Monday, March 17, 2014

Happy 6th Anniversary to Our Daily Bread Designs!!!!

A happy hello to all my friends and stampers - today is a special day...

Please join us in our Happy Anniversary Celebration
at Our Daily Bread Designs!!!
 

Today marks 6 years that Kelley and Rick and the ODBD Team have been creating amazing stamps, dies and now coordinating papers too. I've been designing for ODBD in different capacities for going on 2 years now and can tell you it's an honor and a pleasure to work with them!!  And the Design Team is equally as amazing!!!

Each year Kelley asks the Design Team to submit a favorite Scripture, Quote or Sentiment - one that is new to ODBD, and then Kelley and her team turn each of our submissions into a beautiful Stamp.  There is something so special in seeing a Scripture or quote go from text on a page to a stamp - in beautiful fonts, highlighting just the words that mean the most - and then to a card or project that can be shared with others.  This is my second time participating in this event - and it's one of my favorite times of the year :)!!!!!!

As with all ODBD Celebrations - There are PRIZES:
Three winners will be randomly chose from the comments left on designers blogs to receive a $25.00 Gift Certificate good toward ODBD Stamps from the ODBD Store.  Plus ONE lucky commenter will be randomly chosen to win the ENTIRE 2014 Anniversary Bundle!!  Very cool!!  You'll have until 9:00pm EDT on March 18th, 2014 to leave your comments.  Winners will be posted on the ODBD Blog on March 19th - to be sure to check back to see if you've won!!

On to my projects - both feature Psalm 28:7 from the new ODBD Scriptures 13 collection:

Psalm 28:7 in Clovers - Close-up

My first card also features ODBD's Blooming Garden Paper Collection released earlier this month, as well as two ODBD Custom Dies.  To make this card I started with the beautiful paper stack -  I love the purples and greens in these papers.  I used one piece for the background, then die-cut a second piece to get the perfectly coordinated clovers and corner/border elements.  Then I stamped and die-cut the main panels, sponged some color along the border, added a bow, a few random pearls, and some little punched flowers around the clovers.  All but the purple layers were made using the Blooming Garden papers.

Here's a view of the full card:

Psalm 28:7 in Clovers

My second card features the same verse and different papers from the same Blooming Garden Paper Collection, along with the ODBD's Sing to the Lord bird - colored to resemble a Gold Finch.


Psalm 28:7 with Gold Finch - Close-up

To make this one I started by stamping the verse on white card stock, then die-cutting and layering the papers.  Then I stamped, colored and delicately cut out the bird and dogwood flowers.  The flowers have mini gold beads added to the centers, and the bird's eye was dotted first with black liquid pearls then with a teeny-tiny dot of white where the natural reflection might be.  Last steps were to add liquid pearls around each of the layers, adhere the bird and flowers, then add the bow.

Here's the full view:

Psalm 28:7 with Gold Finch

I love all the verses in this Scripture Collection 13 - although I only used one for this post I cannot wait to ink up the rest :)!!!  Hope you like them too.


Below are the stamps, dies and papers that were used on these projects:

  

    



Here are links to my fellow Designer's Blogs:


Julie * Wanda Chris * Stacy * Lisa

Grace Dawn * Diana * Sandee * Sabrina

Silke Cathy * Angie * Linda * Lori Cheryl Audrey (Me)




Card Recipe and Details:


Thank you for stopping by and for joining in our Celebration!!  I hope you found some inspiration here and that you were or are able to take some time to enjoy what all the other Designers have shared.

Happy 6th Anniversary ODBD!!!

Hugs and Blessings,
Audrey

83 comments:

Karen W said...

Gorgeous creations, I love all the color in these and of course the sayings are perfect.

CherylQuilts said...

Audrey, these are gorgeous, and you continue to inspire me with each card you make! And I LOVE the Scripture verse you chose! Hugs, sweet friend!

Liz Williams said...

That set with the bird was the first set I ever purchased from ODBD. Love how you used it on your lovely card. Congratulations on the success of ODBD and this glorious anniversary. I love their stuff!

Lagene said...

Gorgeous cards! I especially loved the first card with the yellow and lavender color combo!

Angella D. Crockett said...

Wow, wow, wow!!! Both are absolutely amazing!! I love the scripture you chose and how you framed it, plus the extra embellishing with the little flowers and corner dies is so creative and beautiful! The second, with the perfectly colored finch, fussy cutting, and liquid pearls......totally yummy!!!! Fabulous cards, GF!!! HUGS!!

