Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Easter Blessings to All

Hi Everyone!  It's Tuesday, and that means I have a new ODBD Challenge card to share.  This week we're celebrating Easter with ODBD SLC #143- Make an Easter card of project.

I had such a fun time making this one - I'm working on improving my Clean and Simple style and am happy to have been able to practice using this sweet image!!  I started by measuring and scoring two boxes or frames on the card front.  Then using a ruler as a guide I masked the image area with post-it notes.  This took time because if the mask is off-center it will definitely show.

Easter Blessings to All!
The next step was to stamp and color the precious lamb, and sponge the ground and sky.  I decided to leave a bit of white around the image for a softer look, but also sponged darker color along the edge for a crisp sharp border and lots of contrast.

Once that was done I removed the masking, cut some very thin strips of designer paper and inlaid them between the score lines, leaving a bit of white space in the corners.  I've never tried this before and love how it came out.  Next step was to stamp the sentiment and stamp/die-cut the border frame.  Then I added the designer paper die-cut flourish, made the ribbon bow, added the pearls and mounted everything to the card.

Close-up of Image, Frame and Sentiment Tag/Flourish
The last step was to add the inside framed panel for writing my personal message.  I love the clean simple look of this card - and it came together so quickly!!  Here's one more image showing the inside panel for my own Easter message.

Easter Blessings - Alternate View 1

The stamps I used are The Shepherd from ODBD's February Release, and Elegant Oval Frames with the Elegant Ovals/Spellbinders Die.  Below are pictures of these stamps and dies.





To see more or to join in on the fun, check us out here.   If you join in you'll have a chance to win a $15 gift certificate to be used toward stamps at the Our Daily Bread Designs store!!  Just submit your entry by Sunday, February 24th at 8 p.m. EST.   If you use an Our Daily Bread Designs Stamps your card may be featured in the top three.   See below for links to what my DT Sisters have created for you.

 and our February Guest Designer - Becky Egecrone

Card Recipe and other details:
  • White Card Stock and Designer Paper
  • Memento Black for the image, Soft Suede for the sentiment and die-cut frame, Crumb Cake and Soft Suede for sponging of the ground area and Soft Sky, Baja Breeze and Not Quite Navy for sponging of the sky
  • ODBD The Shepherd and Elegant Oval Frames Stamp Sets
  • ODBD/Spellbinders Elegant Ovals, Cheery Lynn Designs Mini Fanciful Flourish
    • Copic Markers:  E41, E42, E43, E21 and E53 for the Lamb, YG11, YG13, YG17, G99, Y13, Y15, ^17 and Y38 for Grass and Daffodils
  • Becca's Bow Maker, Ribbon, Pearls

Card Challenges:

That's all for now - thank you everyone for stopping by.  I'm grateful for your sweet comments and look forward to reading every single one.

Hugs and Blessings!
Audrey

20 comments:

Benzi said...

How I love a little lamb! Beautiful card..it really looks like a picture framed with a wood frame. You did a spectacular job on this card and I love it. It's a wonderful Easter creation.

Marisa said...

Fabulous colouring of the darling image - Benzi will be all over it! Well do ne with the clean lines too :)

pam124 said...

Audrey, this is so sweet and absolutely beautiful. From your coloring, to the sponging, sentiment, bow and pearls, it's all spectacular. I love the whole "feel" on the card and want to pet that cute little sheep. Hugs!

pam124 said...

I meant little lamb!

Angela said...

Oh my word! Every detail is a work of art, Audrey! Your coloring is wonderful and beautifully dimensional, the strips to represent high end art framing is just something out of this world! I love it all!

Karon said...

Oh My - this is stunning - I adore that image and how you have coloured it - great idea about the masking of the square, really gives it the professional finish - fabulous! TFS

Donna Ellis said...

Audrey, this must have been a fun card to color and create - fun dies, pretty shapes to work with them, a darling lamb, a beautiful sentiment - all featured with your beautiful artwork and special touch. A gorgeous card. I especially like the flourish die cut at the bottom of your bow - so pretty!

Cathymac said...

Your Easter card is just precious, Audrey! The beautiful coloring, sponging, and design elements are perfect for showcasing this adorable lamb! The white space on this card looks so elegant...wonderful challenge card my friend! Hugs!

Shirley-anne said...

Hello Audrey.
Stylish card design .The sweet image is coloured perfectly and framed beautifully . lovely card . Thanks for sharing on Kraftyhands Challenge Blog

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

I just love this card Audrey!! Your coloring of the lamb, your framing, and the elegant framing of the sentiment with the flourish and little bow!! Such a darling and gorgeous Easter card!!
hugs,
Chris

Grace said...

Absolutely gorgeous Audrey! I love how you framed this and your scene is colored to perfection!!!

Kathy said...

This is just gorgeous, Audrey! I love the clean and simple style of it and your coloring and framing are amazing! Blessings! Kathy

Cards By Jan said...

Wow...I love how you framed this lil lamb...looks just like art!! Love the use of the dies also....with the swirls and bow!! Awesome!!
Hugs

marilynprestonn said...

Hello! Yep, it's been a while but just wanted to stop by and say hey this card look so pretty. It would frame up just beautifuly on any wall. Beautiful work, once more Audrey Ann. Hugsxo

Diana Nguyen said...

Love how soft and gentle this looks! The bow and flourish adds a wonderful touch of elegance to the card.

Kelley said...

WOW, this card is so awesome!!!

Laney said...

Absolutely beautiful!! great colouring too! thanks for joining us at Kraftyhands would love to see you join in again soon
hugs
laney

Stacy aka Twinshappy on SCS said...

Need to work on clean and simple... please.... ;0) Simply beautiful, love the frame look and what a sweet Easter card.

Mary said...

I have just 'happened' on your blog and love your work - in particular "Easter Blessings". It is magnificent and I notice how you dealt with the (gorgeous) lamb's left hind leg! It HAD seemed to me that there was a flaw in the stamp but you have dealt with it beautifully and your frame is really ingenious.

Mary Mac

TLady said...

ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!! :)