Friday, November 1, 2013

ODBD November New Release!!

Hi Everyone!!  It's November and I'm looking forward to cooler temperatures, cozy nights by the fire, and Holidays with family.  But I'll be looking forward to that for a while since it was 77 warm degrees yesterday and it'll be around 75 today!!

Meanwhile - it's time to celebrate ODBD's new November Release - and it's another amazing one full of beautiful stamp sets and wonderful coordinating dies.  I'm always blown away by each new release and especially the beautiful works of art this team delivers each month.

As always there will be a PRIZE:
One winner will be randomly chosen from one of the designer's Blog comments to receive a $50.00 Gift Certificate to be used toward the purchase of ODBD Stamps.  To be eligible you'll need to have your comments posted by November 2, 2013 at 9:00pm EST.  The WINNER will be posted on the ODBD Blog on November 3rd - so be sure to check back to see if you've won!!!

Now on to my projects.  This first card is a Christmas Card using The Earth stamp set and coordinating Circle Ornaments die.  I love this stamp set because it is so versatile - and so is this new Die set!!!  I started with the ornament first, by stamping the Earth image in Pistachio ink and the verse in basic black.  Next I die-cut the image, die-cut the ornament topper/hanger, and then die-cut the pine branches, all in white card stock.  Next I added some Silver Leafing to the ornament and ornament top, and sponged a few different greens onto the pine branches.  At that point I added white flocking powder and super-fine glitter.

Below is a close-up of the stamp images and ornament design.

Let Earth receive her King! (Close-up)
Once that was complete I cut and rounded two card layers, embossed the top layer, and starting playing with the layout.  It's not easy to see but there are snowy rolling hills of flocking and sparkles on the top layer, as well as on the borders of both layers.  It's a cool look IRL.

Let Earth receive her King!
The last steps were to mount/pop the layers and ornament, add the silver twine bow and finally the random sparkly gems.  Love this card a lot - it was so simple and has such a peaceful feel to me.  I hope you like it as much as I do :).

Let Earth receive her King Side View


This next project has a similar layout but a completely different feel, a bit on the masculine side.  I started with the image, stamped in Baja Breeze and Island Indigo with the continents colored over in Pistachio marker.  That layer was die-cut, mounted over a second die-cut layer, then both were tied together through a punched hole at the top.  Below is a close-up of the image.

You Mean the World to Me - Close-up
Next I pieced, adhered and embossed strips of designer paper matted on Island Indigo card stock base, added the burlap ribbon banner, brads, accent pearls and ribbon, and then mounted everything together.  I also sponged all the edges for added dimension. I love the 'Earthy' organic feel of this one, and I think it's perfect to give to Hubby when he least expects it :)!!!!!

You Mean the WORLD to me :)!!


Below are the stamps and die-cuts I used on today's projects:








Below are the links to my fellow Designers - please stop by each of their Blogs if you have time - you'll not only to enjoy their magnificent creations and see all the amazing ways to use the new stamps, but you'll also have a chance to win a Prize!!  Thank you for your visit today - your sweet comments bring me joy and blessings :)!!

Dawn * Grace * Sandee 

Lisa * Chris * Angie * Julie 

Silke * Cathy * Lori * Tosha 

Sabrina * Audrey(me :) * ODBD Blog


Card Recipe:
  • White and Island Indigo Card Stock, Designer Paper
  • Pistachio Pudding, Island Indigo, Baja Breeze and Black Ink
  • ODBD The Earth stamp set
  • ODBD Custom Spellbinders Circle Ornaments and Fancy Foliage Dies
  • Spellbinders Embossabilities Folder
  • Ribbon, Light Hemp Cord, Silver Twine, Punches, Burlap and Satin Ribbons, Candy Dots, White Flocking Powder, Super Fine Glitter, Dimensionals and lots of Love :)


Card Challenges:






Thank you again for stopping by and for joining in our Celebration!!!  I hope you found some inspiration here today.  I know you'll find even more if you have the time to stop by the other designer's blogs - they have some creative and amazing designs to share with you :).

Hugs and blessings everyone!
Audrey


45 comments:

Angella D. Crockett said...

Wow, wow, wow!! Both are amazing!!! Love the sparkly details of the first and the gorgeous colors and design of the 2nd! Way to showcase the new sets!!!!! HUGS!!

Divinity said...

love these stamps sets! great cards

Dawn said...

Two awesome samples, Audrey!! Love the colors in the second...and I totally LOVE the first one!!!

Sabrina said...

What amazing and fabulous cards!!

Sue D said...

wonderful cards. I like the embossed backgrounds.

Marisa said...

Wonderful EFs and focal images. well done times two :)

kathi17 said...

Both are beautiful Audrey. I love the techniques you used, and all the dimension on both of them. They are both really interesting and beautiful!

Marsha said...

Beautiful bg embossing. Really makes these unique.

Conniecrafter said...

Very cool, like how you added the greenery to the ornament, great touch, the second will be wonderful to give to your hubby, sure it will make his day!!

Iris said...