Becky said...

wow, these are awesome! Awesome design and coloring. Wonderful verse.

Grace said...

Oh gasp Audrey... as always, you have blown me away!!! I love how you used the dp on the top one... love that the sentiment is stamped on the dp and the cut out clover as decoration! Your details are always amazing, and these are no exceptions! Love the use of my favorite Sing to the Lord bird on the second and how you colored it!!! Gorgeous!!!!
hugs,
Grace

Leanne said...

Both extremely gorgeous.

Dawn said...

Audrey... I just can't stop looking and drooling over BOTH your gorgeous samples! Design, colors, the goldfinch!! oh my! Fabulous samples for this special anniversary release!!
ok...back to drool some more!

Lisa Somerville said...

Just stunning Audrey, so many fabulous details!

Becky said...

Fabulous designs Audrey....love them and am so envious of your creativity!

brenda trimmer said...

love them both! I like the clover on the first one. The bird singing his song is a cute touch on the second one!

grandmato19 said...

Your coloring and layering on both cards is simply amazing - such beauty :)

Robin Clendenning said...

Your cards are so beautiful!! Love the way you combined the papers, so gorgeous! I especially love the last one with the bird on top!!! It is so beautifully done! So lovely my friend!

Anita Braddock said...

Stunning cards love the layering and the colors go so perfect together. the details are perfect. thanks for sharing

Sue D said...

Beautiful cards--love the bird on the second one.

Candy Meyers said...

These are great cards and full of wonderful ideas. Love them both.
Candy Meyers

Sherry said...

gorgeous!!!! love the scripture, colors and layering!!!!

Sabrina aka okimom2girlz said...

GASP.......thuddd, Audrey, my friend, you have outdone yourself on both of these stunning creations! WOW, where to begin? You have added so many wonderful details....both of them are amazing! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Cathymac said...

Both card creations are exquisite, Audrey! I always love looking at the many intricate details you include on your designs. The popped up dimension and layered textures are simply stunning! Hugs!

Marisa said...

Beautiful creations as always :) Love the first one.

Helen said...

Beautiful !

Wanda Cullen said...

Wow, wow, wow! You have so many amazing details going on...love them both!

Catherine Kraft said...

Audrey, what gorgeous cards! There are a several new sentiments that I absolutely love but one of my favorites is the scripture you used. Especially love the colors in the first card.

Blessings~
Catherine

TLady said...

OH MY AUDREY!!!!!!!!!!!! BOTH of your cards are GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!! I can SEE all the work you've put in on these!!!!!!!!! JUST GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!! :) WONDERFUL COLORS!!!!!! sigh! WONDERFULLY DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Both are gorgeous, Audrey! Love the die cut clover & corner elements on the first and your sweet bird & flowers on the second are lovely.

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Audrey I am in awe of your fabulous cards today and always! The scripture you chose is awesome! Your first card is really beautiful with all the clover and little flowers! Wow!!! But that second card is beyond amazing! I can't stop looking at it! Oh my WOW!!!

Mom-Mom Gail said...

The time you took on the card was well worth it! Beautiful!

Angelic said...

Beautiful cards, I love the colors.

dclouser said...

You are an artist extraordinaire! Beautiful use of colors and shading on these 2 gorgeous cards!

Sydney Couch said...

I really, really love the way you used color on the first card. I wish I could do that!

DebR said...

Such beautiful cards! Really like the colors and the details.

flowergirl said...

Wow!! so beautiful

Lori said...

your cards are lovely. thanks for inspiring and for sharing.

April said...

Gorgeous cards! Great job! I love the verse too.

Dottie said...

WEll, these cards knocked my socks off they are so awesome! I love the paper on both, the bird and flowers a lot on the second. These are just plain oozing with style!

Kristy Tyra said...

Very beautiful and full of detail! Thank you for inspiring us!

Janis said...

LOVE the colors you used. What pretty cards and what a wonderful verse!!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Myamical said...

Such beautiful cards. I admire you ladies.

Debby said...

What beautiful designs! I loved your color choices and sentiments.

Heather said...

Beautiful!! I love all the depth and texture you created with dies and such on both. I just want to touch them both!

joy said...

Your cards are so pretty. I love the little birdie one - it reminds me how they trust their heavenly creator for their food - your sentiment fits perfectly!

Patty said...

Beautiful cards! I've always liked purple and green together, but I also really like the colors on your second one also!

Silke Ledlow said...

