Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Morning Glory - Color Throwdown Challenge!!

Hi Stamping Friends!!  I have some wonderful news - this is my first post as the May Guest Designer for the Color Throwdown Challenge team.  I'm looking forward to spending time with my friend and former SCS Dirty Girl Sister Wanda Cullen and all the other girls who design for this group during the month of May.

The colors chosen for this week are so pretty, and like a lot of things, I'd not have thought to pair them together.  Who knew that all these colors could coordinate so well??  Not me!!

To make this card I stamped the ODBD Morning Glory stamp, die-cut and colored that layer using Copic Markers.  I also added some stickles for sparkle, and some matte glaze in certain areas to add depth, along with some liquid pearls for more textures and interest.


Morning Glory
Then I die-cut two more panels in black and off-set them a bit.  Next I chose the colors for the background layers, embossed and then matted the layers over black card stock.  Everything is assembled with foam tape for extra dimension!!


Morning Glory - Side View

Below is the inspiration swatch - it's definitely a pretty combination!  And here's a link to the challenge in case you want to play along:  Color Throwdown




Card Details and Recipe:

  • ODBD Morning Glory Stamp Set
  • White, Black, Pool Party and Ballet Blue Card Stock
  • Spellbinders Labels 26 Die, Embossing Folder
  • Copic Markers: B28 & B32(Balet Blue), BV11 & BV23 (Wisteria Wonder), YR12 & YR15 (Apricot Appeal), YG93 & YG95 (Lucky Limeade), BG00 & BG34 (Pool Party)
  • Stickles, Liquid Pearls, Matte Glaze


Thanks for stopping by and sharing the fun with me today!!!

Hugs,
Audrey






8 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Such a pretty card. I like the "black" layers to produce the pretty shadow effect. Very pretty color combination and textures. hugs, de
{Creative Smiles}

pam124 said...

BEAUTIFUL use of the colors Audrey. What a show stopper. Congrats on being a GD. I know they will LOVE your work!

Benzi said...

Audrey, congrats on your Guest Designer position. Wow! These colors do work well together. Loving that Morning Glory stamp set and you've used it to make a beautiful creation.

Wanda Cullen said...

I knew you'd WOW us all and this is surely a grand entrance - lol! Absolutely gorgeous combination of the colors! Love it!

Joan Ervin said...

OMG, Audrey...this is absolutely gorgeous!!!!! Your coloring is soooo fabulous and the touch of black really makes everything pop!!!! I'm so glad you have joined us for the CTD challenge this month...you do such beautiful work!!!!

Broni said...

What a gorgeous way to pull all the colors together, Audrey! I'm so happy you're joining us this month!!

Lori said...

Just gorgeous! Love the way you used black to set off the colors. So excited to have you join us as our guest this month!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Those morning glories are soooo pretty! Congrats on your guest spot. :) You most certainly deserve it!