Thursday, August 1, 2013

It's That Time Again - ODBD August Release is Here!

Hi Everyone - hope all is well.  It's the first of August and that means a new release from Our Daily Bread Designs!!  I'm in awe at what the designers have created this month, so if you have time and can stop by the other designer's blogs for a visit, I think you'll find it worthwhile.  All their blog-links are included further down in my post.

I have two creations to share today - the first card features a quote from the I Dig You stampset. To make this card I started with a white cardstock base and some some coordinating papers.  I stamped the sentiment in black ink, die cut the sentiment tag, stamped the Sweet William flowers and embossed with clear ep then die cut two layers.  Next I die-cut the leaves and sponged all the layers using daubers.

Garden Sentiments
The last step was to add the card stock banner/strip, pearls and then assemble everything.  I was inspired to keep this monochromatic, and really love the bright strawberry slush color of these papers and ink.

Garden Sentiments Alt View

My next card  is a bit on the Shabby Chic side and features a stamp from the Garden Sentiments stamp set.  I started with a white card base and coordinating papers, only this time I went for the paper flowers, lace and fanciful flourishes dies (to make a heart :).

Garden Sentiments Shabby Style

After adhering the papers I was inspired to sort-of crinkle a long center strip of chevron paper to make a ribbon effect.  I'm not sure where this came from but I just went with it - and really like how it came out!!  From there I added the lace, heart pearls, flowers, silver twine and wonderful little tag.

Garden Sentiments Close-up

This is the second shabby-chic card I've made recently and I'm enjoying the process :)!!  Everyone who knows me knows that I'm not a shabby chic designer, so I attribute any success that I may have in the shabby department to the wonderful flowers and precious little heart-pearl strings that were given to me by my sweet friend Sabrina.  There must be some serious magic in these embellishments because they make my projects look so shabby and good!!!

Here are all the ODBD Stamps and Dies I used on today's projects:








Thank you for stopping by today!!  Below are some of the details about today's ODBD New Release Prizes!!!

Prize Details:
One random winner will be chosen from one of the designers Blog comments to receive a $50.00 Gift Certificate to the ODBD Store.  This prize can be used toward the purchase of stamps.  You'll have until August 3rd at 9:00pm EST to leave your comments on the designer's blogs.  The winner's name will be posted on the ODBD Blog on August 4th - so be sure to check back to see if you have won!!!

For more inspiration using the August Release stamps and dies you can see our other Designer's projects on the ODBD Blog, or by visiting their Blogs (see links below!):

Sandee * Julie * Chris * Cathy



Card Recipes:
  • White Cardstock with Strawberry Slush and Coastal Cabana Designer Papers
  • Basic Black, Strawberry Slush and Coastal Cabana Ink
  • ODBD I Dig You, Garden Sentiments and Sweet William Stamp sets
  • ODBD Recipe Tags/Die, Spellbinders Elegant Labels 4, Foliage and Blossom 3 Dies, Cheery Lynn Fanciful Flourish Large and Mini Dies, MS Corner Punch
  • Lace, Pearl Beads, Silver Twine, Paper Flowers, Sponging and lots of Love :)


Card Challenges:


Thanks again for stopping by!!  I hope you found some inspiration either form what you've seen here, or from the other designer's creations.  I loved having you for a visit!!!

Blessings,
Audrey


51 comments:

Letisha Lee said...

These cards are gorgeous! I love the lace and dimension on the green card.. you are very talented! Thanks for playing along at 365 cards..
Much Love,
Letisha

Angella D. Crockett said...

Audrey girl, both of your cards are incredible!!!! Such fun designs and yummy papers and elements!!!!! I love how you incorporated the Sweet William on the first and the colors of the 2nd make me swoon!!!!!! Beautiful work, as usual!! HUGS!!!

Saints Rule! said...

Love the shabby feel of both of these beauties! The soft colors, die cuts, trim... WOW! Love, love, Love!

Dawn said...

Beauties, Audrey!! Yummy colors and clever use of the Sweet William!

Saints Rule! said...

Awesome projects Audrey! Thanks for joining us at WAW!

TLady said...

WONDERFUL JOB Audrey!!!!!! You've done WONDERFULLY with BOTH CARDS, Shabby Chic included!!!!!!! I've had people TELL ME when my card/s is/are Shabby Chic & I didn't even know!!!!!!!!!LOL BEAUTIFUL WORK!!!!!:)

Sandee Shanabrough said...

These are gorgeous Audrey! You always inspire me!!! Love them both so much! The colors are so beautiful! And that paper 'ribbon' is a wonderful idea!!!

Grace said...

Oh GASP Audrey... these are BOTH just gorgeous!!! Love the rounded corners, the big beautiful lace, and how you used Sweet William flowers on the top one! Gorgeous colors and amazing details!!!
hugs,
Grace

Deb said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous cards! Very elegant, love the pearls and the lace!

Just this... Alice said...

Both your cards are beautifully done. Love your detail work. That shabby chicness of the green one makes me sigh.

Heather G said...

Gorgeous Cards. I love everything about both of them. Great colors, great layout and even better inspiration.

