This card is for a very special friend who loves Peacocks (well, peacock art anyway) so a few months back I found this great Digi image from A Day for Daisies. I then set out to color it using Copics. I spent much time perfecting the colors and finally today took it to the next level by adding more vibrant colors with Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol.
|Let Your Light Shine Alt View 1|
After the coloring was complete I sponged the edges and matted to the SB rectangle. Then I worked on the base/background panel. That was fun - I created the background by first sponging Soft Sky onto white card stock, then using the ODBD Fancy Foliage Custom Die as a MASK, I sponged Coastal Cabana and Pistachio Pudding over it. This created a cool mottled look.
|Peacock Plume Close-up|
The photo above shows a closeup of the feathers and the background. The background panel was also embossed and lightly glittered for added texture. At this point I was ready to add a sentiment. Although I really wanted a big feminine ribbon and bow, no matter how I tried it just didn't work - the Peacock image was just too large. I had to go with plan B...
|Sentiment & Peacock Close-up|
Which was to carefully trim and mat the sentiment, add a glittery border and mount it over the same die-cut flourish I'd used for masking/sponging earlier! (Well, not the exact same one - a newly die-cut one :), also sponged and lightly glittered.
|Peacock Full View|
The finished size of this card is 6.5" x 4.5"... Yep, just a bit oversized. Still, I wanted a top fold - so to make that work I scored the back panel 1/2" from the top and adhered it to the front using Score tape. I love how well this works.
Hope you like this one - a lot of work went into it, but for me coloring is one of the most peaceful activities there is, so I enjoyed every minute of it LOL!!
- A Day for Daisies - All for Show Digi Image, ODBD Spread Light Stamp
- White and Pacific Point Cardstocks
- Black Ink for stamping, Copics, Prismacolor Pencils and Gamsol for coloring the Image, Soft Sky, Pistachio Pudding, Coastal Cabana and Pacific Point for Sponging
- Copic Markers Used: BG000, BG001, BG009 / B06 / YG03, YG05 / YR07, YR09
- ODBD Custom Die - Fancy Foliage, SB Romantic Rectangles, SB M-Bossabilities Design B, Stickles, Clear Art Glitter
- Splitcoast TLC445 - a revisit of TLC133 with a twist: To use markers and pencils with Gamsol/Baby Oil!!
- Word Art Wednesday - Challenge #95 Anything Goes
- The Crafters Cafe Blog - Challenge #26 Embossing (Wet or Dry)
- Country View Challenges UK - Challenge #7 to use Layers (my card has Copics layered with Prismacolor Pencils on the main image and Layered sponging/masking on the base panel)
- Oozak Blog - Challenge #21 Anything Goes with Punches and Dies
- Challenges 4 Everybody - Challenge #28 Anything Goes
Thank you for stopping by - your sweet comments bring me smiles every time and I Thank You for that :)!!!!!!!
Blessings and Hugs,