Sunday, January 13, 2013

Trust in the Lord

Hello Everyone - Hope you're enjoying your Sunday!

I have a new card to show you - this one if for a few challenges noted at the end of my post.  It's a quick and easy creation - and was a lot of fun to make!!  I've seen this type of sketch a few times and have wanted to try it and today I found the opportunity!

Trust in the Lord - Alt View 1

One thing I've learned over time is that I am far more creative when I just let go, and totally Trust the inspiration that comes to me.  If I depend on my mind and mental thinking, my creativity suffers.  For me this is true in everything that I do.  So before starting this card I sort-of told myself to be quite and let it come :)!!!

Verve Sentiment Closeup

The first thing I wanted to do was find the perfect sentiment.  All my sentiment stamps are together, and when I opened the stamp drawer to find one, this was the first stamp I touched.  As soon as I read it I knew it was the perfect stamp - I was, after all, working on Trust today :)!!!  Plus I love stamps that include different fonts - they are so pretty.  The photo above shows the sentiment up close.


Butterfly and Flourish Close-up

The next step was to find the perfect papers - I needed specific colors for one of today's Challenges and this stash of MME papers had just what I was looking for!  I knew I wanted to add twine and the butterfly, and hey - why not add a flourish too??!!  The butterfly has been die-cut twice, once in the same blue paper, and again in a darker paper.  It makes the butterfly sturdier and adds some depth as well, which you can see in the photo above.

Here are a couple more views:

Trust in the Lord - Front View


Another Close-up

Below are the card recipe and challenge details.  Thank you for stopping by - I am always grateful to find your sweet comments, and am grateful for the inspiration I find when I visit your Blogs as well!


Card Recipe and other details:
  • Very Vanilla and Cool Caribbean Cardstock (CC is on the inside, sponged with Crumb Cake to match the DP as best I could)
  • My Mind's Eye - Stella Rose Paper Stack
  • Verve - Proverbs 3:5 Sentiment Stamp
  • Cherry Lynn Designs - Exotic Butterfly Die
  • Gem Flourish, Bakers Twin, Reflections Single Gem (for butterfly)

Challenges for this card:


Thanks again everyone!
Hugs and Blessings,
Audrey


25 comments:

Becca Whitham said...

This is simply STUNNING!!

Deborah Frings said...

Absolutely stunning! I adore the lovely fishtails, beautiful butterfly and fabulous jewel flourish! Thanks so much for playing along with CR84FN!

Dawn said...

Beautiful card!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Gorgeous! Just LOVE the butterfly with all of the flourishes! thanks so much for joining us at CR84FN!

Benzi said...

Audrey, this is beautiful! The papers and colors are fabulous. What a gorgeous treatment of the gem flourish, twine, and butterfly. I should have read your verse before I made a card today. I turned the simplest card into a disaster and had to re-do.

Marisa said...

Great MME papers, great Verve (way to flash some Verve!), and great use of the banners and bling flourish. Way to let the juices flow! Fabulous card :)

Emily Keaton said...

Of all the cards I've seen today, this one takes the cake and is my favorite, Audrey! Those banners and flourishes really draw the eye to your lovely butterfly. Awesome awesome creation!!

nwilliams6 said...

Wow - you knocked this sketch out of the water. I have never seen a prettier card made using it. Wow - seriously, this is beautiful. Love the bling and butterfly and the sentiment is very special. Great job! I have missed you while I have been away. Hugz!!!!

Donna Ellis said...

Audrey, what an "ahhhhh-so-pretty" moment when your blog popped up this morning. It's a beautiful card. Love the warm colors combined with the aqua touch - I'm glad you did trust your artist's eye. Now to ask a question. On the fish-tail panels, how did get them to curl like that? Are they only adhered at the very top? The flourish looks fabulous (that color goes so well with most warm colors). Are the butterfly panels adhered only at the body? Or in the wings, too? Thanks for explaining all your details, and for your sweet comment on my blog last night! xo

pam124 said...

Oh, Audrey, that's so funny as this is the same card I'm going to attempt to case. Gosh after seeing yours, maybe I should reconsider - LOL! Absolutely perfect in every detail that makes your cards so "YOU"! Hugs!

Lisa M said...

I do believe you definitely had spiritual guidance on creating this fabulous card. I have seen this sketch before too, but not like this..it's beautiful! I love the way you flared the edges of the tags so they wisp out at you and the double cut butterfly really does have extra depth to it. An all and all very dainty and modern shabby chic card with just the right amount of embellishments. Great job here. :)
Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us at Our Creative Corner. Best of luck and we'd love to have you visit again next week!
Lisa xx

Karon said...

Stunning card - that butterfly is so beautiful. Love the colour combination! TFS

Mona L. Pendleton said...

So pretty! The fishtail banners and butterfly look fabulous! Thanks for joining along with CR84FN :)

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how beautiful Audrey!! I just love that verse and your layout with the different dp, the pearls and butterfly is exquisite!!
hugs,
Chris

Kathy said...

Wow, Audrey, this is gorgeous!!! I love all the pearl swirls and butterfly! Blessings! Kathy

Sue Lelli said...

Audrey, LOVE the banners in the different patterns and your butterfly is FAB! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

Maria said...

Love the mix of patterns with the banners, gems, lovely butterfly, and perfect verse! Such a pretty card...love it!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Audrey, this is stunning. I always think your creations rock! This has such a Verve look to it. I can totally see you on their DT. :)

Pauline said...

Absolutely beautiful Audrey. I love the curled banners, and the fab gem flourishes.
Thanks for joining us at CR84FN!

Gretchen Wilson said...

Gorgeous.

Vickie Z said...

Happy...love those banners and the bling and butterfly....big smile!! Thanks for playing at CR84FN!!

Sharon said...

Audrey, I just love how you did the banner ends! and the bakers twine at the top really anchors this whole look.
thank you for playing along with us @ OCC

Shannon White said...

Wow!! this is Soo Gorgeous!! Love the pretty banners and Beautiful Butterfly and the blingy flourishes too! Goodness! So glad you could join us at CR84FN! 8-)

Lee Ann Barrett said...

I absolutely LOVE this card, Audrey! You have a way of making a simple banner look exquisite! The flourish bling is simply amazing and who would have thought to put that across banners?? And nobody can make baker's twine look elegant but you, friend! Gorgeousness!

Amber S said...

Wow, this is stinkin' gorgeous!