Tuesday, February 12, 2013

The Sky is the Limit!!

Hello Stamping Friends - hope all is well for you this Tuesday.  I have a new ODBD Challenge card to share with you today for ODBD SLC #142 - to use an Animal in your project.  As soon as I saw the challenge I knew exactly what I was going to do!!

To make this card I combined the Keep Climbing Stamp set with the Flying Eagle stamp.  I've been wanting to use these stamps together - so now I have my chance!


The Sky is the Limit!!

To make this card I stamped the ODBD Keep Climbing image and colored it using Copics.  Then I sponged the sky, added a few puffy clouds, and mounted that panel.  I stamped and colored the Eagle, also  using Copics, then carefully cut out the image.  To give the Eagle even more depth I used a stylus to gently expand the chest and wing areas, giving him a 3-D effect.  I also added a bit of Glassy Glazze to his beak and eye.  The effect is subtle, but definitely shows - especially in the real life card version :).

This photo shows some of that detail:

Flying Eagle Close-up

The last step was the placement.  I experimented a bit and finally decided a little fancy flourish would work to dress things up a bit and bring everything together, without taking away from the masculine feel.  I love the rugged yet soft and classic look of this card - and I hope you do too.

Keep Climbing - Alternate View

This card was made for a very special person on my team in our Randolph (Boston) office.  He is amazing in so many ways not only in his work but also as a person, and he will be truly missed.  Especially by those of us that worked closely with him every day.  For him, the Sky is the Limit!!  This card will be circulated and signed by everyone in our Randolph office this week.

Here are pictures of the sets used for this card:




To see more or to join in on the fun, check us out here.   If you join in you'll have a chance to win a $15 gift certificate to be used toward stamps at the Our Daily Bread Designs store!!  Just submit your entry by Sunday, February 17th at 8 p.m. EST.   If you use an Our Daily Bread Designs Stamps your card may be featured in the top three.   See below for links to what my DT Sisters have created for you.


 and our February Guest Designer - Becky Egecrone


Card Recipe and other details:
  • White, Black and Soft Suede Card Stock
  • Memento Black for the images and sentiment, Soft Sky, Baja Breeze and Bashful Blue for sponging of the sky
  • ODBD Keep Climbing and Flying Eagle Stampsets
  • Memory Box Corner Flourish, Spellbinders Ovals
  • Copic Markers:  E71, E55, #57, E84 & E87 w/bit of YG03 (Mtn/Trees) / Y15, Y17, E55 & W0 to W7 (Flying Eagle)
  • Pearls

Card Challenges:

Thank you for stopping by - hope you enjoyed your visit!!

Hugs and Blessings to everyone!
Audrey

22 comments:

  1. This is beyond gorgeous, Audrey! Looks like the eagle is soaring right off the card! Fabulous coloring and design! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, so regal and stunnying, Audrey, it's a real work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! Your card is so incredibly beautiful Audrey!! I just love your coloring and your combination of stamps to create your scene. I agree with Bridget...a real work of art!! Stunning in every way!! Your co worker will love it!!!
    hugs,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is just.the.most.amazing.card ever! You made the two sets from ODBD jump right up to the top of my wish list! Love the flourish in the corner - it's just the perfect touch; I wouldn't have thought to put it on a masculine card and yet you made it work out perfectly. When I grow up, I want to make cards like you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. To say this is AWESOME is an understatement Audrey. Your flying eagle looks fabulous and I love the beautiful scene you created. I love how the sentiment goes so well with the image and your diecut flourishes. Way 2 go on another ODB winner.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Audrey, this is such a stunning creation! A perfect masculine card. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a gorgeous image of that bald eagle. They nest up here and there are so many around it is amazing! One even has a "critter cam" on the nest with a live feed, and there are actually tours a bit further north to watch them fish in the river. Majestic and stunning birds and you have shown one it all it's glory on this fabulous card :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous combining of the two stamp sets, love the dimension you gave to the bird and beautiful sky too, those flourished work beautifully with it too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh double WOW ! I love eagles and this card is absolo=utely amazing. Love the stamps that you have used and the colouring and attention to detail. Have a fabulous week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!! What a gorgeous card Audrey!! I love this one, and what a combination!! couldn't be better!!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous card, and I know it will be treasured by Randolph and bring back such memories years from now (because he will NEVER throw it away). Love your coloring and your layering and that use of the flourish to hold the sentiment is sheer genius!! Blessing and hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a strong bold and striking card. Its refreshing to see a card like this......wish I was somewhere like this to watch the nature wander by.

    Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Bloggers Network,
    Claire x
    (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  13. An awesome card, Audrey. What a treasure for your work friend. The eagle looks so real and you made the flourish look so masculine...almost rope-like.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What an awesome combination of stamps, just perfect together! Beautiful coloring and I love that sky! Blessings! Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  15. Audrey this is amazing! I can't wait to pair these two sets one day soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow Audrey--this card is FABULOUS!!!! Having a DH who is retired from the Army, the bald eagle is very dear to us! You did an amazing job with the eagle and this card! TFS!!! hugs--Patty

    ReplyDelete
  17. Audrey, each one of your cards is prettier and prettier. What lovely colors, shading and composition in this work of art. The sky looks amazing, and the tiny details like the Glassy Glaze and gold die cut show how much you care. (I love that die, and it is in my stash, too). Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great scene, Audrey! It has such depth.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Now this is a work of art! Your eagle is wonderful and the say you shaded your mountains... just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  20. This looks like it was made of bronze. Everyting about this is so detailed down to the beek and the eye of the eagle. Just wonderful in so many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Audrey! What a stunning work of art this is! I don't know why I am surprised at this beauty, after all everything you do is stunning! You are a one-of-a-kind card maker, that is for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  22. GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) My husband likes this one TOO!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you! For your visit and your sweet comments - they bring me joy and for that I'm grateful. Hugs and Blessing!
Audrey