Thursday, January 23, 2014

I Adore You - ODBD February Sneak Peak!!

Hello everyone - hope all is well!!  I've been able to rearrange and re-prioritize my life a bit to make room for my favorite hobby - stamping!!  And with that was able to play in my stamp-room this weekend.  Below are a couple of cards that were made using some stamps and dies from ODBD's New and not yet released February stamp and die sets.

Hearts are always a favorite so when I saw this month's release I knew it was going to be good :). Both of my projects are also in celebration of recent Featured Stampers on SCS.  More details about that are noted below.

This first card was created based on inspiration from a very special friend on SCS, whom I've had the honor and pleasure of visiting with on a few occasions.  I missed her special day but I know she understands - I'm just a tad bit late to her party :).  Her name is Roberta aka Stampin' Nana on SCS - and she is one of the sweetest and most talented stampers I know.  Here is a link to her beautiful creation:  Circles Everywhere

Hearts Everywhere

Here are two Other Views
I started with 5 hearts and planned to line them up along the left side similarly to the circles on Roberta's card, but because they're three-dimensional and not able to be stamped, the design just wasn't turning out how I'd imagined!!  I learned long ago to go with the creative flow and not to force things - so that's what I did.  I love how the hearts look like they're overflowing - it's so perfect for this wonderful verse.

To make this I started with the die-cut card base and layers, embossing the back layer before adhering everything together. Then I randomly stamped the larger single Heart image, die-cut the smaller hearts, and outlined everything using a Golf Leaf Pen.

The hearts were sort-of sculpted using a med-large stylus, to give them shape and depth. The last step was to mount all the hearts - after playing with the design a bit I just went for it - using tall round foam dots and extra glue.  This card was so fun - I hope it inspires you in some way!!

Thank you Roberta for your wonderful inspiration - I love you my friend!!!


My next card uses the same New stamp and dies - and is also for a Featured Stamper on SCS, only a more recent one!!  This card is in celebration of last week's FS - Tina DeLong aka Garden Diva. Her gallery is such an inspiration and I enjoyed looking at all her amazing designs.  Here is a link to her beautiful creation Valentine Hugs

Tina's card was the perfect inspiration for me. I kept to the monochromatic look and the same shape, used a similar ribbon/tag placement, also used gingham, but again the creative process took me in a different direction with respect to some of the background elements.

I Adore You 
To make this one I stamped the large Heart on white cardstock, then die-cut that layer, then die-cut the outline heart and put the two 'back' together again.  I stamped the Gingham background, added the ribbon - wrapping it twice - then made it into a bow and added the tag.  The last steps were to add the pearl flourishes and the punched border detailing.

I Adore You - Alt View
Thank you Tina for your inspiration :)!!!  I enjoyed visiting your gallery.



Card Recipe and Details:
  • ODBD Stamp Sets:  Flourish Heart (Both cards), Love Scriptures (Lots of Hearts card), Be Mine and Gingham Background stamps (I Adore You Card) 
  • ODBD Dies:  Ornate Hearts, Antique Labels & Border and Recipe Cards and Tags / Spellbinders Labels One and Scalloped Labels One dies
  • White and Baha Breeze Cardstock
  • Baja Breeze (both cards), Lucky Limeade and More Mustard ink (hearts), and Smokey Slate for sentiment and verse

Thank you for you visit today - I hope you were inspired in some way :)!!!  Stop back by on February 1st to see all these wonderful new Stamps and Dies in more detail!!!

Hugs and Blessings,
Audrey

5 comments:

Benzi said...

Absolutely gorgeous work, Audrey! Wow!!!!

Marisa said...

Good to see you posting :) Love all those hearts and the first card is brimming with them - love it.

Kelley said...

Audrey, your cards are so beautiful! I am happy you were able to stamp! Keep it up, girl!!

Karon said...

Oh my goodness, Audrey, these cards are stunning. I love all the little hearts on the first and the depth. Then the second card looks so elegant! Fabulous, hope you have a wonderful weekend.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Audrey, these are both GORGEOUS! I love them both and love the colors and layouts of them both! You have such a beautiful style that always makes me sigh! Lovely cards to honor two very sweet Featured Stampers! Warm hugs, sweet friend!