Today I have a card that was made for several challenges, including two over on SCS. All the challenge details are noted at the bottom of my post. This card will be sent to my Boss, who recently lost his father at the young age of 82. The loss of a father means different things to different people, and is never easy. My thoughts are prayers are with their family during this difficult time.
|Remembering You in my Prayers|
I had a mental plan and a sketch for this card, and it did not initially include the punched border, but after the floral spray and sentiment panel were completed I knew they needed something soft and special as a background. And because these two elements are fairly large I decided to go with one of my favorite MS PATP's and make a larger card.
The card base is actually four panels - each punched with the same border. The top panel is textured vanilla cardstock, glued to a second panel for added strength. The other two are also glued together to make the back panel. This way the delicate border is strong enough to hold the card, even with the weight of the added elements.
Below are a couple of close-up shots of the Sentiment and Floral arrangements.
|Close-up with Sentiment|
These very delicate die-cut ferns and branches were cut from some Basic Grey and SU! paper scraps, and I love all the different greens that show through. The roses are also die cut from SU! paper, as is the Butterfly. The lace is from my stash, and all together these elements give the card a Shabby Chic feel!
|Close-up of the Floral and Ribbon Details|
After everything was die-cut I carefully arranged and glued each piece, added the pearl and gem flourish, and then added the lace. Below is a view that shows how the the two panels align at the top. The back panel was scored at the top, then adhered to the front using score tape and liquid glue.
Card Receipt and other details:
- Vanilla textured and regular cardstock
- Basic Grey and SU papers in greens and peach colors
- Crumb Cake and Chocolate Chip Ink
- ODBD All Occasion Sentiments and Antique Label Designs Stamps
- SU Teahouse Background Stamp
- ODBD Antique Labels Die, Memory Box Gentle Leaf, Meadow Leaf, Twig, and Rolled Flower Dies, Cheery Lynn Designs Exotic Butterfly Mini Die, Martha Stewart Punch Around the Page and Pine Punch
- Pearls, Gem and Pearl Flourish, Dimensionals and extra Love
- Card size: 4.75" x 6.5"
This card is submitted for the following challenges:
- SCS IC371 Layla Grace: Here's my inspiration photo: Bella Notte Coverlet
- SCS - QFTD147 Jennifer (aka Mother's Daughter) - Here's the card I that inspired me: Sunshine and Laughter
- Our Creative Corner OCCC: Shabby Chic style card
- Crazy 4 Challenges C4C168: Shape it Up (Anything but an A4/Square Card)
- Allsorts Challenge Blog Week 189: Dies and Punches
Thank you everyone for stopping by and taking a look. I hope you enjoyed your visit!!
Blessings to all,