Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Sweet Cupcake Birthday!!


Hello Stamping Friends!!  Hope all is well.  Very busy here with travel for work and some home remodeling projects (all good stuff), but haven't had much time to make my normal visits to all my friends in Blogland or on SCS lately.  Things will be back to normal here very soon, so please know I'm thinking about you all :)!!

Meanwhile I have a new card to share - for today's ODBD SLC #149.  This week we're having fun with shaped cards - we're making projects that are anything but square or rectangular in shape.

I had fun with this one!  My card is for a special little girl, and it's made using ODBD's Cupcake Plate stamp.  To make it I stamped the Gingham background in pink, then stamped over with the Cupcake Stamp twice - once for the main image and a second time for the popped cherry and candies.  Then I stamped the Happy Birthday and delicately cut out all those elements.

Sweet Cupcake Birthday

Then I sprinkled some chunky clear art glitter on the frosting, swished Liquid Pearls on the candy icing, dotted bright red Stickles on the Cherry and covered the cupcake plate/stand in glassy glaze and added foam tape to the back.

Here's a close-up of the Cupcake:

Sweet Cupcake Close-up

To make the back panels I stamped two layers in Gingham - these are both the same color, but one is stamped off to get a lighter look.  These layers are die cut using SB Peony dies.  The circle panels include three die cuts in the smaller panel - one in Black, then two offset each in a different Pink color.  The black panel is dotted with white liquid pearls - all three layers are adhered as one panel and popped over the card base.

Here's another photo showing all the layers and dimension:

Sweet Cupcake Birthday - Alt View

Here are pictures of the ODBD Stamp sets used in this project:






To see more, or to join us in this week's ODBDSLC #149, please stop over for a visit here.  We'd love for you to play along, and if you do you'll have a chance to win a $15.00 Gift Certificate, which can be used toward stamps at the Our Daily Bread Designs store!!  Just submit your entry by Sunday, March 24th at 8:00 p.m. EST.  Plus if you use Our Daily Bread Designs Stamps your card may be featured in the Top Three.  


See below for links to the wonderful projects my DT Sisters have created for you:
 Chris Olsen  /  Diana Nguyen   /  Cathy McCauley  /  Kathy Roney  /  Jan Marie Ennenga

Plus our guest designer for the next two months:  Gloria Stengel

Card Details/Recipe:
  • ODBD Cupcake Plate, Gingham Background and Little Girls Stamps
  • White, Black, Pretty in Pink and Mellon Mambo Card Stock
  • Black, Old Olive, Pretty in Pink and Mellon Mambo Ink
  • Spellbinders Peony, Standard and Grand Circle Dies
  • Liquid Pearls, Chunky Clear Art Glitter, Glassy Glaze, Bakers Twine and Foam Tape
Card Challenges:
As always I appreciate your visit - I hope you found some inspiration while you were here!!  

Before I go wanted to show you a Tutorial I submitted on the ODBD Blog in the "Time with" segment - it's a fun little Gift Box perfect for gifting hand made cards or any other special gift that fits inside.  Box dimensions are approximately 5" x 6" - here's a link to that post:  ODBD Time with Audrey


Sing to the Lord Gift Box

Thanks again for stopping by - your visit is appreciated.

Hugs and Blessings,
Audrey

26 comments:

Benzi said...

What a darling card for a birthday girl. I love, love the gingham and the pretty design. Yummy is the word for that cupcake.

Your gift box is great. I'll have to check out your tutorial.

Cathymac said...

How delightful, Audrey! Love the luscious layers of gingham and the striking color combination on this yummy circle card! Your attention to detail is exquisite! Hugs!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a stunning round card Audrey!! I just love all the layers, the round shape, and your use of gingham with the beautifully colored image!!! Your project is gorgeous!!! I just love the swirled border, the coloring of your bird, and the elegant design!!

Have a blessed day!!

Hugs!
Chris

Marisa said...

You know I love round cards and this one is great :) Such a fun cupcake image. FABULOUS card holder too!!!

