said...

ok... you always inspire me... love the Rutic Beauty paper flowers and wings... and like Ang said, all your little "Audrey" touches............amazing!!

Benzi said...

Your angel wing cards are beautiful, Audrey. I love the Rustic Wood paper and it may have to go on my list. :-)

Teri said...

Love the way you did the wings. They ARE versatile and so pretty too. Great job!

Christine Harrop said...

Lovely card samples with these great stamps and dies. Christine

Becky said...

WOW Audrey, both of these are gorgeous. What beautiful details on the first one, love how you did those flowers, and I just love the paper you used for the second one, just awesome! :)

Diane said...

Beautiful, the wood slat one looks like real wood, how gorgeous it would be to hang in a creative room...and the other one is gorgeous as well, and I liked how you did the wings as it gives an entire other way to use them, intended or not!! Both are beautiful!!

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Audrey I love both of your cards soooo much! Your designs always blow me away! And I really like the angel wings this way! Beautiful!!!!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Both of your cards are gorgeous, Audrey! I love all the beautiful little details...your curved dotty flowers, the trailing vines...so pretty!

Greta said...

Wowzer! So creative & beautiful!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Audrey, your creations are so beautiful and stunning!! I adore the first with the dp in your flowers and all the textures!! So elegant and beautiful!! The second looks like a wood plaque!! Gorgeous use of the wings and dies!! You are always such an inspiration my friend!
hugs,
Chris

Grace said...

Audrey you always have the most beautiful samples! I am in love with all the details on the first one... I want to pick it up and feel it! So much texture and beauty!!! Love the way you cut the wings out of dp for the second one! A totally different look and so very creative! I love them both!!!

Marisa said...

Two beauties to showcase that fabulous verse!

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful projects using the new releases Audrey, so many fabulous details!

Sue D said...

I like how you embellish your lovely cards.

Sherry said...

beautiful cards!! love how you used the same things yet made them so different!!

Wanda Cullen said...

Audrey, your talent never ceases to amaze me! I debated between the morning glories and the sheltering angel verse and you've enabled me to put that on the top of my wish list! Love how you've highlighted it in each gorgeous card! Well done my friend!

Karon said...

WOW - stunning creations! Adore those angel wings! TFS

Shelia said...

Both of these are lovely. I especially like the second one! That DP looks like real wood! Love how you stamped the sentiment & embossed it. Beautiful details & layout.

Sabrina aka okimom2girlz said...

Audrey, my sweet sweet friend, you outdid yourself with these absolutely breathtaking creations! I am totally in love with both of them and cannot choose a favorite! WOW, so gorgeous!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Regena said...

love those daises!!

Saints Rule! said...

Amazing use of dies and layering! Breathtaking indeed... I wish I had a smidgeon of your creativity my friend!

Lynn said...

Amazing job! So much work went
into these! Such creative ideas, too.
Thanks for sharing!

Stacy aka Twinshappy on SCS said...

so very creative and beautiful. you are making me wish i got the designer paper. love the details with the flowers and flourishes. just beautiful.

Cathymac said...

WOWZERS! All of your Audrey touches have combined to create two gorgeous release projects! I keep studying all of the amazing details on your first card…shimmer, beautifully crafted flowers, bling, and the placement of the angel wings…like everyone else, I love them this way! The second card, more rustic, but equally gorgeous, is stunning! Love the wings cut from the DP! Beautifully done, my friend! Hugs!

wannabcre8tive said...

Beautiful cards, I love those wings and the Irish Blessing. You did a wonderful job adding your embellishments.

Kelley said...

Beautiful cards!!!! Love all the details!!!