Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Welcome to ODBD's April Release!

Hello friends and stampers - hope all is well!!  I'm here today to share a couple of samples using some of ODBD's new April Release stamps/dies and papers.  Spring is in the air here in Virginia and it's a wonderful time for a New Release Celebration - I hope you can join us!!  You'll absolutely love all the beautiful stamps and dies in this month's release, and if you're like me you'll LOVE the paper collection too.

So - Thank you for stopping by - hope you enjoy what you see today!!

Both my cards feature The Cross stamp set, Ornamental Crosses Die set, and the Christian Faith Collections Papers.  The Cross collection is only one theme included this month - there is much more to the April Release as you'll see by the other Designer's creations!!

For God so Loved the World - Close-up

To make this card I started with the papers.  I love the colors in this collection and chose the purples for my first project - love the background with the light of the lantern shining through.  So so pretty in real life!! Next I selected the dies and layout, then went to work on all the fun details. The verse was stamped, the word Loved and Son is outlined in crystal effects then that heart panel was die-cut.  The background Heart, Crosses and main panels were all cut/die-cut as well, and then I started playing with the perfect little Flower die that's included in the Crosses set.  I just love this little die - all these fun little flowers were made using it.

Below is a photo of the full card:

For God so Loved the World

Final touches were with the bow, die-cut flourishes and liquid pearl flower centers.  My next card is made using the same new stamps, dies and paper collection only this time I combined some blues with the purples.


Let me Rest in the shelter of the Cross

First I die-cut the background panel creating a frame using the large Cross die.  Next I die-cut the cross in a second paper/color and layered two additional crosses one over the other.  I stamped and cut the tag, added the ribbon, adhered the background papers then mounted each of the layers and crosses using tiny foam tape rounds.  Final step was to add the liquid pearl embellishment around the Cross Frame.  I love the dimension and layers on this one!!

Here's a close-up that shows that detail a bit better:

Let me Rest in the shelter of the Cross - Close-up


Below are all the stamps, dies and papers used in today's projects:

    

    
 

Note that there will be prizes too!!!
Three winners will be randomly chosen from the comments left on the Designers blogs!!  Each will receive a $15.00 Gift Certificate to be used toward the purchase of Stamps at the ODBD Store. You'll have until April 2nd 2014 at 9:00pm EDT to leave your comments!!  The winners will be posed on the ODBD Blog on April 3rd - so be sure to check back to see if you've Won!!!


Below are links to my sister Designers - I hope you enjoy your visits to their Blogs!!  (I know you will :)!!!

Chris * Sandee * Grace * Stacy * Dawn * Julie

Lori * Cathy * Sabrina * Silke * Wanda

Angie * Audrey(you are here) * Lisa 




Card Recipe and Details:



I hope you had fun with us today, that you were inspired by all the wonderful stamps and dies, and that you have a blessed rest of your day!!!

Hugs and blessings!
Audrey



38 comments:

Angella D. Crockett said...

Oh....my....goodness!!! Your creativity absolutely blows me away!!!! Both designs are amazing, but I have to say that my fave part is the flowers on the cross on the first....what a fab idea!!! Thank you for your constant inspiration!!!! HUGS!!

Dawn said...

*sigh*....gorgeous creations, Audrey!! I just love the flowers on the first, the embossed verse...total design! both are beautful samples.......you inspire me!

Becky said...

These are gorgeous!

grandmato20 said...

Very pretty cards :)

JKB said...

WOW! Such beautiful cards.

DebR said...

Both cards are gorgeous! Beautiful colors and details.

One Scrappy Gal said...

What sweet cards. I love the John 3:16 in a heart!

Leanne said...

Beautiful cards. Love the cross die.

Regena said...

Great cards!!

Grace said...

Audrey you always blow me away and you sure did so on this one!!! LOVE all the little flowers you placed on the cross!!! The other details are perfect too! LOVE the window layout of the second one! So clever and beautifully done!!! GORGEOUS!!!!
hugs,
Grace

Saints Rule! said...

Amazing! Just scrape my jaw up off the floor amazing! Love all the use of dies and layers! And how you have made those beautiful papers sing!

Wanda Cullen said...

Wow, Audrey, I'm in awe of that beautiful flower-adorned cross! Your attention to detail is always impeccable and these are both drop dead gorgeous creations!

Rose said...

Great cards. The first if my favorite as I am a little partial to purple.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wowzer Audrey!! I just love your creativity!! Your creations never cease to inspire. I love both of your creations but the first is my fave with the heart, the flowers on the cross and that gorgeous use of dp!! Stunning work!!
hugs,
Chris

Lisa Somerville said...

Lovely cards Audrey, wonderful way to showcase the new ODBD Custom Dies, stamps and papers! So many fabulous details!

Sue D said...

Lovely--I like the colors and dimension.

Heather said...

Gorgeous!! I love the way you used the cross dies. Both cards are so unique and really show off how versatile the dies can be.

Jean Bullock said...

Fantastic cards and I love the creative coloring. Well done.

Silke Ledlow said...

Audrey, these are GORGEOUS! Perfect use of the goodies....love them both! Hugs, ~S~

Stacy aka Twinshappy on SCS said...

Beautiful! Your cross with those tiny flowers is fantastic Audrey! Oh I like the way you used the heart die too. Both of these are beautiful girlie!

Kelly Flaherty said...

The colors are so happy and the cards are so pretty.

Sherry said...

very pretty cards!! love them!!

Karen Schroeder said...

Your cards are gorgeous! Love the new releases!

Pati said...

Wow, lots of details on your cards. I like your use of the heart die!

Papercrafting Princess said...

Oh what details! The cross with flowers remind me of a church in our city that fills their cross on their front lawn with flowers at Easter.

craftymom205 said...

Beautiful cards.

craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

Beth Norman said...

Absolutely stunning. I love your purple card so much. It is so elegant.

Serena said...

Beautiful! Love the colors and that flowered cross!

Conniecrafter said...

The flower die is a beautiful touch to the cross, gorgeous card! Very cool layering of the cross too!

Marsha J Reed said...

Beautiful cards! Love the colors and the designs.

Sabrina aka okimom2girlz said...

Audrey, sweet friend, both of your cards are beyond words gorgeous! They both deserve a frame...so beautiful! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Mrs. GraceWorks said...

I like how you did the cut out on the Shelter of the Cross card!

Karon said...

WOW! Stunning cards. Fabulous die cuts, choice of papers and your placement! Wonderful! TFS

Sparkly Engineer said...

Absolutely loving all the dimension on your cards and that flowered cross is a real winner. We always have a flowered cross at church on Easter Sunday and attached to each flower is a blessing. Every member of the congregation gets one.

Kelley said...

Beautiful cards, Audrey!! Love the cross cut-out, so cool!!

Irish Cherokee said...

Both cards are standouts. Beautifully created masterpieces.

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Both are gorgeous, Audrey! So much detail and beautiful arrangements. The flowers on top of the cross are beautiful and I love the cross cut out on your second.

Laurie HIMCR said...

Oh my! These are beautiful! Such intricate details! gorgeous!

Hiding in My Craft Room
~Laurie