Gloria Stengel said...

This is wonderful. I love gingham (I used it on my card, too!) and think that this is such a sweet way to use it. Love that cupcake!

Desire Fourie said...

Gorgeously creative. Loving the colours, designs and attention to detail. Saw this on MIM and had to come over for a closer look. {I would love you to take part in my 500 Follower Give-away. Thank you so much if you have already entered.} Hugs Desíre {Doing Life}

Creative M said...

Stunning & Beautiful cards!!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥

Karon said...

Such a gorgeous card - love that gingham background, wow!!! The gift box is beautiful, love the papers and that little bird is wonderful. TFS

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Audrey - two beautiful projects - each as different from the other as can be! You're a genius the way the plaid stamp was utilized for every layer and image on your card - it looks great! And the box is so pretty - elegant colors and wonderful design. Thanks for sharing! hugs, de

Sylv said...

Fabulous card, love all thye layering and the yummy cupcake. Thanks for joining us for the Crafty Bloggers Network Challenge.

Sylvia xx (DT)

Diana Nguyen said...

So yummy! The colors remind me of Sweet Frog - now I want some dessert! Love both projects!

Kathy said...

Audrey, both of these are gorgeous! I love how you did the Gingham background with that adorable cupcake! Your tutorial box is just stunning! Blessings! Kathy

Grace said...

Hi Audrey! Oh your cards always blow me away! I just love this round card and the gingham is great in the different shades! Love the patterned cupcake! You always do such beautiful work and your tutorial was a real wow!!! Thanks so much for all you do!
hugs,
Grace

Shirley-anne said...

Love the diecuts used and the gingham paper ..The image looks yummie . Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday

niceneotech said...

As a child of God, I am greater than anything that can happen to me.Peadiatric Intensive Care Unit

pam124 said...

Audrey, all those layers are awesome! I love the different shapes and the use of your liquid pearls. And, what a yummy cupcake. Great gingham b/g too. Way 2 go my friend!

Claire Newcombe said...

wonderful combination of colours.

Thanks for joining us at Artisitic Inspirations this week.
Claire x

Linda Compton said...

Saw this on MIM and sure am glad I popped over for a closeup. The cupcake is awesome with that chunky glitter frosting. Then I saw "Sing To The Lord" gift box. My goodness that is a true masterpiece. Love the finished piece. Have a great weekend Linda

Dana said...

I love your card! The colors and the design! I saw your post on MIM.

TLady said...

"SWEET" CARD Audrey!!!!!! :) That special little girl you've made this for will LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!! :) WHAT LITTLE GIRL DOESN'T LOVE CUP CAKES???? :)
AND I LOVE your box TOO!!!!!!!:)
THANKS FOR COMING OVER & JOINING my blog!!!!!!!!!!!! SO VERY SWEET OF YOU!!!!!!!!!

Julia said...

I saw your beautiful creation on Make It Monday and had to visit and take a closer look. Gorgeous! TFS!

My entries are #2 and #212.

I would love to have you visit my blogs: Paper and Scraps Creations by Julia and My Art... Healing The Soul and become a follower.

Hugs,

Julia

Inkyfingers said...

What a gorgeous creation. I love the layers and texture - and the cake looks good enough to eat!

Jan Marie said...

SOOO sweet!! Love the cupcake circle card with its cheery design and color combination and LOVE, LOVE, LOVE your "Time With" project. It is so fantastic and so very beautiful!! Love everything about it!! Thanks for sharing! Hugs and blessings!

Carol (Gingerbeary8) said...

These projects are so sweet Audrey. It is always a treat to stop by your blog for some spectacular inspiration. Your style is just awesome.
Bear Hugs,
Carol

Ger said...

Gorgeous card, love the touch of glitter. Thankyou for joining us this month at Crafty Bloggers Network.
Geraldine M
CBN DT

Pothys said...

An Edwardian lady in full dress was a wonder to behold, and her preparations for viewing were awesome.silks saree