Monday, July 1, 2013

Welcome to the ODBD July Release!!!

Hello Everyone - and Welcome to Our Daily Bread Designs July New Release!!!  There are several new sets and dies this month and I love every single one of them!!  My cards feature the new To the Lovebirds Stamp and Die sets!!  This set is so versatile, and perfect for this year's wedding season.

This is not our normal Blog Hop - but there will still be the opportunity to win a prize:  One winner will be chosen from one of the Designer's Blog Comments to receive a $50.00 Gift Certificate to the ODBD Store!!!  Here's the link to the store:  www.ourdailybreaddesigns.com.  Participants will have until July 3rd at 9:00 pm to make your comments for a chance to win!!

Also, starting this month the Alumni Team will be joining in the ODBD New Release Posts and Hops - and I'm so happy about this since I'm now a new Alumni Team member :)!!

My first project is very Shabby Chic. There are so many awesome Shabby Chic designers out there, and I'm not one of them simply because I often struggle with this style.  Today however, I'm happy to say that was not the case :)!!  My card together easily and exactly as I'd planned :)!!!!

To the Lovebirds - Shabby Chic Style

I started by selecting some coordinating papers, stamping the Bird cage in Crumb Cake with Soft Suede marker for low-lights.  Then I stamped over the center with the Lovebirds image, and die-cut.  This process was repeated to make a TWO die-cut images - which are popped one over the other for a double-stacked hanging Bird cage.

Next I added the pearl flourish and created the lace and floral array.  This lace is so pretty and was a gift, along with these amazing roses (one of the reasons my shabby chic card works so well - thanks Brina!!).  Next I punched little holes in the Bird Cage and Sentiment Tag, and tied them onto the ribbon with silver cord/twine.  Once that was done I added some Glassy Glaze and Glitter to the love birds and hearts, then finished everything off with a glitter border.

Here's a close-up if you want to see more details:

To the Lovebirds - Close-up

Hope you like my Shabby Chic design!!



My next card features the same stamp set, but in a simpler and more masculine design.  I started by selecting some coordinating papers, then die-cut the border and center layers.  Then I stamped and die-cut the sentiment, sponged that panel with two different colors, and embossed the second layer.  The embossing exposed some white areas, so I sponged light green ink over the embossed panel to bring the colors together.  This close-up shows some of the details:

Two Hearts One Love - Close-up

Once the sentiment panels were finished I added the bow and charm.  Each layer is popped using foam tape.  Here's a photo of the full card:

Two Hearts... One Love :)


Below are the stamp and die sets used for these projects.  If you're interested in visiting some of the other Designers you can stop by the ODBD Blog and find links there!!!









Card Recipe and Details:

Challenges for this Card:


Thank you for stopping by - I hope you found some inspiration!!  Blessings everyone!!

Hugs,
Audrey

58 comments:

Gina Ables said...

The papers you used with this great release made gorgeous cards. Thanks.

Paper Tails said...

Gorgeous cards! I love all the pearls. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Friends.

Karen

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What gorgeous creations Audrey!! I just love the stamping of the cage on the designer paper and all the added frill details on the first and your Simple elegance and the blue and green on the second!!
hugs,
Chris

Marjorie said...

Beautiful cards.
Marjorie from TX

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Both are beautiful, Audrey! The colors and papers are lovely and the pearls and ribbons are so elegant.

Anita Braddock said...

wow Both cards are Beautiful love the layering and the colors. the added bling and scriptures are perfect. thanks for sharing,

Karon said...

Oh my, both of these cards are stunning!! Love love the details and elements. Fabulous stamps and colours! TFS

Marisa said...

Darling flower cluster and pearl flourishes on the first and love the clean feel to the second and double heart charm :)

Tamara D said...

Nice work! I wish I could make cards as beautiful as these.

Dawn said...

well, I think you can handle shabby like a pro! beautiful!!
both cards are fab samples!!

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful cards Audrey - love the addition of the pearls under the bird cage die on your top card!

Mary Babet said...

Beautiful cards. Love the colors and pearls on the bird cage card. I like the colors and different design on the second card. You have such creativity.

Beth Norman said...

Such pretty cards. I wouldn't have guessed that you didn't do shabby chic because it is so beautiful--just the way you meant for it to be. You showcased these stamps beautifully.

TLady said...

OH MY AUDREY!!!!!!!!! WHERE TO BEGIN? Your first card is SOOOO LOVELY!!!! LOVE ALL the SPARKLE you've added!!! It JUST ADDS TO the Bride & Grooms SPECIAL DAY & the IMAGES you've used!!!!!!!! LOVE IT!!!!! Your second card is FABULUOS TOO!!!!!!!!!:) LOOOOOOOOVE the color choices!!!!!!!!!!!:) You little CHARM is PERFECT with the SENTIMENT!!!!!:) WONDERFUL JOB on BOTH CARDS!!!!!!!!:)

Kelley said...

Audrey, love your shabby chic card! Well done! Beautiful!

JANIS FROM CANADA said...

FIRST CARD SO WHIMSICAL LOVE IT.. SECOND SO DRAMATIC LOVE THE COMBO OF COLOURS. THANKS SO MUCH FOR ALL THE TIME IT TAKES TO DO THE HOPS...

Christine Harrop said...

I think the shabby chic does it for me, but the dramatic colours of the second are great. Christine

Regena said...

Gorgeous cards! I love all the pearls.

Cheryl (aka CherylQuilts) said...

Audrey Ann, I always love your style, and I especially love how you've paired the pink with the Soft Suede...lovely feel to it! And of course, blue is my favorite color, so the second card is wonderful too in a different style...such a versatile new release! Love them both...hugs!

