Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Faith is Seeing Light with your Heart

Hi Everyone!  It's another beautiful Tuesday here with lots going on.  Hope it's a beautiful day for you too - and I hope you find some inspiration and joy during your visit today.

My card is for ODBD's Shining Light Challenge #152 - using stitching on a project.  I don't bring out the sewing machine as often as I'd like, primarily because I have no room for it in my work space.  But for today's card I made some room :)!!

For this card I wanted darker colors and a bit of sparkle - to really speak to the meaning of the quote.  So rather than white or vanilla, I used Crumb Cake and Black card stock and some coordinating flocked paper.  First I stamped the quote from Quote Collections 3 in craft black ink and embossed it, then die cut that top panel.

Faith is seeing Light with your Heart

Then I die-cut two more SB Panels in the flocked paper and added extra fine Black Glitter around the edges.  I then layered all using foam tape and set aside.  The next step was to emboss the Crumb Cake layer using an embossing folder, and stitch that layer to the black card base using a wide zig-zag stitch on my sewing machine.


Faith - Alternate View

The last step was to add the Ribbon and flower element.  The ribbon was made using Becca's Bow Maker, then adorned with a beautiful red/burgundy Rose and punched pine accent.  Below is a close-up that shows some of these details.

Faith - Close-up

It's hard to see in the photos but the glitter adds so much subtle sparkle, and really brightens this card in real life.  I love this quote - it's so true, and is a great reminder that we can put heart and love into all that we do, even when things look bleak.  I find in my own life that it's during those times that if I open my heart and keep faith, I am able to realize all the little miracles that happen every day - usually in the smallest of things.  Miracles that I may overlook during normal or happier times.  Little things that are true miracles to me, that let me know I'm not alone and that I'm on the right track.

Anyway - below is the stamp set I used for this project:



For more inspiration please check out what my DT Sisters have created for you!!

Guest Designer:  Gloria Stengel


If you're interested in more details about the Shining Light Challenges or if you'd like to play along this week, please visit us here.  We'd love to see your wonderful creations!!!  And if you join in the fun you'll have a chance to win a $15.00 Gift Certificate toward Our Daily Bread Designs stamps.  Just submit your entry by 8pm EST on Sunday May 5th - and if you use Our Daily Bread Designs stamps your card may be featured in the Top Three Designs!!

Card Recipe & Details:
  • ODBD Quote Collection 3
  • Crumb Cake card stock and coordinating Flocked Paper
  • Craft Black Ink
  • Spellbinders Labels 18 Dies, MS Pine Punch
  • Burgundy-red paper rose
Card Challenges:

Thank you for your visit and for staying in touch with all  your sweet and heartfelt comments.  I hope you found some inspiration here today - and that you have a wonderful rest of your week!

Blessings to you!
Audrey






13 comments:

Marisa said...

What a fabulous sentiment!! Love it! So, so true :) Great colour combo and wonderful layering on yoru card. Beautiful creation.

Grace said...

Audrey this is so gorgeous!!! Love the zigzag stitching, and that glitter.... oh my!!! I'm in love!!! Beautifully done!!!
hugs,
Grace

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

How stunning Audrey!! I love the colors, embossing, and the layers!!
Hugs,
Chris

pam124 said...

Audrey, this is as beautiful as is your heartfelt spirit. I absolutely love the color combo and your use of so many beautiful details. It is really capturing and encouraging. I had a very stressful day today - one of those when I felt like I wasn't going to be able to handle all that was on my plate, so this card lifted my spirits! I hope we can get together again soon, but I'm not sure when at this point. Take care my friend and keep up the terrific and inspiring work!

Karon said...

Gorgeous card - love all the layers and the fabulous embossing! TFS

Wanda Cullen said...

What gorgeous layers! Love this card! Psst...sent you an email.

Jo Ann said...

This is so amazing...I love the sentiment but love your lay-out and design. Blingy elegant, I must say! Thanks for blessing us with your artwork at Word Art Wednesday. Please join us again as we start another Challenge today. God bless!

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

Benzi said...

Beautiful creation, Audrey!

Sandy said...

Fabulous card, great colours and love all the layers. Wonderful uplifting quote.
Thanks for linking up with Make It Monday this week.
Remember, to be in the running to win the prize from our sponsor this week just leave a comment for another entry. Be sure to mention you saw them on Make It Monday. The more entries you comment on the more chances you have of winning!
Hugs,
Sandy

Cathymac said...

Love the cream and black color combination, Audrey, and the addition of the glittered edges makes this a truly elegant card! What a gorgeous creation! Hugs!

Donna Ellis said...

Beautiful monochromatic colors, and lovely layers, Audrey! hugs, de
{Creative Smiles}

Kathy said...

What a beautiful and elegant creation, Audrey! I love the black with the crumbcake! Blessings! Kathy

Elena said...

Wow!! It's fantastic!! I love it!! I saw you on Make It Monday.