Sunday, September 1, 2013

ODBD September New Release!!

Hi Everyone!!  I'm back with a new release post and Hop for Our Daily Bread Designs. This is a fun release and the projects that the other designers have created have blown me away!!  I hope you'll have time to take a peek at some of their creations - see links further down in this post.

Prize Details for Today's Hop:
One winner will be randomly chosen from one of the designer's blog comments to receive a $50.00 Gift to be used toward the purchase of Stamps at the ODBD Store!  You'll have until September 3rd 2013 at 9:00pm EST to make your comments.  The Winner will be posted on the ODBD Blog on September 4th - so be sure to check back there to see if you won!!

I've created two different looks using the  O Little Town of Bethlehem background stamp and the new Fancy Foliage Dies.  To make the first card I started by stamping the background twice on white card stock. then I sponged a few different yellows around the town scene and blues around the sky.  Then I cut the buildings and star, and popped those elements.  The windows are covered in tinted glassy glaze and the entire scene is glittered for a light snowy effect.

Bethlehem all A-Glow - One Layer Card
The last steps were to outline the sides and Foliage Flourish with Gold Leaf Pen and stamp the tag, then assemble it with the ribbon bow and flower.  The tag says Christmas is...  and on the inside of the card is the entire quote:
"Chirstmas is... tenderness for the past, courage for the present, hope for the future.  It is a fervent wish that every cup may overflow with blessings rich and eternal, and that every path may lead to peace."  by Agnes M Pharo
Bethlehem Close-up

I went in a different directly on this next one - using the same background and similar elements but still very different.  First I stamped and embossed the background in gold, then sponged the edges in warm tones and gold leafed the border.  I also dotted some gold liquid pearls for added texture.

Town of Bethlehem in Gold

Next I die cut the Poinsettia and Fancy Foliage flourishes & leaves, sponged these elements, colored the Poinsettia using Copics, added gold mini beads to the flower center and assembled. The Rejoice tag was added last.

Poinsettia and Flourish Close-up

It was fun working on these Christmas projects - we're seeing definite hints of Fall here so the Seasons are changing and I'm ready.  Fall is one of my favorite times during the year!!

Here are the stamps and dies used for these projects:







Thank you for visiting me here today - I hope you found some inspiration.  Also hope you'll find time to visit some of the other designer's blogs - the more comments you post the better your chances to win!!!  See below for all the Links!


Sandee * Grace * Julie


Dawn * Lori * Silke

Angie * Lisa * Audrey(Me)



Card Recipes:
  • White and Pistachio card stock
  • Black, Gold for images, Crushed Curry, More Mustard, Soft Sky and Midnight Muse for sponging Card 1, Pistachio, Mustard and Strawberry Slush for sponging on Card 2, R37 and YG95 Copics for Poinsettia and Poinsettia Leaves (copics over More Mustard)
  • ODBD O Little Town of Bethlehem Background, The Babe and His Gift Stamps
  • ODBD Fancy Foliage Dies - Flourish and Poinsettia Leaves, Spellbinders Poinsettia Die
  • Gold Leaf Pen, Mini Gold Beads, Gold Liquid Pearls, Glassy Glaze, Glitter, Ribbon, Paper Rose

Thank you again for stopping by!!  I hope you enjoyed your time here, and I hope you enjoy the rest of your day!!!

Hugs and Blessings,
Audrey


51 comments:

Angella D. Crockett said...

Wowza!!!! Both are super amazing!!! I love the colors on the first....so beautiful! I can't stop staring at the second card....the colors, embossing, poinsettia/beads, beautiful flourish...wow, I love it!! Fabulous projects, both of them!!! HUGS!!

Benzi said...

Beautiful! I love both. The yellow sponging just added so much to your wonderful creation on the first card.

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Well, Audrey you have blown me away with your cards today! Both are gorgeous1

scrappymo! said...

Two beautiful cards! Love the non traditional colours you chose for these.

scrappymo! said...

Two beautiful cards! Love the non traditional colours you chose for these.

craftymom205 said...

Beautiful cards.

craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

Marisa said...

Love the musical score in the BG and how you highlighted the buildings on the first card. Hope you are feeling better too ((hugs))!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

These are both beautiful, Audrey! The colors and flourish are just lovely. Really gorgeous cards!

Joanne Travis said...

Love this stamp and the beautiful results you've achieved with it. The halo effect around everything really is a lovely effect. Beautiful cards, Audrey Ann.

Carol H. said...

So beautiful! Thank you for sharing two great ways to use the background stamp!

Kris B said...

Wonderful cards! This is my favorite stamp in the new release! It's also my favorite Christmas song! Beautiful embellishments! TFS God bless!!

