Sunday, March 3, 2013

Shout for Joy - Masculine CAS

Happy Sunday Everyone!!  Had a little stamping time today and am so glad to have been able to play in a couple of SCS and a few very fun Blog Challenges.  One of the SCS Challenges is today's Featured Stamper Challenge - today's FS is Suen on SCS and her gallery is filled with wonderful creations and I was inspired by so many of her CAS beauties!  I found several I'd like to CASE but needed a quick Masculine card so chose this beauty for my inspiration:  Sue's Patriotic Collage Beauty .

This is a Masculine CAS CASE!!  It's a one layer card, and it's made using one of my many favorite ODBD stamps - Keep Climbing.

To make this card I first stamped the Keep Climbing Scene at the very bottom of my card front and then started sponging the clouds.  After that I dabbed an Illuminate Stamp pad over the entire area, to give it a misty quality.  That added a bit of depth by highlighting different areas.  Then I used a couple of very fine Copic Marking pens (brown and black) to brighten and re-define the mountain and trees - to make the scene stand out a bit more.

Shout for Joy you Heavens!!

The last step was to stamp and sponge the die-cut sentiment tag and add the hemp/twine.  I sponged the tag in a bit of the same blue used on the sky/clouds and then sponged just a little bit of the brown around the edge of the tag and the card as well.

Here's a close-up photo of the tag.

Tag Close-up

This card was fun and easy - and that's saying a lot considering Masculine cards are not the easiest for me.  Plus I am still practicing my CAS skills - and this is an OLC card (except for the sentiment tag)!!


Card Recipe and other details:
  • Vanilla Naturals Cardstock (it has natural specs - which I like for masculine cards)
  • Espresso for stamping and sponging (edges), Bashful and Bordering Blue for sponging of the sky/clouds and two super fine Copic pens (brown and black)
  • ODBD Keep Climbing Stamp set
  • Cheery Lynn Designs French Flair Scalloped nesting dies
  • Brown Hemp/Twine

Card Challenges:

Thanks everyone for stopping by for a visit.  Work and business travel has kept me away and I hope to be back with a more regular schedule next week!!  I've missed my time in Blogland lately.

Blessings to you all!
Audrey


18 comments:

pam124 said...

Audrey, I think I might have caught you 1st on SCS and your blog to comment! I LOVE the way you've used these images. The verse is so comforting and I love your brown hemp twine. You always know how to put part of yourself into all your creations and this is no exception! Hugs!

Marisa said...

Love the clouds you created and the lovely scene as well. Fabulous verse too!

Emily Keaton said...

Audrey, this masculine card rocks! It looks almost like a vintage hand-tinted photo – wow! Your clouds are awesome, too. :-)

Karon said...

Fabulous card - love the scene, what a wonderful masculine card - love the colours. TFS

baileyrosy.com said...

Hi Audrey, have to say you card totally blew me away !! What a fabulous scene you have created here for us the layout, colouring, stamping and verse are just perfection. So glad you found us at ATCAS and thanks so much for sharing.

Marie

nwilliams6 said...

Audzi, this is wonderful! One the prettiest masculine cards I have ever seen. I love the whole thing! The twine treatment is very special as is the sentiment. Major Wow card for sure! Hugz!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Great sky sponging, Audzi. This card is so 'Montana'...what I picture in my mind when I see your rugged scene. :)

pinky said...

I just love this. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
Pinky

Donna Ellis said...

A wonderful CAS, Audrey - except it is so pretty, it does not feel CAS at all! LOL I have fallen in love with your style, Audrey - everything you do looks awesome! Have you seen the new challenge on Mondays? "Cards in Envies" (cards which fit inside envies - no more than 1/4" ) this would go great there! hugs, de

Sue said...

Beautiful stamping and colouring and your clouds look so effective, a fabulous men's card! Thank you for joining us at ATCAS.

Stacy aka Twinshappy on SCS said...

Beautiful masculine card and awesome 1 layer card.

Lorraine said...

marvellous card love all the movement in it

Shana Gaff said...

Wow! What a work of art! I love the sponged clouds and all that twine is fantastic! Thanks for playing at ATCAS this week!

Carol (Gingerbeary8) said...

Wow, for a guy card that sure is right purdee! Love your clouds and how beautifully colored the scene is. Fantastic.
Bear Hugs,
Carol

Francesca said...

Beautiful creation

Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations

Francesca x

Sandy said...

Great layout to your card. That stamp looks so great the way you have done it. Thanks for joining us at Challenges 4 Everybody. Good Luck!
Sandy :) DT

wannabcre8tive said...

This is one fabulous card, I love the clouds.

Ellie Knol said...

Fabulously beautiful!!