Julia Aston said...

Beautiful colors on these cards - love that Sweet William bloom, the laces and die cuts! So pretty!

Iris said...

Love everything about your beautiful cards. Such lovely papers and embellishments.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Gorgeous Audrey!! You sure made the dies sing!! Sheer elegance my friend!! Love the shabby chic feel of the one and the sheer elegant touches of the other!!
You are always such an inspiration!! Miss you on the CT as well as chatting with you!!
hugs,
Chris

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

These are both beautiful, Audrey! Love the colors and embossing on the first. Such a great look for that Sweet William. The ribbons and trim are gorgeous on your green card. Wonderful projects!

BarbaraW said...

Lovely cards. gorgeous embellishing.

Lucy said...

Both cards are beautiful -but I have to say the second one is exquisite!

Christine said...

Love the gradient hues in your first card and am intrigued by how the banner appears to be woven through the sentiment panel....so very pretty. The second card is just breath-taking...there must, indeed, be some magic in those embellishments! Thank you so much for sharing!

Linda Carson said...

Gorgeous artwork! Absolutely gorgeous!

Karen Letchworth said...

What gorgeous cards, Audrey. I am SO in love with ODBD stamps, and with your lovely art work. What a blessing to have you share in our challenges and share your talents with us. Hope you're having a blessed week, and thanks again for stopping by.
Blessings to you,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Darlene Gabriel said...

Well I just left a comment over on SCS but I had to come here also to tell you that your cards are beautiful. These polka dot papers are gorgeous. I especially love that string of heart shaped pearls;)

Donna Oates said...

Simply beautiful cards. Less is more with both cards! Well done!

Chris Gualazzi said...

New follower here... I looooooooooooooooooooooove your style! Beautiful!!

Rachel Brooks said...

Love both of your offerings.

Pat Sakrismo said...

The coloring on the flower, leaves & label are so pretty! Love the flourish! Thanks for the inspiration!

Penny said...

Beautiful cards...

Penny G

Sabrina aka okimom2girlz said...

Audrey, sweet Audrey, I totally LOVE your cards! They both show how versatile these sets are..thanks so much for the inspiration, my friend! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Caryn S said...

Both these cards are just amazing! I love the monochromatic color scheme on both of them, and the diecut details and inking are striking.

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful cards using the new sets Audrey - love the colors and added embellies!

Sue D said...

Both cards are gorgeous!

D- said...

Love your beautiful card. TFS.
D~
http://designsbydragonfly.blogspot.com

Kelley said...

Audrey, such pretty cards with beautiful color and layouts!!

Sherry said...

WOW!! both cards are GORGEOUS!!!!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Audrey, these are gorgeous samples...WOWZER!!! ~S~

Shelia said...

oh I absolutely love the lace on pearls on these two beauties!!!! WOW!!

Pati said...

Very pretty, lovely colors!

juneroses said...

Wonderful ideas.

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Audrey! both your cards are beautiful. My favorite is the green "shabby" card. Very interesting design and pleasing to the eye with the color and dimension. The sentiments certainly are inspirational, and very versatile. Lovely cards, Audrey! Thanks for sharing. hugs, de

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Both are absolute beauties Audrey!! I love the rounded corners and colors that you used. And I LOVE the way you used the paper like ribbon on both!! Clever and charming!

Patty said...

Great cards!! You're a girl after my own heart....I LOVE POLKA DOTS!!

Sonia said...

Such beautiful cards! Whoever receives these is going to feel very special!

Cards By Jan said...

Wow Audrey!! Gasp....Beautiful cards!!! I love them both, love your lace, and all the little touches!!
Hugs

Cathymac said...

The details on your cards are amazing, Audrey...It is I who needs to come watch your create! Love the red and white on the first card and how you drew attention to the quote with the Sweet William flower! The lace, flowers, and pearl trim add to the elegance of the second one...both gorgeous creations! Hugs!

Caitiumom said...

These are simply beautiful cards. I love the lace, great use of the sweet William stamps paired up with the new set

Inkyfingers said...

These are just gorgeous and I love the meaningful sentiments.

Carole Robb Bisson said...

Beautiful isn't strong enough. The crinkled chevron paper ribbon is outstanding along with all other elements.
Thank you so much for posting your beautiful work with us this week, at “Word Art Wednesday”.
Blessings,
Carole Robb Bisson
Word Art Wednesday

Yvonne Garner said...

Hi Audrey! Both of your cards are gorgeous! Beautiful details, too. Thank you for sharing with us at 365 Cards!

Vee said...

Gorgeous cards Audrey, love the design and both the colour combos. The lace and bling on both is stunning.
xx Vee

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Gorgeous work, my friend! Both are so lovely, but I find myself eyeing the fun, strawberry colored, polka dotted card! You have the knack of giving every one of your cards just the right touch of elegance. You have an amazing talent!

Linda Carson said...

Both of these beauties are knockouts!! That chevron paper looks like ribbon! Excellent artwork!

Anita Braddock said...

Gorgeous card love the lacy. the papers and colors are awesome. love the added pearls and ribbon it gives that special touch. thanks for sharing.