Saturday, February 1, 2014

Welcome to ODBD's February Release!!

Hi Everyone!!  We have snow!!!  Only 6-8 inches and it'll be melting this weekend, but it was enough to take a snow-day and have a little fun with the dogs and hubby :).

It's February 1st, and that means a New Release at ODBD!!  And if you like hearts then you'll love this month's release.  I am truly amazed at ALL of this month's creations by the DT - I hope you'll have time to check them out - you'll be glad you did.

And of course there will be PRIZES!!!
Three winners will be randomly chosen from the comments left on Designer's Blogs!!  Each will receive a $25.00 Gift Certificate to be used toward the purchase of ODBD Stamps from the ODBD Store.  To qualify your comments must be posted by February 2, 2013.  Winners will be posted on the ODBD Blog on February 3rd - so be sure to check back there to see if you won.

Both of my new release projects use the same Stamps and Dies - ODBD's Ornate Hearts and Beautiful Borders Custom Dies and Be Mine Stampset and one features the new Heart and Soul papers collection!  I also have a couple of projects using the new Flourish Heart stamp.  There's so much more to this release as well - all of which you can see when you visit the other designer's blogs and on the ODBD blog!!

To make my first card I die-cut the large/background hearts using the new Heart and Soul papers collection, die-cut the Beautiful Borders, stamped and Die-cut the Apothecary bottle and stamped/die cut the valentine hearts.  I used markers to color the cork on the bottle, and various colors of ink sponged on the little hearts to bring them to life.  I also die-cut and arranged flourishes and leaves from the Fancy Foliage custom die set AND added a little die-cut bow using the Circle Ornaments custom die set!!

Be Mine Closeup
The really cool part on this card is barely visible - and that is the Acetate overlay on the Apothecary bottle!!  I die-cut the medium weight Acetate, then carefully trimmed along the top of the bottle, then placed that OVER the fun little hearts - carefully adhering along the bottom with super thin cut sticky-strip tape and a glue-dot under the bow at the top.  If you look closely you can see it in the closeup above.  It's pretty cool IRL :).


Be Mine



This next card came together so quickly!  I die-cut the Ornate Hearts and Beautiful Borders Custom Dies, stamped the 'Love U' from Be Mine, played with the arrangement, added the bottom panels and ribbon then assembled everything.  Once that was done I added a little flourish to the top using the Fancy Foliage flourish.  Easy peasy :).

Love U
Here's a closeup view so you can see all the details even better :)!!

Love U Closeup :)

Here are a couple of other projects that were posted as early Sneak-Peeks in case you didn't get to see them before:



All the stamps and dies used for these projects are below:













Below are links to all the Designer's Blogs:

Stacy * Dawn * Grace * Chris * Cathy

Sandee * Julie * Sabrina * Lori * Wanda

Lisa * Silke * Audrey(Me) * Angie


Thank you for stopping by - and for joining all of us at ODBD in celebrating this months New Release.  I hope you had a GREAT time and that you were inspired.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs and Blessings!

Audrey

48 comments:

Grace said...

Audrey you always blow me away with your creative take on things! LOVE the way you used the dp with the hearts inside the heart die on the first one!!! The acetate on the jar is a neat touch! I love using it on the jars as it seems to pop out the contents even more vividly and makes the jar look so real!!! Great design on the second card... such pretty details, and your sneak peeks are gorgeous too!!! LOVE the cascading hearts one!!! Sooooo special!!!

Glad you got to have a little snow day and fun with hubby and dogs!
hugs,
Grace

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

Truly wonderful creations! Thanks so much for sharing your brilliance!

Angella D. Crockett said...

I am absolutely blown away with all of the gorgeous details on each and every project! I love your creative mind and how you think outside the box with these stamps and dies! You inspire me!!! I'm going to go now and stare at all of your details now.....if I'm lucky, I might absorb a little skill! :) HUGS!! Enjoy your snow!!

DebR said...

These are so beautiful and lovely! Love the heart candies.

TLady said...

OH AUDREY! I NOTICED your FIRST CARD right off the bat with all the COLORS!!!!!!!!!!!:) LOVE those Conversation Hearts!!!! :) And you've CREATIVELY placed them in the APOTHACARY BOTTLE!!! FABULOUS IDEA & it just turned out WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!:) Your SECOND CARD, is EQUALLY AS GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!! VERY TRADITIONAL & I LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE IT!!!! (I'm a "traditional" type of girl!) :) I DEFINATELY "NEED" these sets to make my Valentine Supplies COMPLETE! :) Been looking for Stamps & Dies JUST LIKE THIS FOR SOMETIME!!!!!!!!!!!:)

Cheryl said...

Very different looks. I LOVE this set of dies & stamps! On your first card, I LOVE what you did with the apothecary bottle! Very cool idea. The second card is stunning. I love your sneak peeks, too. Put together with these two cards they really show how versatile this set is - not just for weddings or valentine's!

lynda said...

I hope this doesn't post twice. I was writing a comment and the blog disappeared, but found it again. Love the colors on the first card, and the details on all of them! Thank you for sharing! These new stamps and dies are some of my favorites yet from ODBD!

Stacy aka Twinshappy on SCS said...

Audrey I knew you would have the vintage sweet creations I love. Your flourishes on behind the heart is fabulous. The hearts in the jar is totally cute and perfect with the papers. I like the layers of your second heart and it raised up. Fabulous creations sweet friend.

Sue D said...

Wonderful creations--love the jar filled with hearts.

Dawn said...

ok girly... those hearts in the Apothecary Jar are just too dang cute!!!! what a fabulous showcasing of the new papers too!!! ALL your cards are just fantabulous and a treat to behold!!! well done, kiddo!

