Wednesday, May 1, 2013

ODBD May Release Blog Hop!!

Hello sweet friends and stampers - hope you are seeing some sunshine wherever you are today!! Today is May 1st and that means a new release from Our Daily Bread Designs.  I've been with this ODBD team since January now, and I can tell you that for me, each month's stamps are somehow more beautiful than the last - and this month is no exception!!  Hope you enjoy the Hop~

If you've arrived here from the blog of our sweet and amazing Angie - then you are in the right place.  If not, you can always start at the ODBD Blog and hop from the very beginning.  It's an amazing Hop - and you won't want to miss a thing.

Here are today's Hop details:
  • Hop will run from 8:00am May 1st to 8:00pm May 2nd EDT
  • Winners to be announced May 3rd
  • There will be THREE Prizes of $20, $30 and $40 for a Gift Certificate toward Stamps.
  • Gift Certificates must be redeemed within the month of April.
  • To quality to win, simply hop to each designer's Blog, leave a comment, then return to tell us you completed the hop.  We'd love to hear your feedback and/or if there were any problems along the way.  Thank you - for your support and all the love you leave for the designers :)!!

Now, more about my project.  Love this stamp set - this wonderful ocean scene inspired me to (finally) use my Acrylic paints!!  I started by stamping the image in Black ink onto Soft Sky card stock.  Then I used Prismacolor Pencils to color in all the details.  Copics are my usual go-to color medium, so it was fun playing with my pencils for a change.  I love how easily I can create depth and layering of color on color with these pencils.

Waves on the Sea

After the boat and water areas were colored, I sponged some clouds using Bordering Blue ink.  Because this panel is on Soft Sky paper, I needed to add a bit of white to my clouds - so I used my white prismacolor pencil to do that.  Also added some white to the water, and... then I added some White Ranger Acrylic Paint to create even more depth in the clouds and ocean, and at the front of the boat.  First time using acrylics - they really give an artistic look to this project!

Here's a close-up so you can see those details:

Waves on the Sea - Close-up

The last step was to create the frame, emboss it for texture, and add the verse and embellishments.  I used some of my new very special roses!  I know roses wouldn't be most people's first choice for this wonderful masculine scene, but that's kinda what I like about them - they're unexpected :).

I really wanted to use this verse, but didn't want to cover up any of the 'art' here, so decided to create little tags.  Here's a close-up of the verse tags and flowers:

Matthew 4:19 - Close-up

Here's one more photo showing the inside:


Waves on the Sea - Side View

Hope you like this one - my sweet Hubby said it's his FAVORITE card I've EVER made.  And I've  made a lot of cards - so I take that as some high praise coming from him :)!!!  I'll be sending this to a very special Uncle - I hope loves it as much as hubby does.  And he told me once that it's okay to put flowers on his cards LOL!!!

Below is the Waves on the Sea Stamp set used for this card:



I hope you've enjoyed your time with us so far - there's lots more ahead and I know you'll love every creation!!  Thank you again for hopping with us today!!

