Saturday, January 12, 2013

Remembering You in my Prayers

Hi Everyone - hope all is well!

Today I have a card that was made for several challenges, including two over on SCS.  All the challenge details are noted at the bottom of my post.  This card will be sent to my Boss, who recently lost his father at the young age of 82.  The loss of a father means different things to different people, and is never easy.  My thoughts are prayers are with their family during this difficult time.


Remembering You in my Prayers

I had a mental plan and a sketch for this card, and it did not initially include the punched border, but after the floral spray and sentiment panel were completed I knew they needed something soft and special as a background.  And because these two elements are fairly large I decided to go with one of my favorite MS PATP's and make a larger card.

The card base is actually four panels - each punched with the same border.  The top panel is textured vanilla cardstock, glued to a second panel for added strength.  The other two are also glued together to make the back panel.  This way the delicate border is strong enough to hold the card, even with the weight of the added elements.

Below are a couple of close-up shots of the Sentiment and Floral arrangements.

Close-up with Sentiment

These very delicate die-cut ferns and branches were cut from some Basic Grey and SU! paper scraps, and I love all the different greens that show through.  The roses are also die cut from SU! paper, as is the Butterfly.  The lace is from my stash, and all together these elements give the card a Shabby Chic feel!


Close-up of the Floral and Ribbon Details

After everything was die-cut I carefully arranged and glued each piece, added the pearl and gem flourish, and then added the lace.  Below is a view that shows how the the two panels align at the top.  The back panel was scored at the top, then adhered to the front using score tape and liquid glue.


Alternate View


Card Receipt and other details:
  • Vanilla textured and regular cardstock
  • Basic Grey and SU papers in greens and peach colors
  • Crumb Cake and Chocolate Chip Ink
  • ODBD All Occasion Sentiments and Antique Label Designs Stamps
  • SU Teahouse Background Stamp
  • ODBD Antique Labels Die, Memory Box Gentle Leaf, Meadow Leaf, Twig, and Rolled Flower Dies, Cheery Lynn Designs Exotic Butterfly Mini Die, Martha Stewart Punch Around the Page and Pine Punch
  • Pearls, Gem and Pearl Flourish, Dimensionals and extra Love
  • Card size:  4.75" x 6.5"

This card is submitted for the following challenges:

Thank you everyone for stopping by and taking a look.  I hope you enjoyed your visit!!

Blessings to all,
Audrey


12 comments:

Debi said...

this is beautiful! Debi x

Karon said...

So beautiful - love the colours you have chosen. The frame and the flower spray is gorgeous. Have a wonderful Sunday.

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Audrey Ann! Sigh, I'm in love with your style and wonderfully diverse creations. Though I've been a frequent visitor, I am now your newest follower and look forward to being inspired by your gorgeous artwork all year long. I'm sorry to hear about your boss's loss, and agree that we all grieve in a unique manner. Thank you for the clear instructions on how to replicate some of your designs. Lovely artwork and this card is so peaceful and pretty.

Marisa said...

Gorgeous rolled roses and I love the punched border around the card. Beautiful card which I am sure will be greatly appreciated!

Kathy Bradley said...

Gorgeous and elegant card! The flowers are so lovely and the colors are soft and serene!

Emily Keaton said...

This is so fancy! Everything is so delicate. Your rolled flowers are perfect :-)

pam124 said...

Your boss will feel the "love" from this card during the difficult time he is going through. This is one of my favorite cards of yours; but, then again, it's hard to pick. Exquisite details Audrey and I can't wait till you show me how to make the framed cards and, of course, spend all our money on SU products. P.S. I love that b/g stamp. When I used it, it didn't show up on the photo, but yours shows well. Great photography!

Tracy said...

I love your creation,beautiful details, and the design too, thanks for joining Allsorts challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

scrappingnana said...

Gorgeous card. Love all the pretty details and design. TFS

Maria said...

Beautiful card with lovely border! Am sorry to hear about your boss on the loss of his father. I'm sure this card brought comfort. Take care and have a great weekend!

Kelley said...

WOW!!!!! Fabulous!! I am sure it will comfort your boss very much!!

Sharon said...

Audrey, what a gorgeous card. I love the rolled flowers, very pretty. And the little butterfly really adds a sweet surprise the leaves and branches.
Thank you for playing along with us @ OCC.
what a kind gesture to make such a gorgeous card for such a sad occasion. I'm sure your boss was touched.