Tuesday, March 26, 2013

For God so Loved the World

Good Morning Everyone - Happy Tuesday!  I hope you see some Sunshine as you go through your day today :)!!

I have a new ODBD Challenge Card today, in celebration of Easter.  ODBDSLC #148 - He is Risen with pastels.  This card came together rather quickly even though it looks like it could have been complicated with all the dimension and texture.  I started by stamping the cross and sentiment in Crumb Cake (the cross image was stamped-off once to get a lighter, softer look behind the scripture).  Then I die-cut and sponged that panel, also using crumb cake.

For God so Loved the World

The next step was to emboss the background layer, and mat that onto another vanilla layer.  Then I die-cut the tree branches, arranged them in a sort-of oval behind the main image panel and adhered them into place with dimensionals.  Once that was complete I added the main panel onto a second layer of dimensionals.  I wanted to give the branches room to sort-of move - with some higher and some lower.  Here's a close-up of the scripture panel:

Scripture Close-up

At this point I was ready for the final embellishments.  I'd planned to create a floral arrangement at the bottom right, and then saw this perfect Bow that I'd made a few weeks ago using my new Becca's Bow Maker (it was a practice bow!).  The color was so perfect, it was definitely one of those 'meant to be' moments.  I love when that happens :)!!  The last step was to add the vanilla ribbon-flowers from my stash.  These are pre-made but maybe one day I'll learn how to make them by hand - that would be great.


Bow with Rose Close-up

The photo above shows a close-up of the ribbon.  It's a very sheer slightly curly ribbon, and it's actually a Gold-ish Crumb Cake color - although it looks more vanilla in a couple of these photos.  Anyway I love how it looks on this card.  Here's one more picture.

For God so Loved the World - Alternative View

Here's the stamp set I used for this project:




To see more, or to join us in this week's ODBDSLC #148, please stop over for a visit here.  If you decide to play along you'll have a chance to win a $15.00 Gift Certificate, which can be used toward stamps at the Our Daily Bread Designs store!!  Just submit your entry by Sunday, March 24th at 8:00 p.m. EST.  Plus if you use Our Daily Bread Designs Stamps your card may be featured in the Top Three.  

See below for links to the wonderful projects my DT Sisters have created for you:
 Chris Olsen  /  Diana Nguyen   /  Cathy McCauley  /  Kathy Roney  /  Jan Marie Ennenga

Card Recipe and other details:
  • Very Vanilla Card Stock w/Crumb Cake Ink (stamping and sponging)
  • ODBD He is Risen! Stamp set
  • Spellbinders Labels 18 and MBossabilities Brick, Memory Box Grand Oak Dies
  • Curly Ribbon, Ribbon Roses

Card Challenges:


That's all for today - thank you for stopping by!!  I hope you have a great week - and I hope it's warm wherever you are!!

Blessings to you,
Audrey



22 comments:

Emily Keaton said...

Absolutely stunning, Audrey!!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a stunning Easter card Audrey!! I just love the sheer elegance of the ivory and texture you added!! Gorgeous!!!
hugs,
Chris

scrappingnana said...

Wow, what an absolutely gorgeous Easter card. I love everything about your card, so many special details. Love the frame around the scripture. Thanks for sharing.

Diana Nguyen said...

Another elegant beauty! You just amaze me with how you crank out beauties after beauties... love the monochromatic card and all the details; that ribbon and ribbon flower is just delicious!

Kathy Bradley said...

Wha a gorgeous and elegant card - as are all of your creations!!

Marisa said...

Loving the cream on cream and you have framed that live giving verse fabulously! Gorgeous Easter card!!

Karon said...

Stunning card. I love the cream - it looks so calming and I love that bow. The scattering of little flowers just finish off this fabulous creation. WOW!

Cathymac said...

WOW! What creamy elegance, Audrey! Such beautiful accents adorn this gorgeous Easter Card...love your pretty bow, the tree sprigs, and the floral arrangement...all framing this verse which is the essence of the Easter season! Hope you have a wonderful Easter! Hugs!

Rea said...

Gorgeous card. I love all the details. Thanks for joining us this week at WAW.

Donna Ellis said...

Beautiful conveyance of the Passion, Audrey, down to the thorns and Rose of Sharon, symbolizing both the terrifying aspects, and the hopeful. It's a gorgeous card. Happy Easter, Audrey. hugs, de

Shirley-anne said...

Exquisite . A warm , all embracing creation , true to the message it conveys .
Love that bow . Thanks for sharing on Make it Monday

Benzi said...

A card couldn't be more beautiful. I love it!!!!

pam124 said...

Audrey, this is so STUNNING! I love the cream colors, the scripture, beautiful array of leaves surrounding the panel and your beautiful rose flowers. Your bow/flower treatment is to die for. This really has it all Audrey. Hugs!

Kathy said...

This is absolutely gorgeous Audrey! I love white on white with all the different textures showing! Blessings! Kathy

Kelley said...

A stunner of a card!! Love how it turned out!!!

Skye said...

A gorgeous card. Very elegant. Love the cream on cream.

Sandy said...

Beautiful, ethereal card....love it!

Julia said...



I saw your beautiful creation on Make It Monday and had to visit and take a closer look. Gorgeous! TFS!

My entries are: #4, #207, #213, and #236.

I would love to have you visit my blogs: Paper and Scraps Creations by Julia and My Art... Healing The Soul.

Hugs,

Julia

wannabcre8tive said...

Audrey, this is just beautiful.

TLady said...

GORGEOUS!!!!! :) WOW!!!!!!!!! :)

Jan Marie said...

Oh Audrey, this is just exquisite! So love the ivory/vanilla monochromatic theme and the richness of this work of art! Love the layers, the textures and the overall design, along with the wonderful scripture!! Beautiful work!

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Audrey, how on earth did I never see this card before? This is stunning!!!! WOWOWOWOWOW!!!