If you've arrived here from the blog of our sweet and amazing Angie - then you are in the right place. If not, you can always start at the ODBD Blog and hop from the very beginning. It's an amazing Hop - and you won't want to miss a thing.
Here are today's Hop details:
- Hop will run from 8:00am May 1st to 8:00pm May 2nd EDT
- Winners to be announced May 3rd
- There will be THREE Prizes of $20, $30 and $40 for a Gift Certificate toward Stamps.
- Gift Certificates must be redeemed within the month of April.
- To quality to win, simply hop to each designer's Blog, leave a comment, then return to tell us you completed the hop. We'd love to hear your feedback and/or if there were any problems along the way. Thank you - for your support and all the love you leave for the designers :)!!
Now, more about my project. Love this stamp set - this wonderful ocean scene inspired me to (finally) use my Acrylic paints!! I started by stamping the image in Black ink onto Soft Sky card stock. Then I used Prismacolor Pencils to color in all the details. Copics are my usual go-to color medium, so it was fun playing with my pencils for a change. I love how easily I can create depth and layering of color on color with these pencils.
|Waves on the Sea|
Here's a close-up so you can see those details:
|Waves on the Sea - Close-up|
The last step was to create the frame, emboss it for texture, and add the verse and embellishments. I used some of my new very special roses! I know roses wouldn't be most people's first choice for this wonderful masculine scene, but that's kinda what I like about them - they're unexpected :).
I really wanted to use this verse, but didn't want to cover up any of the 'art' here, so decided to create little tags. Here's a close-up of the verse tags and flowers:
|Matthew 4:19 - Close-up|
Here's one more photo showing the inside:
|Waves on the Sea - Side View|
Hope you like this one - my sweet Hubby said it's his FAVORITE card I've EVER made. And I've made a lot of cards - so I take that as some high praise coming from him :)!!! I'll be sending this to a very special Uncle - I hope loves it as much as hubby does. And he told me once that it's okay to put flowers on his cards LOL!!!
Below is the Waves on the Sea Stamp set used for this card:
I hope you've enjoyed your time with us so far - there's lots more ahead and I know you'll love every creation!! Thank you again for hopping with us today!!
Now I'll send you on to your next stop - our wonderful and very talented...
~~~ Lori ~~~
Also - here is the order for the hop (in case you've gotten lost along the way):
- ODBD Waves on the Sea Stamp Set
- Soft Sky and Black Card Stock
- Soft Sky, Black and Bordering Blue Ink (for sponging)
- Prismacolor Pencils: Peacock Blue, Copenhagen Blue, Muted Turquoise, Non Photo Blue, Powder Blue, Chocolate, Burnt Ochre, Cool Grey 10%, French Grey 90%, Black, White
- Spellbinders Standard Rectangles for frame, Embossing Folder, MS Pine Branch Punch, Paper Roses, and White Acrylic Paints
That's it for now - thank you again for hopping along with us, or for stopping by in case you weren't able to Hop all the way through. And I hope you found some inspiration in your journey today - enjoy every moment!!