Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Just for You :)!!

Hi friends and stampers - hope there's some sunshine in your day today, I'm seeing a peep of it here and hoping to see more :)!!

I have a fun card to share - for today's Color Throwdown Challenge #CTD241.  This is my second card as May's Guestie Designer, and again we have a great color pallet to work with.  Like most people I can get in a sort-of routine, a very comfortable routine with color for example, and it may not show in my projects but I've definitely been in a bit of a color 'slump'.  I noticed that in designing with very specific color combinations these last couple of weeks, that I'm looking at color with a fresh new eye.  It's like all my neglected colors of card stock have suddenly spoken to me LOL!!!  Here's the color swatch for CTD241:



Anyway, on to my project.  To make this card I die-cut two SB panels, then created the background using an Acetate Background technique.  I placed the die cut panels together (one inside the other), placed a clean piece of acetate over them - swished and dotted SU! Markers onto the acetate in a general design, then spritzed the acetate with water and pressed it onto the card stock.  Easy peasy.

A Cupcake Just for You :)
Then I stamped, colored and delicately cut out my Cupcake image, stamped and die-cut the Just for You tag, and started adding some (just a bit) of glitter LOL!!

Here are a couple of close-ups:

Just for You - Close-up

I won this Just for You stamp set in an Addicted to CAS challenge a few months ago - the card I submitted won the CAS Perfectionist Award!!  The stamp is from Inspired by Stamping - Joanna has lots of wonderful stamps, embellishments, tutorials etc., - and I'm glad to be finally using this stamp from her :).

Cupcake and Sentiment up Close

This photo above shows all the fun details and sparkle - I used Copics to color the cupcake and Stickles, Crystal Effects, Matte Glaze and Clear Art Glitter to decorate everything.  I also layered the SB dies so that the center panel is raised a bit higher than the outside frame panel.  The next photo shows that detail.

A Cupcake Just for You - Close-up

If you have time and want to check out what the other Designers have created here they are :)!!!~
And here's the link to the CTD241 Challenge!!

Card Recipe and Details:

  • ODBD Cupcake Plate / Inspired by Stamping Fancy Labels 18
  • White and Regal Rose Cardstock
  • SU Markers:  Crumb Cake, Mellow Moss, Elegant Eggplant, Regal Rose (on Acetate for background), Mellow Moss for sentiment tag
  • Spellbinders Labels 8 (tag) and Labels 18 Std and Decorative
  • Copic Markers - YG61, YG93, G000 (Mellow Moss) / BV11, BV23, BV24, BV000 (Elegant Eggplant) / R21, R22, RV34 (Regal Rose) / E0000, E31, E43 (Crumb Cake)
  • Acetate for background, stickles, matte glaze, crystal effects, clear art glitter, foam tape for dimension.

Card Challenges:

That's all for now - thank you for visiting.  Hope you enjoyed a bit of inspiration today.  Come and play along in our CTD Challenge if you can - we'd love to see your creations :)!!!!

Hugs and Blessings everyone,
Audrey


13 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

What a WOW card, Audrey! LOVE the printed papers on that "fancy" SB die, and the bow placed sideways, AND the bright pink background, AND your delightful cupcake -- they all look amazing! Those 2 SB die sets are two of my faves - use them all the time. My GC broke yesterday so I am making due with an old Big Shot til the parts arrive for the GC LOL - there is such a difference! Beautiful card, Miss Audrey! hugs, de

Marisa said...

That swanky stand is something that belongs at High Tea at the Empress Hotel in Victoria - though they only serve sandwishes and scones. Great use of the colours and lovely framing of the card.

Benzi said...

What a delicious card....in many ways. Of course, the cupcake looks yummy. Plus, all the work on the card is fabulous. The colors are great and I'm thinking your card is really shimmering.

Joan Ervin said...

Your card is gorgeous, Audrey...I love how you added the color to your background and what beautiful coloring and sparkle on that sweet cupcake image!!!!!

Lori said...

So pretty! Love that little bit of sparkle!

Kathy said...

Beautiful, Audrey, I love that color palette! Blessings! Kathy

Shirley-anne said...

OH MY!! Fabulous creation . So much delicate detail and so pretty . Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday

Emily Keaton said...

Those are some pretty awesome colors you got to play with for this challenge, and you used them perfectly! I really love the acetate technique you used--what a cool result. And who wouldn't LOVE those yummy, sparkly cupcakes? Super fun card!

Elena said...

Wow! It's fantastic! I love it! I'm visiting from MIM.

TLady said...

HOW GORGEOUS AUDREY ANN!!!!!! (My husband was talking about making a cake for Mother's Day... NOW, I WANT ONE! LOL) :) LOOOOOOOOOVE ALL the intricate die work & the colors! Not to mention the YUMMY CUPCAKE! :) Just wanted you to know, I FINALLY saw your post on my blog! (WHERE has my head been????) :) THANKS for coming over to visit & leaving me some love too! :)

Stacy aka Twinshappy on SCS said...

Oh my goodness.. I want to eat the screen! HA!! Oh my this is darling, love the frame, coloring and the shimmer is fantastic. YUMO!

pam124 said...

Audrey, this is OUTSTANDING and SPECTACULAR!!! The dies and details you put into this turned it into a real work of art. Miss you!

Carol (Gingerbeary8) said...

This is so pretty and absolutely yummy with the pretty glittered images. What a treat for me. I haven't had a cupcake for 4 months and have enjoyed looking at yours immensely....lol Your work is always so gorgeous.
Bear Hugs,
Carol