Audrey, both cards are fabulous! I love every detail you have added.....and the colors are perfect too! Hugs ~S~

Paula-Kay Bourland said...

Beautiful cards. Really lovely work.

Donna Oates said...

Lovely, stunning cards. Love the sentiment you chose as well. The bird is particularly eye-catching!

Carol<>< said...

wow, great cards, you must have one steady hand to do such a great job with liquid pearls...beautiful!
Carol N<><

Marianne Barkman said...

STUNNING CARDS!!!! Audrey. Thank you for sharing your talent!

Indian River Stamper said...

Beautiful cards Audrey. You have given us a wonderful gift with your creative style. Blessings!

Debbie Caldwell said...

Love love love this scripture, it is beautiful and just gorgeous on your stunning cards.

Stacy aka Twinshappy on SCS said...

Audrey these are so pretty. Lots of detail and layers, wonderful creations.

Graciellie CH said...

I love how you worked with these papers! Both your cards are beautiful... Thanks for sharing and for a chance to win!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Audrey, both of your cards are gorgeous!! I so love your coloring of the beautiful images, your layering and your use of the designer paper. Your creations are always such an inspiration, these are no exception my friend! Love the scripture!!
hugs,
Chris

Ann Mcclenaghan said...

Both of your cards are very pretty. I love the lovely paper and colors and the verse is perfect.

wendy2512 said...

OH so gorgeous and a wonderful nature feel. Lovely colors and coloring with the gorgoeus papers...I have trouble with them and again a super display of the shamrock...yep going to get the dust off mine and try it again...TFS...:0)

Ann said...

Lovt of beautiful details to your cards. The new releases finish them perfectly.

Kelly Flaherty said...

The goldfinch is so appropriate - a wonderful sign of spring - hope, joy, sunshine and happiness - just like the sentiments and your cards!

gwen said...

Both cards are stunning, love the rich colors !!!

Shelia said...

I love the Bible verse on these two cards!! Makes me feel so joyful and blessed. Love how you highlighted the verse with all the details and beautiful design!

Lori said...

Great cards Audrey! I tried to see them earlier and just got a blank box with the red X in it. Got the same thing when I went to the ODBD blog. I think my pc had some issues as all is working fine now. Thank you for sharing your beautiful cards. Hugs Lori

craftymom205 said...

Lovely cards.

craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

JoAnn said...

Beautiful cards and wonderful scripture verses.

Kathy Janicki www.sassystamper.blogspot.com said...

LOVE the 'pops' of yellow on the finch card.

Carolyn said...

Your cards are just stunning! I love all the detail work you did on them.

Melody (lacyquilter) said...

Your cards are gorgeous.

Carole Hodgins said...

Very beautiful thanks so much for sharing

Pati said...

Pretty card! Lovely yellow bird & cool layering of the die cuts using the patterned paper!

Bernadette Roberto Shisler said...

What beautiful cards! And what meticulous work you did to the flowers! Thanks for doing this for us!

Luana said...

Very pretty card...so eye catching!

SarahGeorge said...

Pretty cards! Love how you've put together each element. And the scripture is a beautiful one!

Tammy Pope said...

I am amazed by what you do with papers. So gorgeous. I love the greens and purples too, and your coloring on the songbird is fabulous!

Alison H said...

Glorious! Two totally different looks with the same sentiment. I do like this scripture and the varied looks you have given are amazing!

Jo Ann Usey said...

Both cards are so amazing! The rich, vibrant colors, the terrific layering and wonderful embellishments really highlight this wonderful testament!

patsking said...

love the coloring

Karon said...

Oh my goodness, wow!! These are stunning - fablous layers, colours and images! TFS

Betty said...

So much to look at and each element so lovely. Great job in showcasing the sentiment.

Lucy said...

Your cards are lovely! The bold colors are so appealing, especially after the winter we've had!

Sarah said...

pretty, Sarah

Dorothy S said...

How pretty - both cards are stunning but I especially like the subtle bg behind the sentient on the top card. Thanks so much for sharing your talent.

Rachel S. said...

Beautiful cards, love the colors and the sentiments. I would love to receive a card from you :)

Linda Carson said...

Audrey, both cards are stunning beauties! Just love your scripture and how you so creatively framed it using the ODBD papers! Outstanding!

Saints Rule! said...

So pretty! Love all the details and how you framed each sentiment! The fussy cutting must have taken forever! But so worth the view....

Kelley said...

Both cards are so beautiful!! Thanks so much for sending to me!