Friday, January 4, 2013

Poinsettia Merry Christmas 2013

Blessings Everyone!  I hope you're enjoying 2013 so far!!  If you're like me this week means time to go back to work after a long Holiday, and I know some of us were looking forward to it including myself!  Because, well... the work doesn't do itself LOL!

Here is my second set of Christmas cards for 2013 - I'm casing myself for a challenge over at Splitcoast Stampers - you can check it out here:  QFTD146 (other challenge details are noted below).  This year I want to work on and improve my Clean and Simple design style, and mix a few CAS cards into my designs from time to time.  So far I'm off to a good start!!


A Merry Poinsettia Christmas!


This card is a case of an earlier group of cards I made and uses the same Sketch and Sentiment but with a die-cut Poinsettia in place of the colorful/glittery Bells.  These cards went sooooo quickly - I may use this same design to add the my 2013 collection!!


Alternate View


This particular poinsettia has only three center dots - some of this group has up to five, depending on how the liquid pearls fit/looked.  This one didn't really have room for any more.  The photo above shows the inside panel for my personal note - also lined in 18K Gold Leaf.  Below are a few more shots showing close-up versions.


Close-up View 1

Close-up View 2



Here's the Group Shot :)!!!



These were super fast and so fun to make - hope you enjoy seeing them.

This card is being submitted for the following Challenges:
Here's what I used:
  • SU! Bells and Boughs
  • Memento Black Ink
  • Naturals Ivory and Very Vanilla Cardstock
  • Spellbinders Poinsettia Die (Two smallest dies for flowers and leaves)
  • 18K Gold Leaf Pen and lots of dimensionals

Thank you for stopping by and for supporting my Blog!!  It's a month old today - and I'm enjoying Blogland more than I'd ever imagined.  I love seeing everyone's cards on my side panel, and it's so easy to click over to check them out, and I love that I can learn so much more about people and ESPECIALLY that I'm making new and treasured friendships.  So thank you for all of that - and Huge Hugs to everyone!

Audrey

22 comments:

Bridget said...

Oh, this just popped out of my blogger dashboard...stunning elegant simplicity, Audrey, love the gold edging!

Benzi said...

Oh, you're getting those Christmas cards made and ahead of the game for 2013. They are my favorite to make. These are most beautiful, Audrey.

Like you, blogging gives an opportunity to know people better. I love that they share photos and things I wouldn't have known about them if not for blogging.

Have a great day and weekend!

Lee-Anne said...

Audrey, these are gorgeous! Love the outlining with the gold pen! And, way to go getting a head start on your Christmas cards...I'm impressed!

Hugs,

Emily Keaton said...

I just love these poinsettia cards. They really pop against that pretty white background. Congratulations on your one-month anniversary!

Cards By Jan said...

Wow...Very ELEGANT!! I love your card....

Karon said...

Beautiful - those poinsettias are fabulous and love the layout and design. TFS and have a great weekend.

Marisa said...

Gorgeous. Love the gold edging on the poinsettias an the clean, elegant lines of the card.

Lee Ann Barrett said...

What a gorgeous design, Audrey! Seeing this card, one would think you have been doing clean and simple cards for years! You have such a talent, friend! Happy 1 month Anniversary on the blog!

jackid said...

Hi Audrey what beautiful cards you make I have just found your blog and had a look around they are gorgeous Iam now a follower
Jacki xx
http://scullduggery-cardsbyjacki.blogspot.co.uk/

Cathymac said...

Oh my, Audrey...look at these elegant Christmas cards...love the striking red of the poinsettias with the white and gold! Good for you getting a head start on next year's...I mean this year's Christmas cards! Hugs!

Winnie and Patty said...

Wow Audrey--what beautiful and elegant Christmas cards! Happy New Year! Patty

Darlene (SCS:akronstamperdpk) said...

These cards are absolutely STUNNING Audrey! CAS is not one of my typical styles ... maybe I should take a hint from you and follow your lead! Just gorgeous! Thanks for stopping by & following my blog! Keep up the good work ... WOW!
HUGS from OHIO
Darlene
DAR'S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Naomi Edwards said...

Hi Audrey! What a beautiful display of your gorgeous CAS cards, I am so in love with the gold trim on both the layers and poinsetta!!!!! Thank you for visiting my blog and becoming the 274th follower, I was so happy to see you there and you have just gained yourself a new follower too. I will be by to see what you are doing for sure! Absolutely spectacular job. Hugs

Loll Thompson said...

Gorgeous cards! Love the gold edging and will have to try that myself! Great CASE'ing of your earlier card. Loll

Andrea Ewen said...

Congratulations on your month-a-versary! Goes quick, huh? Your cards are wonderfully elegant...the gold accents really set the tone. Beautiful work, my dear!

pam124 said...

One month - it's hard to believe you've been in blogland that long already. Your Christmas grouped cards are so lovely. You are way ahead of the game. I wish I could duplicate like this, but it never works out. I LOVE looking at them more closely as I can see all the details. So fun! Can't wait to see you soon and you can show me these in person! Hugsz alwayz!

Sylvia Blum said...

Audrey, your poinsettia cards are wonderful!
So beautiful and so very elegant... LOVE them!!!

Congrats on your one month blog-o-versary ;-)
Wow.. only one month in blogland and almost 50 followers yet?! *woohoo*... you rock!
But I'm not surprised, because your work is incredibly beautiful and I'm always amazed and inspired by your posts!
Thanks for sharing your talent with all of us!!!
Sylvia xx

Laura said...

Audrey your poinsettia cards are so pretty! Congrats on your one month blogoversary! You've done so well with all of your followers!
Thanks for liking my kittie! Not ours ;) Hehe, that made me laugh.
Thank you for your lovely comments on my blog.
Laura xx

Stacy aka Twinshappy on SCS said...

Wow! Now those are class a gorgoeus! The gold embossing on the edges if FABULOUS... Wow... I like your group shot. hee hee

kathi17 said...

These are beautiful Audrey. I love the gold on the poinsettias, and all the layers!

Bonnie said...

This is CAS perfection just as the Bells & Boughs card you made earlier! Into my CASE file. Thanks for the inspiration!

Carol (Gingerbeary8) said...

These are so beautiful. They definitely have the WOW factor!
Bear Hugs,
Carol