Christine said...

I absolutely love your first card, and can relate to your struggle with shabby chic....but you nailed it here! So, so pretty! Love the way you made the second card so vibrant!

Pamela said...

Love the shabby chic feel of the first card, with a hint of country with the pink houndstooth. Love the blue and green~so vibrant. Both cards are beautiful, and your work is great.

Joan V said...

Wow, lovely cards. Beautiful details on the first card and I love the style and color on the second card. Thanks for sharing.

keeleykats said...

Audrey, Two great cards! The first is so feminine, I am in love with all the pearls! The second would make a fantastic grooms card. Thanks for sharing!

Jean Bullock said...

Wow! http://pinterest.com/pin/415386765601453978/ http://pinterest.com/pin/415386765601453982/

Sue D said...

Great cards and I appreciate your Shabby Chic design as I find this hard to do.

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Oh goodness Audrey!!! I am always in awe of your creativity!!! These are both stunning!!!

Patsy B. said...

very nice!

Carole Robb Bisson said...

Audrey,
Such beautiful cards, they are both exquisite. The colors, layout, image and sentiments, super sweet.
Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful artwork with us at WAW.
I Pray God’s Richest Blessings on You and Your Family,
Carole Robb Bisson
Word Art Wednesday

Cathymac said...

One would never guess you struggle with any project you make, Audrey! Your cards are always so gorgeous, so balanced, so creative! Love the birdcage stamped on DP on the first card and the dramatic colors of the second. The added details of the pearls and the heart charm are examples of the loving care you put into each creation! Hugs!

Susan said...

Great cards - both of them.

Candy Meyers said...

Your cards are so different and yet so gorgeous. The soft colors on one and the bold on the other are stunning. Great cards.
Candy Meyers

Mickie said...

Beautiful!! I love the one with all the pearls. That took a lot of work, great artwork!

Marianne Barkman said...

Fabulous talent! Love them both! Thanks for sharing

Karen Letchworth said...

Absolutely GORGEOUS art, Audrey. Your work always amazes me, and I'm SO blessed to have you share in our challenge this week. Hope you're having a blessed week, and I hope that you will join us again soon.
God bless you!
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

nwilliams6 said...

Audzi, I love that you did a feminine and masculine version card with this very lovely stamp set. Both are beautiful. Love the bling and textures and colors. How fun that they brought back some Alumni to help with the hop. Hope you are doing well - miss ya/love ya! Hugz!

Carol H. said...

I love your shabby chic card! So beautiful! The other card is so fab! I adore blue and green together!

scrappingnana said...

Pretty cards. Love the new release sets.

Sabrina aka okimom2girlz said...

Oh my word, Audrey, girl, your cards are breathtaking! I absolutely LOVE the first one with those beautiful pearls and awesome shabby chic design. And your second one......fabulous colors! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Janis said...

Love that elegant Lovebirds in the Cage card.

Carol (Gingerbeary8) said...

These cards are just beautiful Audrey. I am totally taken with the Birdcage creation. One of my favorite colors and the pearls just speak to me. You always blow me away with your awesome work!
Bear Hugs,
Carol

Teri said...

Love both of these! Such pretty colors!

Saints Rule! said...

Beautiful projects! I must confess that beautiful pearl spray and bird cage just warm my heart! Lovely on both counts my friend! {[hugs}}

Benzi said...

They're both beautiful, Audrey. I was really interested in your shabby chic as I just made one (as you know) and am trying to improve on that style. I love seeing what other crafters do with this. Yours is super!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh I do Love shabby chic so that is my favorite card, gorgeous design! the second has a great casual feel to it!

Angella D. Crockett said...

OOh, I love them both! The soft pink and elegant details of the first and I LOVE the color combo on the second. Fabulous job, darlin'! HUGS!!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Ooooo...Love the pearls and houndstooth with your first card Audrey!! Gorgeous and elegant!! And your second card is so rich in color! Love the sweet scallops and heart charms too!! How perfect!

D- said...

These are both wonderful. Love the soft colors with the pearls. AND Love the less frilly card, too. Something for everyone. TFS.
D~ dmcardmaker (AOL)
http://designsbydragonfly.blogspot.com

Lucy said...

I love your shabby chic card-so pretty with the pearls and bow! The second has a great color combo-blue and green-love it!

Cindi said...

How can I subscribe to your blog via email? I love your work.
Cindi

Sherry said...

love both cards!! I really like the blue one!!

Creative Crafter said...

I love the pearl flourish you used with this stamp set - beautiful. Blessings

Silke Ledlow said...

Audrey, your first card is gorgeous and the second one is awesome too! Hugs ~S~

Melanie Rozwood said...

These are so pretty. I like all the dimension. Thanks for playing at HIMCR.

Rose said...

beautiful cards :) So glad you joined us on 365 Cards for our Sunday sketch this week.

wendipooh13 said...

stunning cards!!!! love your work. sooo glad you played along with 365 Cards this week!!!

annieambriel said...

Gorgeous cards... love hte birdcage and birdies and all the trims and pearls.

Thanks for joining us over at 365cards :)

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Audrey! Two magical cards - so beautiful - and completely different but using the same sentiment - they are absolutely lovely, sweet, and just gorgeous! Love the bling, and happy feel of both. hugs, de

Cards By Jan said...

Wow Audrey....such beautiful cards...I love the new sets...and am so happy I have them coming in the mail...can't wait! Thanks again for your lovely work!! You are such an inspiration!!