Saturday, January 26, 2013

Let the Earth Rejoice!!

Hi Everyone - Hope you're enjoying a beautiful Saturday!  We're looking at Snow outside our windows here and although there are only a couple of inches, it's still very serene and beautiful.  Also a great day to stay indoors and, well, you guessed it - STAMP!!

Today's card is for two challenges over on SCS and one over on the Crafty Calendar Challenge site, and is made using a brand new Stamp set from Our Daily Bread Designs!  This set is being released, along with several others, on Friday February 1st.  I did a bit of research on line before coloring this wonderful Crocus Flower, hoping to be able to capture it's true beauty.

Let the Earth Rejoice!

To make this card I stamped the Crocus image twice, colored both using Copic Markers, and then delicately cute out the images.  I used an Exacto-Knife to cut the small areas inside the image as well (between the flowers and stems/leaves).  Then I glued the two images together at the base, off-set just slightly.  I used a thin dimensional to raise the left and right Crocus flowers, and a thicker/taller dimensional to raise the middle flower.

This next photo shows the subtle difference with the middle flower standing out a bit more than the others:

Let the Earth Rejoice - Alt View 1

The flower stack was adhered to the first panel with glue at the very bottom only.  No glue was used toward the top - I wanted to keep the flowers 'free' so they would seem more real, more like they were floating on the framed panel.  I think it shows better in the close-up photos below:

Close-up/Side Angle View

Each panel is raised using dimensionals, and outlined in a soft lavendar/pink Copic Marker.  The sentiment tag is sponged with Pale Plum ink.  Here's another close-up showing the delicate colors and other details:


Close-up Front View

What I love most about this card is not only how easily and quickly it came together, but also how beautiful these flowers are.  I always love coloring beautiful images, but this one was especially fun for me.  And very easy!!  I hope you like it.


Card Recipe and other details:
  • White Card Stock
  • Memento Brilliant Black Ink, Pale Plum for Sponging
  • ODBD's February Release Stampset Let the Earth Rejoice
  • Spellbinders Fancy Tags Two and Iridescent Gemstones by Reflections
  • Copic Markers Used:
    • RV000,V01, V04, V05 and V20 (Flowers)
    • G000, G9 and G14 (stems/leaves)
    • V01 for Borders

Challenges for this card:


Thanks everyone for stopping by and visiting me today.  Hope you're having a great weekend :)!!

Blessings,
Audrey



15 comments:

Judy Rozema said...

What a breath of spring in these cold winter days~! Gorgeous purples!

Marisa said...

I looooooove corcuses and your card showcases them fabulously!!! Can't wait for mine to poke their heads out of the groud. Think the bunnies have all moved away so they should be safe this year. Gorgeous card!!

Donna Ellis said...

Oh AUDREY! This is a beautiful card! Your shading and delicate colors really make this card extra beautiful. I especially like the soft, dimensional layers. So pretty! Your card has been pinned for casing later on LOL Speaking of an emerging Spring, our area has been so riddled with pollen! Everything is coated yellow!

Angela said...

Audrey, those flowers are indeed, lovely! The whole package is stunning!

pam124 said...

Audrey, you have outdone yourself once again! Your perfectly colored flowers, layers and verse are heavenly! I just love the colors. Hugs!

Emily Keaton said...

What's not to love about crocuses?? Your card is absolutely stunning, Audrey!!

Benzi said...

I think crocus and snow go together. What a beautiful job you did with them. I wish I could learn to better use the Exacto-knife...usually doesn't cut smooth for me. Ugh!
My daffodils have come out of the ground so there is hope for Spring to arrive. They will bloom in February and I can't wait to see them.
Your card is stunning!!

Sabrina aka okimom2girlz said...

Oh my goodness, Audrey, your crocus card is out of this world gorgeous! Your coloring is absolutely stunning! Hopefully one day I can color too :D Thanks so much for your sweet comments on my Blog today, they truly made my day....thank you!!! I will e-mail you, so when you see an e-mail from sjbutterflydreams....that's me. :D Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Marilyn (mlj-mlj) said...

Beautiful card! Your coloring is over the top wonderful!

Lee-Anne said...

Wow...amazing dimension with your fussy cutting, Audrey! Fabulous coloring...makes me dream of spring...

Stacy aka Twinshappy on SCS said...

Gorgeous! I like crocus and your coloring is amazing. Now I don't want to post mine this Friday. ha! This is amazing with the popped up flowers... just gorgeous.

Barbara Godden said...

Awesome card, it sure gives me the feeling that Spring is just around the corner, we have to get rid of the snow first. I love the colours and the way you popped the image up. Your card is FABULOUS.

Sylvia Blum said...

WOW, Audrey! This is such a classy, beautiful and intricate card! I am -once more- amazed by your coloring skills and your ability to cut out the stamped image parts so exactly! So much effort and love went into this beauty! Wonderful, wonderful work!!!
{hugs} Sylvia

Colleen Dietrich said...

Such glorious CASness! You did a grat job coloring those crocuses.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is gorgeous Audrey!! I just love your pink and white with your AMAZING coloring of the crocus!! Stunning my friend!!
hugs,
Chris