Tuesday, March 12, 2013

May your Love Increase Always!!

Hi Everyone - Happy Tuesday!  Hope all is well.  I have a new ODBD SLC Challenge card to share with you - we're celebrating Our Daily Bread Designs' 5th Anniversary - how exciting is that!!  There is lots of fun events being planned in honor of this milestone, so look for more to come very soon!!!  

This project went through a couple of transformations before the creative process was complete, but the last few additions took it to the level I was after, and I'm glad for that.  I started with a square card base outlined in Silver Leaf Pen, then die-cut and mounted the Scalloped Square Doily Frame and added lots of die-cut leaves.  

May your Love Increase Always!!
Then I stamped, cut and created the Sentiment and Ribbon/Bow arrangement, played with the placement of a bit, and then hit a snag.  Everything was coming together, but with the larger sentiment and huge statement-bow, the project just seemed to be calling out for something more.

So I completely switched gears and took the puppies for a walk around the neighborhood.  My 75lb four-year-olds are quite a treat to walk - thankfully they are fairly well behaved and no longer think they are the pack leaders LOL!!  After that I felt refreshed and renewed.

Happy Anniversary Front View
So it was easy to see once I returned to my workspace, that the card needed and wanted some more Bling!!  Hey, this is a 5-year Anniversary - why not!!??!!  I quickly found this sweet double-heart charm and the perfect sparkly corner gem-flourishes.  Getting these flourishes on was a little tricky because the card base and leaves were already assembled, but thankfully there was no glue around the edges so the leaves easily lifted out of the way.

At that point I adhered the sentiment and bow, added a few dots of pink liquid pearls and finished the inside.  Below is a close-up of the fun Button/Ribbon/Charm arrangement and the sentiment banner.

Happy Anniversary - Close-up View


If you'd like to join in on the Anniversary Fun for this week's ODBDSLC #146, visit us here.  If you decide to play along you'll have a chance to win a $15.00 Gift Certificate, which can be used toward stamps at the Our Daily Bread Designs store!!  Just submit your entry by Sunday, March 17th at 8:00 p.m. EST.  Plus if you use Our Daily Bread Designs Stamps your card may be featured in the Top Three.  See below for links to what my DT Sisters have created for you:



Card Recipe and other details:
  • White, Certainly Celery, Pear Pizaz and Olive Card Stock / Certainly Celery and Melon Mambo Ink
  • ODBD All Occasion Sentiment and Antique Lable Designs Stamp sets
  • ODBD Antique Label and Border Die, CLD Dutch Scallop Square Doily, Memory Box Meadow & Lorelai Leaf and Delicate Fern dies
  • May Arts Ribbon, Silver Cord, Gem Corner Flourishes, Pink Liquid Pearlsz and Button/Heart Charm from stash

Card Challenges:


That's all for now - hope you all have a fabulous day and enjoy wherever life takes you this week!!  Thanks everyone!!

Blessings,
Audrey

19 comments:

Emily Keaton said...

Holy cannoli, Audrey! My jaw is hanging open in awe of all the details you included on this incredibly fancy and utterly gorgeous card! Anything in pink and green always makes me smile :-).

Bridget said...

Wow! And I repeat - Wow! This card deserves to be wrapped in a box like a present and then framed in a 3-D frame so that it can be admired long term! The detail is amazing and beautiful, Audrey!

Jackie C said...

Who would not treasure this forever!! Hugs jackie C, this is a worthy MIM entry.

Donna Ellis said...

Audrey, thanks for taking the close-ups - WOW! Just beautiful! Probably, pink and green are my favorite color combo - it is always so inspiring, peaceful, and just happy. Loved hearing about your creative process, and glad I'm not the only one who must leave things behind and come back to finish them with a fresh mind. LOVE all the layers, the pretty bling along the bottom to balance with the little charm. HowEVER did you tie that little silver bow. You are my hero! All your little thoughtful details make your card very special. xo

pam124 said...

Audrey, this is STUNNING! I LOVE the ribbon, button and charm treatment. So lovely! I also love your beautiful layers, colors, diecuts, bling and sentiment. This card has it ALL!

Karon said...

Such a gorgeous card - fabulous colours and I adore that ribbon bow! TFS

Sabrina aka okimom2girlz said...

Oh my goodness, Audrey, this is such a beautiful card! I love all of those layers and that square doily.....awesome! I so need that one....sigh, another item added to my never ending "want to have list". :D:D:D Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Kathy said...

Audrey, this is just gorgeous! I love all the layers and that beautiful bow! The charm and pearl go perfect! I too would love that doily die! Blessings! Kathy

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Audrey, this is stunning!! I love the colors with that beautiful polka dot bow and all the sparkle!! Gorgeous!!
Hugs,
Chris

Jan Marie said...

Oh Audrey!! LOVE this beauty! The colors, the layers, the bling, the lacey feel and that polka dot ribbon topped with that heart charm! Girl, this is over the top beautiful!! Hugs and blessings!

Faye's Paper Passion said...

Fabulous card and colors Audrey. I saw this on MIM. Faye

Conniecrafter said...

So pretty, love that big bow and, love the greenery around the edges to frame it!

The Happy Crafter said...

love this card, so pretty and so much detail. sarah xx

Grace said...

Oh Audrey this is soooo gorgeous! I love every single detail, and there are many of them!!! Love all the leaves, the liquid pearls, and bling! Your bow is beautiful!!

Cathymac said...

Gorgeous, Audrey...a feast for the eyes! So many wonderful details on this beautiful anniversary card! Love the little heart charm and the springy combination of colors...the bow, the greenery, and the bling are just delightful! Hugs!

wannabcre8tive said...

Just gorgeous, I love the dotted ribbon and the gems.

Benzi said...

A beautiful card, Audrey, and you finished it so well with that scrumptious ribbon, pretty charm, and brad.It's a winner, for sure.

Jackie C said...

Wow, what can I say! this is amazing! Saw your card on MIM and had to look!

TLady said...

LOVE THIS! BRIGHT & CHEERY! AND that polka-dot ribbon is a NICE SURPRISE! :)