WOW! Love all the texture, dimension and colors on your two gorgeous cards.
isoscia at aol dot com

Sherry said...

Beautiful!!! love them!! these new sets are just awesome!! my fav, tho is the green and white one!! so pretty!!

BlueRose said...

Love the cards. The first one looks like a piece of tile...lovely. The second is very rustic, Hubby will definitely love it.

Karen Letchworth said...

Thank you for playing along with us this week at Word Art Wednesday, Audrey Ann! As always, your art is STUNNING! It's always a blessing to have you play along with us. Have a blessed week!
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

I have BLOG CANDY!
www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

Debbie Fagnant said...

These are fabulous, thanks for sharing your god given talent. Love the burlap! Going to be a go to item this season.

Bernadette Roberto Shisler said...

I could definitely see your snowy rolling hills! I wondered about that when I first glanced at it on the home blog page. Thanks for explaining how you did it! Both cards are beautiful! I love the colors on the second card!

Emily said...

I love the subtle green colors of the first one and that embossed background is beautiful. I bet it's even better in person!

Patty said...

Audrey,,,,both your cards are fabulous!! LOVE the contrast of your very colorful first card, with the soft gorgeous second card!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Stunning creations Audrey!!! I just adore your elegant use of the earth and your use of it as an ornament on the first and the stunning background you created combined with the burlap on the second. You are such an inspiration my friend.

I hope you had a very Happy Birthday my friend!! HUGS!!!

Pati said...

Very cool cards! The first is peaceful to me also, the clean, simplicity of white with wonderful embossing, flocking & gems, very pretty! Then there's the busy, colorful, textured 2nd card that is very cool too! I like that embossing, your colors, the burlap & layered circles.

Jean Bullock said...

Wonderfully made. Very striking cards.

Cathymac said...

WOWZERS, Audrey! Both cards are gorgeous! LOVE, LOVE the texture and design on these two works of art! The first is so elegant with the green and white colors, and the vivid colors and burlap on the second are striking! Fabulous samples, my friend! Hugs!

darla arnold said...

just blessing to have good blogs who like share how make cards and who dont mind shareing god word i want say ty so much i so happy i found your blog and your frineds blogs have great time in nov crafting and card makeing walk by faith not by sight

Karon said...

Your creations are both wonderful! I love the details and those wonderful sentiments! TFS and have a great weekend.

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Both are beautiful, Audrey! Love the all the texture and papers and wonderful color combos. Gorgeous!

Mary Babet said...

Wow what gorgeous cards. Love the design, embossing, colors and ribbon. These are just stunning.

Karen W said...

Beautiful job on these and I like how masculine the one is, always looking for masculine ideas.

VeronicaA said...

I like both of your cards. The first one stands out to me with the green ink and branches. Beautiful cards.

Miriam Prantner said...

Beautiful cards! Especially love that first one with that great cluster above the ornament.

Cards By Jan said...

Beautiful cards Audrey...love those new sets, and love what you did with them!!

Linda Carson said...

Gorgeous artwork! Very creative and inspirational! Love all the textures!

Sparkly Engineer said...

Love how you used the earth stamp as an ornament.

Heather said...

Ooooo . . . these are both so gorgeous!!! I LOVE the second! The colors are stunning, and your husband will love it!

Silke Ledlow said...

Audrey, both cards are fabulous!!! Love all the perfect details you've added!!!

Sabrina aka okimom2girlz said...

Audrey, my sweet friend, both of your cards are absolutely amazing! You are so creative in your designs! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Kelley said...

Audrey, Love your 2 cards here!! Great use of the stamp set and the dies! The foliage branch is so cute on your card! Both are so pretty!

Lucy said...

Beautiful cards! I love the simplicity of the first one and the colors in the second.

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful cards Audrey, fabulous use of the stamps and dies!

Saints Rule! said...

Beautiful Audrey! Love the colors on both!

Grace said...

Oh Audrey.... your work always blows me away! I love how you used the earth as an ornament and added the rolling hills of flocking... there's so much dimension there!!! Just beautiful!!! The second one is so pretty!!! You had me with the burlap!!! Love it!!!

Michelle Looi said...

Gorgeous mix media cards! LOvely work!
Thanks for joining 365cards!
~Michelle

Stephanie said...

Your cards are so different and yet both are stunning! I really like the Christmas card with the flocking, embossing, and texture. The card for your hubby is fantastic with it's sentiment, burlap and embossing. Thanks for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday.

alethea said...

Beautiful cards! Thanks for joining us at PCJ! HUgsxx

Winnie and Patty said...

These cards are wonderful Audrey!!! I really like the first one! I hope you have a wonderful and Blessed Thanksgiving! hugs~~Patty

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Gorgeous cards, Audrey! You always 'wow' me with your cards and this time is no exception. I love burlap and your burlap banner on card 2 is amazing. I think I will be stealing that idea! Hope things are going well for you- haven't seen you in he SCS forums lately. Have a very blessed Thanksgiving!

wannabcre8tive said...

A gorgeous card done in beautiful colors.