Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Dreams Come True - CTD #243

Good morning - happy Wednesday!!  Today's card is my newest creation for the Color Throwdown Challenge team - and it's made in celebration of these delightful colors:  Daffodil Delight, Wild Wasabi, Marina Mist as well as Black and White.  I love the inspiration that came to me from this grouping.  

Today's card is for the CTD #243, and also for a very special Nephew who's getting married this weekend.  He and his bride to be are a very special couple, well suited for each other - they truly seem perfect together. 

I started by cutting the four Hearts using a Sizzix nesting dies - two panels glued together for the front, and two for the back.  This gives extra strength to the card base and hopefully helps it last the test of time!!

May all your Dreams come true

Next I stamped the Rubbernecker Sentiment, die-cut and colored the flourish, punched the pine-spray/sprigs and arranged all the colorful flowers.  At that point I added the blue border and highlighted the sentiment using Copic markers, then assembled/glued the flowers.

Here's a picture that shows the standing card, opened:

May all your Dreams come true - open view

One more photo from the front:

May all your Dreams come true - front view

Below is the Color Swatch for this week's challenge.






If you have time and want to check out what the other Designers have created here they are :)!!!~
And here's the link to the Color Throwdown Challenge!!


Card Recipe and Details:
  • Rubbernecker May All Your Dreams stampset
  • White Card Stock
  • Black ink, Copic Markers - BG01, BG02, YG17 & YG21
  • Sizzix Heart Nesting Dies, Cheery Lynn Deesigns Fanciful Flourish, MS Pine Punch
  • Paper Roses, Scorpal and Scortape

Thank you everyone for stopping by - hope these colors inspired you like they did me :).

Blessings,
Audrey

12 comments:

Marisa said...

Lovely flower cluster and LOVE the heart shaped card!! Smart girl having the sentiment placed on the side so the card can be read when "standing"

Benzi said...

Beautiful creation! A heart card says it all for a wedding.

Winnie and Patty said...

What a gorgeous card Audrey! I love all of those roses!!!! Just beautiful! TFS

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Audrey. As is often my way of doing things, prior to reading the post, I click on the photos to see them enlarged, and really look "things" over. When I did that, my favorite piece to your magnificent creation was the white flourish which you hand colored. So I had to read the entire post to discover how you made your card. Then I saw "hand colored the flourish". Did you use regular water based markers for that? I love the effect, and it looks particularly great with these colors. The sentiment is pretty, too - I have not seen that one before, and it is so versatile, isn't it? Audrey, I hope you enjoy your nephew's wedding, and that they enjoy a long, happy life together. Thanks for sharing your gorgeous card. hugs, de

Karon said...

Beautiful card - love the heart shape and what a fabulous sentiment. Such wonderful flowers. TFS.

Lori said...

Gorgeous card--perfect for such a special occasion!

Joan Ervin said...

What a beautiful wedding card, Audrey...I love the heart shape and OMG...your flowers are all gorgeous!!!!!

Broni said...

This is such a beautiful design, Audrey, and so perfect for your nephew's wedding card! I'm sure the happy couple just adored it!

Kim said...

What an amazing card Audrey!! I love the roses and how you have used the colors!!

pam124 said...

WOW Audrey, you WORKED YOUR MAGIC on this one. I love how when the heart is angled, the sentiment is straight. GREAT job on the colors, flowers - everything! I hope all is well. I hear I missed Roberta's visit again. I'll call soon!

Lynn Put said...

WOWZA, this is gorgeous! Love the heart shaped card with all of your beautiful roses!

Wanda Cullen said...

What a stunning wedding card!! Love those roses and the great sentiment! I'm sure your nephew and his new bride will treasure this work of art!