Now I'll send you on to your next stop - our wonderful and very talented...
~~~  Lori  ~~~


Also - here is the order for the hop (in case you've gotten lost along the way):


Card Recipe:
  • ODBD Waves on the Sea Stamp Set
  • Soft Sky and Black Card Stock
  • Soft Sky, Black and Bordering Blue Ink (for sponging)
  • Prismacolor Pencils:  Peacock Blue, Copenhagen Blue, Muted Turquoise, Non Photo Blue, Powder Blue, Chocolate, Burnt Ochre, Cool Grey 10%, French Grey 90%, Black, White
  • Spellbinders Standard Rectangles for frame, Embossing Folder, MS Pine Branch Punch, Paper Roses, and White Acrylic Paints

Card Challenges

That's it for now - thank you again for hopping along with us, or for stopping by in case you weren't able to Hop all the way through.  And I hope you found some inspiration in your journey today - enjoy every moment!!

Blessings,
Audrey


70 comments:

Dawn said...

This just needs a frame, Audrey! Beautifully done!!! I love using acrylics mixed with pencil/copic. Awesome job!!

Angella D. Crockett said...

This is absolutely stunning!!! I love the simple design......you make simple look so amazing!!! I love how the front of the boat looks so 3D....it's gonna come right off of the page!!! HUGS!!!!

Grace said...

Audrey this is soooo beautiful!!! Love how you colored the image... the white paint really adds a lot! Love the framing, and the tags for the verse are sheer genius! LOVE it!!!
hugs,
Grace

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow Audrey!! Your coloring and use of acrylics on the image is gorgeous!! Your framing and design is perfect to make the image pop!! You are such and inspiration Audrey!!
hugs,
Chris

Silke Ledlow said...

GORGEOUS!!! The image looks like a painting!!!

marcia said...

So very detailed! Beautiful!

StampingJudy said...

This is just AWESOME!!

Becky said...

What a stunning job on this new release. Gorgeous colors.

Sue D said...

Wonderful--I like your coloring and use of acrylic paint.

Jonia said...

Beautiful work! Love the colors you chose!

Cheryl said...

Wow, very pretty!

Barbara Bryant said...

Im so excited over these stamps, and the designer have out done there self. For the first time I can't just pick one designer Im picking all of them.

Marisa said...

Great EF in the BG and just love the image! Fabulously coloured too. Gorgeous card.

Cathymac said...

Your mixed media card is gorgeous, Audrey! Love the soft billowy clouds and the depth of the ship image in the sea! Beautiful framing for a stunning card! I'm sure your uncle will love it! Hugs!

Kathy Cotton said...

Beautifully colored card. Thanks for the inspiration!

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Audrey I just love this!! Your coloring is amazing and your clouds are perfect!!! Another WOW card my friend!

Clare said...

This is just awesome, Audrey! I love your coloring and the background!

Pamela said...

I like the fisher's of men! Beautiful card!!

Pamela Gietzen

Shelia said...

This is an awesome Fisher of Men card!! Love it!! Your coloring skills are amazing!!

Gerrie Johnnic said...

Beautifully done, I love your work and must agree with DH, amazing piece....the colors, the clouds...wow!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

Such a fabulous card, Audrey! The colors and cloudy sky are wonderful and I love the embossed bg. Wonderful masculine card, Audrey!

Betty said...

Wow...your coloring is just beautiful! Gorgeous card! Thanks for sharing!

Pattyb said...

Wonderful card, Audrey! Hubbies always know best!

Conniecrafter said...

such pretty coloring, I love your idea of using paint for the white caps, I used white pen and it just didn't show up as nicely, neat idea with the verse too, like how you split it up on the tags!

Jayne said...

Looks like art one would display on the wall. So pretty.

GrannieR said...

This card is gorgeous. And I am amzed at how "right" the flowers look on it.

The Mom said...

WOW! Love this! The colors are just heart stopping~!

Marsha said...

Beautiful coloring. And lovely frame.

scrappingnana said...

Wow, your card is gorgeous. Love how you added the white acrylics and pencil. Fabulous work of art.

Angelique Vela said...

I love the clean lines of your card. Makes feel like it belongs in a picture frame. My husband would love this. He's the kind of guy who'd "get" your roses and appreciate them. :)

Donna Ellis said...

gorgeous card, Audrey! I can almost hear the gulls, feel the salty air kiss my face, and my hair blowing in the wind. This masterpiece should be framed! so pretty! hugs, de {Creative Smiles}