Sabrina aka okimom2girlz said...

Audrey, girl, I about fell off of my chair when I saw your cards!! WOW, WOW, WOW.......so beautiful, each and every one of them! Whomever will receive these masterpieces will treasure them forever! TFS and inspiring me! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

CherylQuilts said...

Audrey, you are amazing! I saw your earlier sneak peek cards and went THUD! And your release cards are equally as stunning! I just LOVE how you've used the new ODBD papers with the apothecary bottle filled with hearts! So sweet! And the second red and white card is stunning! So beautifully layered with the delicate dies and ribbon! Amazing and so inspiring! Hugs, precious friend!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

These are beautiful, Audrey! Fabulous combo of sets on the first and I love your little jar of hearts. Your red/white is lovely and so striking. Gorgeous projects!

windinstarsranch said...

your little jar full of hearts is so cute!! Inspirational as usual and So pretty/

Barbara said...

Your first card is so sweet and so beautifully colored and put together. Love those little hearts in the jar! All of your beautiful posts today are gorgeous and really showcase this new stamp and die release beautifully. You are an amazing talent Audrey.

grandmato19 said...

Love how you incorporated the candy conversation hearts into the first card--unique and so striking! Thank you for the wonderful inspiration--and now I have more items to add to my wish list! :)

Emily said...

I love all the leaves and flourishes you layered under the heart...that's so pretty!

Robyn said...

scrumptious!

Pati said...

Creative combo of stamp sets & dies!! How fun! I really like the blue/teal/aqua (?) colored card you had made for the sneak-peak!

newfiecrafter(Marilyn) said...

Beautiful cards so much detail and texture . Thanks for sharing

Becky said...

Holey Moley Audrey! Absolutely breathtaking....loving these new releases more and more!!!

Conniecrafter said...

the bottle is too cute filled with all those hearts and like the greenery coming out from around the heart!
the red and white is so pretty, like the polka dot with this style and pretty use of the border dies!

Judy Tuck said...

These are gorgeous, each one. Love the designer paper in the first one, and I loved the sneak peaks as soon as I saw them. Beautiful.

Judy Tuck

Anita Braddock said...

Beautiful, Gorgeous. Love everyone of your cards love the layering and the colors the blending of your colors for the hearts are perfect. love the hearts in the jar cool Idea. love the details of the dies and the stamps are super. thanks for sharing

Sherry said...

love your cards!!! sooo pretty!!!1

Wanda Cullen said...

Wow, wow, wow, Audrey, these cards are stunning as always! Especially love your creative heart-filled jar with acetate...just too cool! That was so wild how you got all that snow in the Tidewater area and we barely got 2 inches here in the Valley! Better thee than me - lol! Have a great w/e!

Kelly Flaherty said...

Very lovely cards and the colors are just perfect!

Sue A said...

Beautiful cards! That colorful one from the sneak peak is my favorite, but they are stunning.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What stunning designs Audrey!! Your creations are always such an inspiration to me. Love the red and white with all the textures on the second and the creative design with the hearts and the apothecary jar on the first!! I LOVE them both!!
hugs,
Chris
Have a great weekend!!

Kelley said...

Audrey, holy smokes, these are awesome!! The conversation heart bottle is so creative! Your red card is gorgeous!!

Jean Bullock said...

Fantastic and I love the previous sneak peaks too. Glad you posted them. I especially love how you sponged the color on the little sweetheart hearts. Wonderful idea!

Lucy said...

Wow-these cards are all so fabulous! I love the conversation hearts!

McStamper said...

Love your cards. The colorful valentine is so cute.

Cathymac said...

WOWSERS, Audrey…talk about stunning! Each release project is a work of art! Love the bold colors and design on the jar of hearts project, and the red and white card is so elegant! Your sneak peek creations are equally gorgeous! You always amaze me with your creativity! Hugs, my friend!

Mary Babet said...

Wowza! Gorgeous cards and love your designs and layout. The one with all the hearts is so adorable and creative. Love the red and white heart card. It is stunning! You always have such pretty and intracate designs.

Leanne said...

Extremely creative!

Gina Ables said...

These and the sneak a peek cards are beautiful. I think the candy jar is soooo cute. You did a fabulous job on all. Thanks for sharing.

Ann Mcclenaghan said...

Very sweet candy in apothecary jar. Like how you used the acetate. The 2nd is just lovely with the beautiful die cuts and simple red and white. The third is so pretty in that pastel color and the fourth is layered so lovely and pretty colors.

Shelia said...

What fun cards!! I love them all, especially the first one with the jar full of candy conversation hearts!! Too fun!!

kathy said...

Oh my, such delightful samples. I love the way you stepped out of the box.

Karon said...

WOW - Audrey, these creations are stunning. The top one is my fav, so much depth of colour and loving all the die cuts! Wonderful, have a fabulous week.

Linda Carson said...

I'm in awe of these exquisite beauties! Your creative talent knows no bounds! Each one is absolutely picture perfect!

Graciellie CH said...

This is the most beautiful release! Wish I could win it!

gracielliedesign.blogspot.com

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful projects Audrey! Love the combination of ODBD stamps/dies on your first card, your second card is very striking!

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Oh Audrey! I see it! I love the acetate idea! Very creative! And your little heart candies in the bottle are so cute!!! And your red and white card is so elegant and gorgeous!

Saints Rule! said...

Beautiful projects Audrey!

Silke Ledlow said...

Holy smokes Audrey...look at all these fabulous samples! So cool how you combined all these different sets with this new release!

Becky said...

wow, what fabulous samples.