Tuesday, June 25, 2013

God Bless America!!

Hello Stampers and Friends - I am glad you stopped by!!  The past couple of months have been challenging, with home improvements and added work responsibilities - seems I'm left with little time to stamp.  Thankfully I have managed to find some here and there.  Today's card is for this weeks ODBD SLC #160 - in celebration of Red, White and Blue.  My card is a simple one.

God Bless America!!!!!!!

Simple - yet so fun to color!!  I love this stamp because there's so much movement in it.  I can almost hear the sound of the wind!!  I used Copic markers and Atyou Spica Glitter Pens.  The glitter pends add so much depth in the color, and although you cannot see it at all in the photo, there is some subtle sparkle in the folds and creases.  I also used white Gel Pen to make the stars pop.

God Bless America - Side View

Below is a picture of this stamp set:




This is my last card as a Challenge Team member for ODBD - in July I'm moving to the Alumni Team!!  I love that I'll still be designing for this amazing company.  Kelley, Rick and the team, along with the other designers, are a truly special group - and they've been a blessing to me in more ways than they can possibly know.  I'm looking forward to joining the Alumni, and will be designing for each month's New Release Hops - so hopefully I'll see you all there :)!!

If you have time I hope you can stop over and check out all the beautiful cards my DT Sisters have created for you:
Our Guest Designer is:  Cheryl Scriven 

For more details about our Shining Light Challenges or if you'd like to play along with us, please visit us Here.  We'd love to see your wonderful creations!!!  And if you join in the fun you'll have a chance to win a $15.00 Gift Certificate toward Our Daily Bread Designs stamps.  Just submit your entry by 8pm EST on Sunday June 30th - and if you use Our Daily Bread Designs stamps your card may be featured in the Top Three Designs!!


Card Recipe and Details:
  • ODBD God Bless America Stampset
  • White, Poppy Parade and Black Card Stock, Black Ink
  • Copic Markers: B000, B14, B16, B21, R22, R24, R30, 
  • Spica Glitter Pens: 03, 09, 11
  • Spellbinders Decorative Labels 8
Thanks everyone for stopping by!!  May God Bless each of you today!!!

Hugs,
Audrey

10 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

I can hardly wait to see the before and after photos of your home improvements, Audrey. Now, on to your AMAZING card! WOW! Love the richness of the flag with the vibrant colors and touch of shading with the brown tone. The delicate frame is beautiful - our liberty really is fragile, but most do not quite comprehend that by taking it for granted. Thank you for artistically arranging both the strength and vulnerability together in one card. hugs, de

Marisa said...

What a wonderful image to make it look like a flag moving in the breeze!! Fabulously coloured and a wonderful, patriotic card :)

Cathymac said...

Love how you've used color to age your flag, Audrey! The frame and coloring on this patriotic card is gorgeous! How precious is this stunning symbol of our nation and the liberties we hold dear! Hugs!

Karon said...

Gorgeous card and fabulous colouring on that flag!!! Wonderful. TFS

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I wrote a message to you on my blog as well but I want to say how much I have enjoyed you being a part of the CT for the past 6 months!! You will be missed!!!! I am, however, so happy to see you continuing with ODBD!!! Your creations are so amazing, this card is no exception!!! I just love your coloring of the flag and how you framed it!! It is stunning!!
hugs,
Chris

Cheryl (aka CherylQuilts) said...

What a beautiful card...I LOVE our flag, and this is gorgeous...and cards are always so much prettier IRL! I love it!

Kathy said...

Audrey, this is an awesome patriotic card! You do such gorgeous coloring and this is a perfect example!

It has been fun and inspiring working with you these past few months! Blessings! Kathy

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Hey Audrey! Beautiful patriotic card! Love your coloring. So sorry to see you leaving ODBD. Your work is stunning every single time!

Winnie and Patty said...

This is beautifully done Audrey! Your coloring of the flag is amazing! TFS

Jan Marie said...

Wow! Love this design and your coloring! Amazing work! I'm going to miss you on the ODBD Challenge team but am thankful you're still in "the basket!" Hugs and blessings!