JKB said...

Amaz9ng job of coloring. Like a painted picture.

pam124 said...

Audrey, I just happened to check your blog and caught a couple cards I hadn't seen on SCS's. You've used this image beautifully. It has such an "sea" feel to it. I adore how you used the scriptures coming out the side with the flower arrangements. Beautiful work! Looks like you've been busy!

J Bates said...

Beautiful! I remember singing the song I will make you fishers of men, as a child

Susan said...

Very pretty card.

craftymom205 said...

Great card.

craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

Gina Ables said...

Gorgeous card. I truly love it.

momandmec said...

Very clean card...love the clouds and the framing of the image. Nice work!!!!!

Christine said...

This is so, so lovely! The water and sky are so beautiful that I want to be on that boat. :) Love the way you added the scriptures to the floral bouquet!

Lana said...

Audrey I really like how you did your cards very pretty!

Marianne Barkman said...

Elegant work of art! Thanks for sharing

Tracy MacLoughlin said...

Such a beautiful card!

Saints Rule! said...

Amazing Audrey! I feel like I can feel the ocean spray... your color is SO REAL! Thanks for giving me a lift today! {[hugs}}

Lori

Sue A said...

Lovely card! I love what you did with the clouds and the waves.

Clickersister said...

Beautiful card with lovely coloring and texture!

Pattie J. said...

awesome, love your coloring, the sea is moving.and look alive. love it, love it.

Sherry said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!! love your card!! your coloring is gorgeous!!!

Candy Meyers said...

Your card is beautiful. I'm sure anyone would be thrilled to receive it.
Candy Meyers

Lagene said...

Wonderful nautical scene!

Heather said...

A very soothing card. It's quite peaceful. Just what was needed.

wendy2512 said...

this boating card is so relaxing.. Love your waves and I think the roses are cute...some guys do like them as well, adn they hold the tags so well...sweet idea...TFS..:0)

Bernadette Roberto Shisler said...

Very, very pretty, Audrey! Thanks for showing the close ups! It gives me a much better view of the card!

Cultivate Life in Joy said...

Lovely card...and I love your sentiment

Beth Norman said...

Wowza. Your scene is beautiful. I love that sky.

Donna said...

What a pretty card! Love the clouds in the sky. Thanks for sharing with us.

Diana Nguyen said...

LOVE the white waves! So as soon as I have tagged you as an amazing artist with ink, you up it with acrylic! Such a blessing to see your art!

Benzi said...

Love this beautiful image. You did a fabulous job with the acrylic paint, too.
How kind of your uncle to let you add flowers...sounds like a real dear. :-)

Kris B said...

Amazing card! Love your coloring! Perfect set for masculine cards. TFS God bless!!

Kathy said...

Wow, Audrey, this is awesome! I love how you colored it and that beautiful sky! Blessings! Kathy

Lena Demyanyuk said...

Beautiful card. I just amazed how all of you made so different and so gorgeous and so unique cards with same supplies.

Cards By Jan said...

Audrey...What a STUNNING card...Love all your elements, especially the waves in the front of the boat, and your water...and just so beautifully framed too...Just Stunning!!

Anita Braddock said...

Stunning card love the colors and the embossing is super. Love the attention to details the waves and the colors are super real thanks for sharing.

Judy said...

Your ocean scene is awesome!! The water and the clouds are so beautifully colored! Love the verse you chose,too! Thanks for sharing!

Wanda Cullen said...

Wow, Audrey, this is absolutely STUNNING!! Your uncle will be displaying this in a prominent location for sure! Love the way you colored the scene!

Pati said...

Very cool coloring with pencils!! Love to see someone use something other than copics to color these days. :) Thanks for sharing!

Lisa Somerville said...

Wonderful masculine card! The embossing folder is just perfect for your fabulously colored image!

Sylvia Blum said...

This is beyond gorgeous, Audrey!!!
I cannot say what exactly I like most about it, because it's fantastic and brilliant all over!!! *wow*
Sylvia xx

Colleen Dietrich said...

Triple WOW! This looks like a miniature painting on a card. Fab job, Audzi!

Stacy aka Twinshappy on SCS said...

Gorgeous! I do love this set, might have to get that sometime. Fantastic coloring.

TLady said...

TOTALLY GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!! :)