Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Amazing Grace, How Sweet the Sound

Hello Stamping and Blogging friends - Happy Tuesday!  Thank you for stopping by - today I have a new ODBDSLC card to share, for Challenge #150.  This challenge is about Scripture or Hymns - and I chose to use my new Chalkboard Amazing Grace stamp.

I love the chalkboard stamps because depending on the ink and paper used they can add so much natural texture.  I had purple on my mind and as you can see went with a monochromatic look!


Amazing Grace - How Sweet the Sound!!

To make this card I stamped the Amazing Grace image on Pale Plum card stock using Perfect Plum ink - twice.  Then I die cut both layers and trimmed the top one and popped it over the other.      Then I stamped it one more time to cut out and pop the words Amazing and Grace.  These are delicately cut out and covered in Glassy Glaze.

Amazing Grace - Alt View
The next step was to stamp and die cut the Butterflies using the Butterfly Branch stamp and coordinating Die set.  After this was die-cut I did a bit of trimming to separate the butterflies.  They are also covered in some areas with Glassy Glaze.

Amazing Grace - How Sweet the Sound

I love the soft look of this card and I hope you all like it too!!  Here are the stamps and dies I used for this project:





If you'd like to see more, or join in on this week's ODBDSLC #150, please stop by for a visit HERE.  We'd love to see your wonderful creations, and if you decide to play along you'll have a chance to win a $15.00 Gift Certificate to be used toward stamps at the Our Daily Bread Designs store!!!  All you have to do is submit your entry by Sunday April 21st at 8:00pm EST.  Plus if you use Our Daily Bread Designs Stamps your card may be featured in the Top Three!!

Below are links to all the wonderful projects from my DT Sisters - I know you'll find some inspiration here:

April & May Guest Designer is:  Gloria Stengel

Card Details / Recipe:
Card Challenges:



Thank you so much for stopping by - I hope you found some inspiration.  Enjoy your week - until next time :)!!!

Blessing,
Audrey

15 comments:

Diana Nguyen said...

Love how you popped up the Amazing Grace! I missed the butterflies on the first viewing - but your cards are always so beautiful I always look at least twice! :)

Donna Ellis said...

Sigh... I am at peace now... all is well, I'm at Audrey's delightful place. Just LOVE monochromatic cards that are done like this, Miss Audrey. Soft colors, several shades and textures, because little embellishments, the eyes keep looking for "what is next" to feast upon. Each layer a slightly different hue or texture - a gorgeous card, Audrey, and one to keep forever. Thanks for the awesome inspiration this morning! hugs, de
{Creative Smiles}

Benzi said...

Just beautiful, Audrey, in every way. Now, I'll be singing Amazing Grace all day...well, that's not a bad thing, is it? :-)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

How pretty Audrey!! I love the colors and all the layers with the dp!!Gorgeous!!
Hugs,
Chris

Gloria Stengel said...

Looks awesome in that color! The whole card is stunning!

Grace said...

Oh how pretty Audrey!!! Love the soft tones and the gorgeous layering... and your flower is over the top! Love all your little details! Gorgeous creation!
hugs,
Grace

Karon said...

Fabulous card - love the colour :-) WOW I love those butterflies they are stunning. TFS

JD said...

Very nicely done...beautiful colors!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Fabulous use of these new ODBD goodies! I like the purple hues you chose....my fave color. :) I must be living under a rock, and didn't realize you are on their team. Good for you! I think it's a perfect fit for you and them, Audzi.

Kathy said...

Gorgeous card, Audrey! I love it in the purples and all the little details you added with the banner and butterflies! Blessings! Kathy

Pop, Paper, Scissors said...

I love the color you chose and that you did keep it monochromatic. I've also used this die to shape a card and I really it. The placement of those butterflies is just perfect. I'm so happy to see that your blog is do so well.
Gail

Cathymac said...

What a beautiful monochromatic design, Audrey! Love the way you popped up Amazing Grace and added glossy effects to some of the elements! A gorgeous layered creation with a life changing message! Hugs!

pam124 said...

Audrey, I was wondering where your ODBD card was this week. I didn't see it on SCS. I'm glad I visited or I would have missed this beauty. Your colors are awesome and details divine! Your never disappoint my friend! Hugs!

Conniecrafter said...

Such beautiful color and just love all the dimension you brought to this, the glaze highlights it perfectly!

Cards By Jan said...

This is beautiful...I so love the soft colours!!