Mrs. GraceWorks said...

That stamp is so pretty! I love the glow around the city on the first card!

Kathy Cotton said...

I didn't know there were so many ways to use background stamps. Thanks for sharing! They are gorgeous.

Saints Rule! said...

Amazing projects Aubrey! I love, love, love the illuminated star!!! Just gorgeous!

Jan Weddell said...

Amazing how differently cards can look using the same stamped images!! Both of these are truly amazing. I love the glazed window technique.

JoAnn said...

Beautiful cards. Love how each one is different but yet you used the same image. I love this background stamps.

Dawn said...

both are just beautiful, Audrey!!

Shelia said...

I really like how you used the same stamp in different ways - really shows how versatile this stamp is! Gorgeous cards!

Christine said...

Your cards are so different and are equally beautiful! Love the way you included a one-layer card so as to simplify mailing those holiday greetings. The way you made Bethlehem "glow" is just fabulous. Thank you for sharing your beautiful work!

Donna Oates said...

Two beautiful cards. I'm ready to start my Christmas card stash for the year.

Grace said...

Oh Audrey!!! GASP.... your creations blow me away!!! I love your coloring on the first one... with the glow of light! I love the gold embossing on the second... and the softness of the colors. They are two very different but equally delightful samples of this stamp! LOVE!!!!
hugs,
Grace

Cathymac said...

Both cards are just gorgeous, Audrey, but I must say that the yellow halo around the Bethlehem silhouette is so striking! Your embellishments on both cards are works of art in and of themselves and add to the elegance of each beautiful Christmas card! Awesome release projects, my friend! Mega hugs!

Pati said...

Pretty! Great creativity with the cards showcasing that stamp so well! I really like all your elements on the first card with the sponging & popping out the buildings & star.

Iris said...

Love the Bethlehem stamp and both your cards are beautiful - love the colors.

Anita Braddock said...

wow what a super background stamp. love the shading and the swirls and the ribbon. thanks for sharing

Candy Meyers said...

Oh, my goodness, these are spectacular. Especially the colored background for O Little Town of Bethlehem. Gave me a great idea. Thanks loads,
Candy Meyers

Deb said...

Beautiful cards! The background stamp is a great way to make quick but elegant cards.

Mary Babet said...

Wow what a beautiful card. How did you get all that in there? You did an awesome job bringing it all together. Its stunning.

Sue D said...

Beautiful Bethlehem cards!!

Lagene said...

WOWZERS! Gorgeous cards!

Laura said...

Lovely indeed! Gotta love that Bethlehem stamp... great idea. Lovely inspiration. Laura

Gina Ables said...

Beautiful cards. I love the light glowing around Bethlehem. Is your last name "Kinkade?"

Conniecrafter said...

Like the glow you have on your first card and how you brought an autumn feel to your second, so pretty!

Donna said...

Wow, love the two distinct 'looks' from the same image! Both are just beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us!

Donna said...

Great job

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Your cards are absolutely beautiful Audrey!! I just love what you have done with the O Little Town of Bethlehem. Your first with the shading of the background is my fave. Gorgeous work as always my friend!! I hope all is well. I have missed chatting with you!!
hugs,
Chris

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful Christmas cards using the new set Audrey! Wonderfully embellished!

Sherry said...

love both cards!! I like the different color combos!!

Denise Bryant said...

Gorgeous coloring on both cards... lovely!

E. Marie said...

I think this image is my favorite of the new releases and I love how you have used it on both of these cards. The sponged ink hi-lites it so beautifully and the bows and leafy flourishes are great embellishments.

Kelley said...

Beautiful cards, Audrey!!! So pretty and colorful!!

Carmen Mitchell said...

Hard to believe that these are 1 layer cards all of the techniques you used just add beauty.

Kathleen said...

Absolutely stunning cards!

Vicky said...

Beautiful cards. The coloring makes them stand out.

Robyn said...

Oh, I just love how you have decorated Bethlehem!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Wow Audrey!! Love how you highlighted the Bethlehem scene on the first card!! And your second is so gorgeous in gold! Love the addition of the poinsettia!!

Lucy said...

Beautiful cards! I love the Fancy Foliage dies-so delicate.

Janis said...

I esp love the first card with that wonderful inking around the bldgs!! Just beautiful.
<3 J

Sabrina said...

Gosh - you certainly have created two different looks. Adding the golden glow in the first card really brings the silhouette scene to a whole new level.

Sabrina aka okimom2girlz said...

Audrey, my sweet friend, I absolutely LOVE your cards! I think I need to order that stamp seeing your amazing cards! Hope all is well! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Silke Ledlow said...

Audrey, these are gorgeous ideas...love how you highlighted the first card...very striking!