Saturday, March 1, 2014

Welcome to ODBD's March Release!!

Hello friends and stampers - hope everyone is doing well and staying warm!!!

Welcome to ODBD's March Release.  It's another amazing selection of stamps and coordinating dies that are beautiful and versatile.  My projects feature only a few of the newest stamps and dies - you'll want to stop by my sister designer's blogs to take in all the beauty of this month's release!!!

And as always there will be prizes - see details further down in this post.

My projects today use the new Bee Balm stamp along with the new Hummingbird stamp and Die.

All things Grow with Love

To make this card I stamped the Bee Balm image in Crumb Cake ink, colored the image using Copics and pencils, then die-cut and sponged the panel.  The card base was made using two die-cut panels with a score-line and score-tape at the top.  The frame layer was stamped in the Gingham background stamp, then clear-embossed for added dimension and interest.  Last steps were to stamp and die-cut the tag, add the bow and assemble!!

Here's another view:

All things Grow with Love Alt View


My second card is a Bookmark and features the Bee Balm and Hummingbird images and Die along with the Heart and Soul papers!!

Bee Balm & Hummingbird - It's the Simple Things

The first step in making this card/bookmark was to die-cut the bookmarks.  The Bee Balm image is stamped in Crumb Cake, then colored using Copic markers and pencils.  The quote was stamped over the image before it was colored.  The Fuschia flowers at the top of the image panel were delicately cut from the Heart and Soul papers - those same papers are used on the background panel.  The hummingbird is colored using Copics and Spica Glitter pens - that little bird is iridescent in real life - it's so cool!

After the coloring was complete I added the pearl and gem flourish, popped the bookmarks, and then added the ribbon/bow treatment.  This was fun - I've never made a bookmark before :)!!

Here's another view:

Bee Balm & Hummingbird Closeup



Below are the stamps and dies used for today's projects:

        

          

     




Prize Details:
Three winners will be randomly chosen from comments left on the designer's blogs, each to receive a $25.00 Gift Certificate good toward stamps from the ODBD Store.  You'll have until 9:00pm EST on March 2nd to make your comments!!  Winners will be posted on the ODBD Blog on March 3rd - so be sure to check back to see if you've won!  Good Luck!!

Below are links to the designer's Blogs:

 Stacy * Grace * Chris * Dawn

Julie * Sabrina * Cathy * Lori * Sandee

Wanda * Audrey(me) * Silke * Angie * Lisa




Card Recipe and Details:

Thank you so much for stopping by for a visit today.  I love all your sweet comments - you lift my heart and make me smile :)!!!!

Hugs and Blessings,

Audrey







42 comments:

Sandee Shanabrough said...

OMGOODNESS! Audrey I love these! Your design and colors on the first card are gorgeous! LOVE the gingham background in combination with this release! And the bookmark is so fun and beautiful!!!!

Grace said...

Audrey... you always blow me away with your talent!!! Your layout on the top card is so beautiful and I love how you colored the bee balm! Love the little heart on the bow! Your bookmark just melts my heart!!! All the details are just perfect!!!
hugs,
Grace

Gina Ables said...

Great card and bookmarker. I love the green and white chevron, the shading and the dies used to create the first card. The bookmarker would definitely make a great gift.

Anita Braddock said...

Sunning card and tag love the choice of colors and the layering is perfect. love love your tag simply stunning love the added bling it adds that wow factor. thanks for sharing

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh my dear friend, where do I begin sharing what I love about your creations!! EVERYTHING. Wowzer Audrey, you never cease to amaze me with your incredible coloring and designs!! I so love your addition of the fuscia's to your bookmark as well as the layered designs. Your choice of dp and dies to frame your card as well as your coloring of the first is over the top gorgeous!
hugs,
Chris

Irish Cherokee said...

Love the card but that book mark stopped me cold. Both are "shut the door" beautiful. The book mark however is stop, look and listen beautiful. Way to go.

Patty said...

Wow Audrey...both these creations are stunning!! The all things grow card is just brilliantly pretty with two bright colors against the crisp white frame!!

craftymom205 said...

Beautiful projects.

craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

These are beautiful, Audrey! Love your colors and die cuts on the first and your bookmark is fabulous!

Sparkly Engineer said...

Both your projects are outstanding. I could never choose a fav betweent them

Betty said...

Just beautiful! Love the color combos! Thanks for sharing!

Karen said...

Great colors. Your hummingbird looks so real. The chevron paper is terrific as a background.
Karen L 1020 at gmail dot com

Marisa said...

Gorgeous card! Love the chevrons and you have used one of my favorite color combos of green and pink. Beautifully framed too! A stunner. Darling bookmark too :)

Sabrina aka okimom2girlz said...

