Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Isaiah 45:22 Look to Me...

Hello Friends and Stampers!!  Hope all is well and you're ENJOYING yourself in all that you do and in wherever life is taking you.  Today is Tuesday and that means it's time for a new ODBD Shining Light Challenge card.  We have a FUN one for you this week - it's Challenge #153, to make a card using four letters in the word Spring.

I ended up using 5 of the letters - only because it worked out that way.  See below:
  • S = Scorpal
  • P = Poly Shrink Paper
  • R = River Rock Ink
  • I = Isaiah 45:22 Verse
  • N = Nail Cross Charm made from the poly shrink paper
Isaiah 45:22 Look to Me & be Saved

I love all the Quote and Scripture sets released for the ODBD 5th Anniversary celebration - and I just cannot get enough of them.  This is from the Scripture Collection 11 set - the verse is paired with the Fish and Pussy Willow background sets and the cross from the He is Risen stamp set.

Isaiah 45:22 - Alternate View

I went for an artsy/rustic feel for this project so started by masking a very wide border on each side of the main panel, then stamping the Fish Background in Soft Sky and the Willow Background in River Rock.  Next I gently rubbed/swept the Soft Sky ink pad along the edges of the panel, and then stamped the Verse.  After that I scored two lines along the edge, just up to the verse area.


Isaiah 45:22 - Alternate View 2

Once that panel was complete I decided to do something completely DIFFERENT - I pulled out some Clear Poly Shrink paper, stamped the Cross from the He is Risen stamp set in Stazon Brown Timber, then used my heat gun to shrink the cross and turn it into a charm!!!  Then I colored the back of it using a soft blue Copic marker - to give it just a hint of color, added it to the ribbon/flower arrangement and added the panel using foam tape.

Here's a close-up of the cross/flower/ribbon detail:

He is Risen - Cross Close-up

I hope you like this one as much as I do - it was quick, fun and easy - and I felt so much peace in the creative process.  Below are pictures of the sets I used for this card:






I hope you can stop over and check out all the beautiful cards my DT Sisters have created for you:
Guest Designer is:  Gloria Stengel 

For more details about our Shining Light Challenges or if you'd like to play along, please visit us here.  We'd love to see your wonderful creations!!!  And if you join in the fun you'll have a chance to win a $15.00 Gift Certificate toward Our Daily Bread Designs stamps.  Just submit your entry by 8pm EST on Sunday May 5th - and if you use Our Daily Bread Designs stamps your card may be featured in the Top Three Designs!!

Card Recipe and Details:
  • ODBD Scripture Collection 11, Fish and Pussy Willow Background Stamps, Cross from the He is Risen stamp set
  • White, Soft Sky, and Poly Shrink Paper
  • Soft Sky, River Rock and Stazon Brown Ink
  • MS Pine Punch, Small Circle Punch for loop to thread the cross charm, Post-it notes for masking, Ribbon and Foam Tape - along with lots of love ;)
Card Challenges:


Thank you all for stopping by - I hope your day is a beautiful one!!

Enjoy every moment!
Hugs,
Audrey


16 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a soft and beautiful card reminding us of the greatest gift God has given us!! I love your colors, the stamped background and most of all the message. Gorgeous!! Great job on the word challenge!!
hugs,
Chris

Marisa said...

That fish BG is great!! Lovely card showcasing the fabulous verse :)

Benzi said...

Oh, your cross is beautiful, Audrey. Love how you used the Poly shrink paper and also how you wiped the Soft Sky along the edges of your panel. What a powerful verse, too.
Beautifully created!

Joey said...

This is such a beautiful card, the design looks so fresh. Saw you over on mim. Joey xx

Diana Nguyen said...

Haven't played with poly shrink since I was a kid - gee, thanks for adding yet another item to my list to buy! :) Really, I always glean something new from each of your cards! thanks!

Rene said...

This is gorgeous! Just gorgeous! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at MIM! Don't forget to leave a comment for another entry and mention you saw them on MIM for a chance at our second prize!
Good luck and I hope to see you back next week for a new challenge!
Rene ;D

Karen Letchworth said...

G could have been for GREAT CARD!!! This is just beautiful, and I am SO blessed and so grateful to have you share with us in our challenge. Thanks for stopping by, and may God bless your week.
Karen
Word Art Wednesday

Donna Ellis said...

Very meaningful card, Audrey, with the rose and crown of thorns, and the wispy background - harsh and beautiful because of its purpose. Lovely. hugs, de

Gloria Stengel said...

I love everything about this! From the background to the sentiment to the papers!

Stacy aka Twinshappy on SCS said...

Very soft and so pretty. I really like that cross, wonderful card.

Kathy said...

So beautiful, Audrey! I love how you combined all the stamps together to create this beauty! I love the cross too! Blessings! Kathy

Elena said...

Wonderful card! I'm visiting from MIM.

Sanja Grdinić said...

This is a very nice card... Soft and with perfect sentiment!
I saw this on MIM!
Have a nice day!

Emily Keaton said...

So very beautiful! I LOVE how you layered those two lovely background stamps. Perfection!

Cathymac said...

Love how you combined all these elements on your elegant card, Audrey! It's been ages since I've used shrink plastic...what a creative way to add the charm to your creation! The colors are so soft and feminine...just lovely! Hugs!

Grace said...

Oh Audrey... this is soooo pretty! So many details and your double bg stamping is just beautiful! Love the softness of the ribbon and the charm... it's gorgeous!