Tuesday, January 15, 2013

ODBD SLC138: Border It!!

Good Morning Everyone - Happy Tuesday!

Today I'm sharing with you a new ODBD Shining Light Challenge Card.  This week's ODBDSLC #138 is:  To use a decorative border on your project.

And of course, to make the challenge even more fun, we will be giving out a prize - a $15 gift certificate to be used toward stamps at the Our Daily Bread Designs store!!  Entries for the prize must be submitted by Sunday, January 20th at 8 p.m. EST.  One random winner will be chosen and announced next Saturday. 

You do not have to use ODBD Stamps to join in, but we'd love to see them if you have them.  And as a way of recognizing those who use Our Daily Bread Designs stamps, we will feature the top  three participants  for the  Shining the Light Award!!  In order to qualify for this award you must use Our Daily Bread stamps and have your submission added to Mr. Linky by Sunday,  January 20th at 8 p.m. EST.   More details can be found here:  ODBDSLC #138

Special Blend, Antique Label Designs Stamp and Die
A Special Friendship Refreshes the Soul

To make this card I stamped and die-cut the sentiment using ODBD Special Blend (sentiment), Antique Label Designs Stamp and Coordinating Antique Labels Die.  I then die-cut the Butterflies using Cheery Lynn Designs Exotic Butterflies Small and Small 2, and die-cut the flourish using Memory Box Fancy Flourish.  I also added a touch of soft color to the vanilla sentiment panel and butterflies using Copic markers.

Below is a close-up of the sentiment panel, butterflies and some of the other detailing.

Close up of Sentiment and Butterflies

To really celebrate this Border challenge I decided to use several borders - layering one over the other, in different coordinating papers.  I love how this brings interest and dimension to the card.  I also added a lace and ribbon element behind the sentiment panel.  The card base is Vanilla textured card stock, the papers are from my stash and the borders were created using various border punches.

A Sweet Friendship Refreshes the Soul

Once the card was ready for assembly I added lots of sparkle to the butterflies, around the sentiment, and to the flourish.  After that was dry I assembled everything and added my final touches - all the pearl gems!!  I hope you like this project and I hope you can stop over at ODBD to check out all the details.

Below are the ODBD stamps and die that were used on this project -  ODBD Special Blend (sentiment), Antique Label Designs Stamp and Coordinating Antique Labels Die:








If you'd like more inspiration please check out what my DT Sisters have created for you (links below)!!  All the details if you're interested and/or if you'd like to join us, can be found here ODBDSLC #138 !!  Hope you can play along - We'd love to see your creations!!

Chris Olsen  /  Diana Nguyen   /  Cathy McCauley  /  Kathy Roney  /  Jan Marie Ennenga
and our January Guest Designer - Sabrina Friel

Card recipe and other details are here:


Thanks everyone for coming by for a visit.  Hope you enjoy your week!!

Hugs and Blessings,
Audrey

26 comments:

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

What a cheerful and happy card with the spring colors and patterns!! It is so elegant with the fancy layered border and your sparkly butterflies!! Stunning!! It really makes you want to smile!! Have a great day!!
hugs,
Chris

Becky said...

OH My Word, this is stunning..stunning.. :) Love the layers of beautiful design paper, and the butterflies are gorgeous.

Sabrina said...

Oh my - border upon border and so beautiful. The soft springlike feel is a tonic when there's ice on the ground here, and all the sparkle and shimmer is just so pretty.
p.s. I had to smile on Saturday because you weren't the only one who said how much you loved Roses in Winter. I bought it fairly early on in my online buying, based on how many people loved it and were heartbroken that it was retiring - but I can't say I find it an easy set to use!!

Marisa said...

Love the way you used all the punches and those butterflies are fabulous!! Gorgeous card that is a wonderful breath of spring in the middle of winter :)

pam124 said...

Audrey, you are proving why you were selected as a designer for ODBD. This is breathtakingly BEAUTIFUL. Every layer, every dp, detail and sparkle. You were meant to make these cards! Hugs!

Karon said...

Gorgeous, beautiful, fabulous! I adore those butterflies and all the different layers. What an amazing creation. TFS

Emily Keaton said...

So many lovely layers, Audrey! This is just dripping with beauty :-)

Kathy said...

Gorgeous, Audrey! So many beautiful yet different borders that look so pretty together! Blessings! Kathy

Benzi said...

What does one say about a card so beautiful? It's so amazing with all the pretty dp patterns, the layers, and those wonderful butterflies. I love the sentiment, too. It's a really special one for a friend.

Grace said...

Oh Audrey.... this is so gorgeous! I love the layered borders and how you framed your sentiment! I love the way your mind works when you create... the end result is amazing!!!

Cathymac said...

So many gorgeous details on this card, Audrey! LOVE the layered scallops, the beautiful flourish, and the sparkly, delicate butterflies...so rich in texture and design! Hugs!

Diana Nguyen said...

What a great idea to have different layers of borders! They went together wonderfully! And I'm pretty much in love with the sparkly butterflies and the flourishes just makes it look like they are fluttering around on your exquisite card. Beautiful!

Jan Marie said...

So, so very pretty, light and airy, fresh and springy! Love the layers and your use of the designer paper to add just a bit more color. The butterflies are just exquisite and help to accentuate that lovely scripture!! Hugs and blessings!

Cards By Jan said...

Audrey...this card is just STUNNING!! Wow...so many beautiful elements!! Awesome
Hugs

Donna Ellis said...

Smitten! (that's me - smile) Audrey, your creation is gorgeous! Love the layers of decorative elements, but also like all the eye candy - seeing glistening butterflies, and glittery frames - with the sweetest ever sentiment! Such a soft, pretty, wonderful card, Audrey!

Robyn said...

The work here is fabulous! I enjoy how the dainty swirls in the background give flight to your delicate butterflies!!!!

Sue Lelli said...

Audrey, OMGosh! Another GORGEOUS card! LOVE the butterflies, the flourishes, and all of the PRETTY borders! THX for your sweet comments and for following me! I am now YOUR newest follower!

Mona L. Pendleton said...

WOW Audrey! What a gorgeous card! Those butterflies are so elegant and I love the fancy border!

Maria said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!!

Robyn said...

I am stopping back to say How much I enjoyed touring your SCS gallery! I am casing this pretty card today!

Colleen Dietrich said...

Uh, like, WOW. Amazing, Audrey!

Winnie and Patty said...

Audrey--this card is so beautiful!!!! I love all the lacey details! And the pearls are a perfect accent for this very lovely and feminine card! TFS! Patty

Kelley said...

Audrey, this is SO PRETTY! Love the different borders!

Tammy said...

Incredibly beautiful card! Love the borders!

Lisa M said...

Hi Audrey! :) I'm sorry it took me so long to get over to your blog...this week seemed like a week of Mondays to me. Just wanted to pop in and say thank you so much for the very sweet comments you left on my blog and to say thank you for following too. It's been a real treat visiting your blog. Your techniques of card making are exceptional and I absolutely love all the vintage and intricate details you've added here.
Beautiful work and I look forward to being inspired by more.
Hugs and here's to a great week (hopefully not ALL Mondays)...
Lisa xx

Inkyfingers said...

This is so pretty. Such a lot of gorgeous detail!