Audrey, sweet friend, your project for this release are absolutely stunning! Love both of them and if I were the recipient of either one of them , I'd frame them.....gorgeous! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Audrey, these are amazing release creations! You always wow me with your beautiful work and creativity! I love the colors you've used for the Bee Balm Flower and the gorgeous dies, papers, and ribbon with the tag! I especially love how you've added that sweet little heart with the pearl! And the card/bookmark is such a gift to be cherished! The beautiful images are all wonderfully colored, and I love all the perfectly placed embellishments! Truly gorgeous! Love it all, precious friend! Hugs!

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful projects Audrey! Love the way you framed the beautifully colored Bee Balm!

Serena said...

Beautiful card! Absolutely gorgeous bookmark!

Shelia said...

oh these are both so very pretty. I really like the delicate look of the card. That bookmark is absolutely gorgeous!

Sue D said...

Beautiful colors on both!

Dawn said...

Audrey...I'm gasping for air here! Wowzers... both are just gorgeous! I LOVE the first one, beautiful design and colors too! love the Gingham BG embossed too!

DebR said...

Love both of your gorgeous cards!

McStamper said...

Always like to see tag and bookmark ideas. Yours is beautiful. Thanks for the inspiration.

Sonia said...

I love both of your projects! What a fabulous card and the book mark is stunning!

Stacy aka Twinshappy on SCS said...

GASP!!! Oh girl you can rock anything I tell you! Okay first one is GORGEOUS! Love the window frame with the square shape, beautiful colors. The bookmark is wow... oh wow would hate to use it but I will, please mail to me asap. :-) Kidding ofcourse, but the elements of the flowers, hummingbird and jewels is PERFECT. You rocked it again sweet friend.

TLady said...

Well Audrey!!!!! I came to your blog & started to scroll down & caught a glimpse of your first card----I GASPED!!!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!!!!! HOW ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOOOOOOOOOVE ALL of the details you did--the checkerboard embossing...the colors.... the printed paper....JUST GORGEOUS & the way you made a window & how the inserted die looks inside....OH MY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AND if this is your first bookmark? MAKE MORE & SEND ONE TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL IT'S GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!! I WOULD BE THE ENVY OF ALLLLL!!!!!!!!!! I can ONLY IMAGINE just how GORGEOUS it is in REAL LIFE---that little bird looking iredescent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Rose said...

These projects are STUNNING!!!! The bookmark is beyond beautiful. You are so talented. LOVE THESE!

Mrs. GraceWorks said...

Oh my! I love the card. The colors, the embellishments, the gorgeous dies... just LOVELY, and the bookmark, too!!

Tricia

Cards By Betty said...

I love your first card so much love the chevron background and the die cuts that frame the bee balm and the coloring is great the second one as a book mark the hummers are also great

Cards By Jan said...

Wow Audrey....So VERY pretty, both the card and your gorgeous BM...So Awesome, I love the lil hummingbird, he sits very well on your bookmark, looking so very pretty and pert!!
awesome job!!

Jean Bullock said...

I love the elegant shadow box effect you achieved with the card and the bookmark is spectacular.

Conniecrafter said...

Oh wow they are both just stunning, such pretty coloring and I love the tag to go with your flowers in the first and the detail in that bookmark is just lovely, sure to be a treasure for the receiver!

Karon said...

Audrey, your creations are stunning. Loving all the die cuts and the bookmark with the humming bird is absolutely gorgeous! TFS

Kelley said...

Wow, Audrey, that's a lot of ODBD on your gorgeous products!! I love the tag, it is so beautiful! Wonderful!!

Graciellie CH said...

That is a wonderful, elegant card! And that bookmark! Oh, I would be so happy if someone gave a bookmark like that! Just beautiful. Both your projects look so well done, perfect!

Wanda Cullen said...

Thud!! Let me get my jaw up off the ground! These are both over the top gorgeous! LOVE the crispness of the green and white with little pop of pink! That bookmark is full of amazing details! You rock! :-)

Christine said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love the sweet color scheme of your card and the tag is darling. Your bookmark deserves a frame!!!

Becky said...

Audrey, WOW! What beauties these are...I love that color scheme on the card and the design is fabulous. Now for that bookmark, I can send you my address for that one....gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous!

Emily said...

Oh my goodness, these are gorgeous! I love the pink/green combo and that tiny tag on the card. Bookmarks always make lovely gifts...and that one would be a real treasure!

Linda Carson said...

Wow Audrey! Both of these are absolutely exquisite! Love your design, coloring, textures, bling and I like them too!!

Cathymac said...

WOW, Audrey…gorgeous bookmark and card! Love the chevrons with the bee balm, and of course your coloring is over the top! Beautiful attention to detail on both, my friend! Hugs!

Saints Rule! said...

Beautiful!

Pamela Haskin said...

Such pretty cards! Love all the yellow. Makes me feel Spring coming on.