Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Let the Earth Rejoice - Shabby Chic

Hello Stamping Friends - hope your week is going well!!  And if it's Winter where you are, I hope your starting to see signs of Spring in your garden.  It's brrrr cold here this morning, but there are blooms in the yard and soon it will feel like Spring in the air - yippee!!

Today is Tuesday, and that means a new ODBD Challenge card to share.  This week's challenge is based on a Sketch - and I really had fun with it.  I went with a shabby chic look for a change - I so love this style, especially when created by those who have mastered the art of Shabby Chic.  Andrea Ewen is one of those people.  She is a true master of this style, and I drew inspiration from her on this one.

Let the Earth Rejoice!!

I loved the Sketch and decided to change it up just a little by using ribbon to create two 'tails' and keeping the sentiment as part of the focal area.  For this project I'd already chosen the Special Blend Label stamp with the verse from Let the Earth Rejoice, along with a special doily from my stash, so the next step was to bring everything together with some fun shabby-chic elements.

First I stamped and delicately cut the Special Blend label, then stamped and cut-out the verse.  Then I stamped the background panel with the Fish Background stamp and sponged/distressed all of those layers.  At that point I added little dots of white Liquid Pearls around the card and sentiment borders and let everything dry.

I made a bow, added the pretty flower on top, then added a couple of stick pins with pearls and beads to the arrangement. Here's a close-up of the sentiment and flower details:

Let the Earth Rejoice - Close-up

The last step was to put it all together.  Here's a link to Andrea's Blog in case you want to check out her amazing talent!  And here's a link to the ODBDSLC #145.  Below are pictures of the inspiration Sketch as well as the stamps used for this project:









To see more, or to join us in this week's ODBDSLC #145 Sketch Challenge, visit us here.  If you decide to play along you'll have a chance to win a $15.00 Gift Certificate, which can be used toward stamps at the Our Daily Bread Designs store!!  Just submit your entry by Sunday, March 10th at 8:00 p.m. EST.  Plus if you use Our Daily Bread Designs Stamps your card may be featured in the Top Three.  See below for links to what my DT Sisters have created for you:


Card Recipe and other details:

Card Challenges:
Thanks everyone for stopping by - hope you enjoyed your visit here today.

Hugs and Blessings!
Audrey


22 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a gorgeous shabby chic design Audrey!! So elegant and textured!! Great combo of stamps too!! Gorgeous Easter card!!
hugs,
Chris

Donna Ellis said...

How lovely, Audrey! That stamp and matching die look gorgeous! The wide ribbon is so pretty. It's a pretty card with wonderful springy layers and colors!

Marisa said...

Beautifully done. Love the way you used the ribbon and the doily and flower are perfect on this.

Bridget said...

Wow, layer after layer of gorgeousness, Audrey - you really showcased this verse beautifully in fabulous pink and white. I can see someone putting this card up forever, or framing it!

Emily Keaton said...

Audrey, this is just dripping with shabby beauty!! Your lovely layers make this so gorgeous. :)

Cathymac said...

Lovely layers and pretty colors make this shabby card just beautiful, Audrey! Love the doily and the pearl flourish along with the fabulous ribbon and floral accent...a stunning sketch sample! Hugs!

Kathy said...

Gorgeous shabby chic, Audrey! I love all your pearls and lace and how you did the background! Blessings! Kathy

Lee Ann Barrett said...

Gorgeous, Audrey! You did Andrea proud!

Chrissy said...

Beautiful card Audrey, love the design and beautiful verse..
Thanks for sharing with us at Make it Monday..

Luv CHRISSYxx

nwilliams6 said...

Audzi, this is beautiful as usual. You really make these ODBD sentiments shine - I have always loved them but when you make a card with them, they look even better! The gorgeous flower and sweet touches you added really make this special. Love it. Hugz!

Benzi said...

Beautifully done, Audrey. I do love the flower treatment with the gorgeous rose, ribbon, and stick pins.
We're expecting temps this weekend in the low 70's and lots of sunshine. That will certainly feel like Spring is on the way. Can't wait.

Claire Newcombe said...

just beautiful. So pretty, floral and feminine with a lovely sentiment.


Thank you for joining us at Crafty Bloggers Network challenge.
Claire x
(DT member)

Grace said...

Audrey this is soooo pretty! I love the softness to it... the pink, the shabby feel... it is just beautiful!!!

craftygranny said...

great image, fab colours . love it . Thanks for sharing at challenges 4 everybody . Hugs Trisha x dt

pam124 said...

Audrey, sorry so far behind. I'm playing catch up. Wow, what a BEAUTY. I love your array of pink tones and that ribbon treatment is so original. I LOVE that you used the liquid pearls for the framing - have to remember that one. Your sentiment, flower, ribbon and pin treatment are absolutely STUNNING! Miss you - Hugs!

Lagene said...

Gorgeous card!

Barbara Bruder said...

Audrey, your card is so pretty. I especially love the wide ribbon and the flowers and doily as they highlight the verse on your card.Very nice.

Julia said...

I saw your beautiful creation on Make It Monday and had to visit and take a closer look. Gorgeous! TFS!

My entries are: #211, #213, #229, and #235.

I would love to have you visit my blogs: Paper and Scraps Creations by JuliaMe and Myself on the Dark… and My Art... Healing The Soul.

Hugs,

Julia

Cards By Jan said...

Wow Audrey!! is this ever GORGEOUS!! wow again...I love all the pretty details!!
Hugs

Winnie and Patty said...

Audrey--this card is so beautiful! I love everything about it! TFS

Carol (Gingerbeary8) said...

Audrey this is so pretty. The ribbon in the background is so eye catching and the doily compliments the stamp beautifully. And let me just mention that gorgeous flower. Aaaaaa, it just makes me sigh. Spectacular!
Bear Hugs,
Carol

Sylvia Blum said...

Adorable card, Audrey! I like the soft, monochromatic look and the shabby touch of it!
{hugs} Sylvia