Wednesday, May 29, 2013

To one person - You may be the World!!

Hi everone!!  Hope you're enjoying some sunshine wherever you are today - it's beautiful here and after so much rain that's a wonderful thing!!

I have a Color Throwdown Challenge card to share today - it's my last as the May Guest Designer and I can honestly say it was a blessing to be a part of this group.  I enjoyed the color challenges and feel like this experience refreshed my color style a bit - so thank you Wanda and all the girls at CTD for the opportunity!!

CTD #144 - You are the World

To make this card I used the Acetate and Rolled Marbles techniques, but I prepared my One Layered card base by placing a sticky note in the center.  then I used Going Gray and Daffodil Delight markers to color a sheet of Acetate, spritzed it with a bit of water, and placed it onto the card front.  Then I dropped Tempting Turquoise, Pink Passion, Daffodil Delight and Silver re-inkers into a flat stamp box with four Marbles and rolled them around on top of the card front.

You are the World Front View

Normally this rolled marble technique is done on glossy cardstock and I can see why - this heavy cardstock doesn't absorb the color quite as well as the glossy paper does.  So I took the acetate/marble technique to the next level by 'mashing' the acetate into the container lid (to transfer the pretty colors onto the acetate), then placed the acetate over the cardstock - this gives even more texture to the design!!


You are the World - Close-up

To finish it off I added three Prima Flowers, rolled and distressed them a bit as well, placed them over a bed of Silver Twine and punched leaves.  I love the random artsy/painted look - it's so different for me!!  Above is a close-up of the sentiment - one of my favorites :)!!

Here's the CTD Swatch showing the colors and inspiration photo:



If you have time and want to check out what the other Designers have created here they are :)!!!~
And here's the link to the CTD244 Challenge!!

Card Recipe and Details:
  • Verve - One Person Stampset
  • White and Tempting Turquoise Cardstock
  • SU Markers:  Going Gray and Daffodil Delight Markers, Pink Passion and Tempting Turquoise, Daffodil Delight and Silver Re-inkers
  • Acetate for background, Plastic Stamp Box and 4 Marbles, Prima Flowers, Silver Cord, MS Punch, Gemstone for flower center
Card Challenges:

That's all I have for today - thank you for stopping by!!  Hope you're day is as beautiful as you are!!

Blessings and Hugs,
Audrey



14 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

So gorgeous!

Faye said...

Beautiful, Audrey! Your text is so true and we just don't realize it all the time.

Marisa said...

Totally fun splattered background! Great card :)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Another beautiful creation Audrey!! I just love the spattered background and your uplifting sentiment!! Gorgeous as always my friend!!
hugs,
Chris

Benzi said...

Beautiful layer you created, Audrey. Love the sentiment, too.

Karon said...

This is wonderful! Love the background and the colours. What a fabulous quote! TFS

Karon said...

This is wonderful! Love the background and the colours. What a fabulous quote! TFS

Karen Letchworth said...

I'm just loving the fun splattered colors on your amazing background. What a super creative card. Thanks so much for sharing with us this week in our challenge, and please know how very grateful I am to have you share with us and play along.
God bless you,
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Carole Robb Bisson said...

The layered filigree with the silver cord under the flower and greenery is absolutely stunning. The colors are beautiful and the sentiment timeless.
Thank you so much for taking time out your day to post your beautiful art with us again this week, at Word Art Wednesday,
Blessings,
Carole Robb Bisson
Word Art Wednesday

Lynn Put said...

Goodness, I haven't done the rolled marble technique in forever, you've inspired me. Your card is gorgeous using the bright colors from this week's challenge and I love your pretty sentiment and flower.
So glad you joined us this month!

Cards By Jan said...

Audrey....This is GORGEOUS...I love the colour combo, such pretty ones, and I love how you mashed it all together!! Gasp...just beautiful!! And I LOVE the sentiment also!!
Hugs

lalkygirl said...

wow Audrey ,love the background you have created for your card ,it shows the sentiment off beautifully
thanks for joining us at MIM and good luck
tracey x

pam124 said...

Audrey, what a great b/g you have created. I'm not brave enough to do this one unless you personally showed me if we can ever get together again! This is a knock out and I love the sentiment. Take care and hugs!

Joan Ervin said...

WOW!! What a gorgeous background, Audrey...it looks fabulous with the pretty colors from this weeks challenge!!!! Thanks for joining us this month...it's been wonderful to see your gorgeous cards on the CTD blog!!!!