Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Bells and Boughs Christmas 2013

Happy New Year Everyone - I hope you had a safe and wonderful celebration, and I hope you have much happiness and success in 2013.

I had so much fun making Christmas cards that I decided to get a head start for 2013.  I love it when I find a sort of template or pattern that can be remade easily, and I found that in this sketch.  There are two sets using this same sketch - here is the first:

A Merry Christmas to You

To make this card I stamped the Bells, colored them in Copics then added the Glitter and Liquid Pearls.  In this process I changed up the coloring just a bit - adding gold or red to the ribbon and bells, just to play and see what I liked best.

Here are a few shots showing the differences:

First Template

The card above was the first one I made.  The border was highlighted in the same yellow Copic marker used on the Bells.  After that I decided to go with the 18K gold look.  I like both, just preferred the richness of the gold on this CAS style card.


A Third Version

Here are some close-up photos which show off all the glitter!  The first few verions have more glitter, then after that I added it only to the Bells.   I preferred those that has glitter on the only the bells - they just seem more elegant to me.


Close-up of the Bells

This is a close-up of the first card using the Copic border.


Close-up with Sentiment and Copic Border

This is one of my favorites - the bells just look so bright and sparkly on this one!!


Close-up with Gold Leaf Border

After coloring and glittering all the images I carefully cut out each one, and set them aside.  Then I cut the square panels, trimmed each in 18K Gold Leaf pen, stamped the sentiment using a Stamp a Majig, then colored over the sentiment in Copic markers.  All that was left was the assembly - that part went very quickly!!

Here's the final photo - the Group Shot!!



These were fun to make and fast too!!!


This card is being submitted for the following Challenges:

Here's what was used to make these cards:
  • SU! Bells and Boughs
  • Memento Black Ink
  • White Cardstock
  • Copic Markers:  R00, R05, R29 / Y23, Y26 & Y29 / YG11, YG46, YG61 & YG63 / and W2 & W4 for shading
  • Also used Dazzling Diamonds Glitter and Gold/Red Liquid Pearls


Thanks for stopping by!!

Hugs and Blessings,
Audrey

14 comments:

Karon said...

What a fabulous set of cards to start off the new year with a bang! Wishing you a Happy New Year 2013.

Benzi said...

What a fantastic start for next Christmas. I LOVE Christmas bells and you've made these look so beautiful. I'm imagining the fun you had with these. You're starting the new year right.

Marisa said...

Lovely card and bells are lovely :)

Pop, Paper, Scissors said...

These are gorgeous, each and every one! Once the Christmas cards have been turned on, that's all I want to do. I think you you've given me some EARLY inspiration.

pam124 said...

I just can't believe these Audzi. You are making me a little upset getting ahead of the game like this. I LOVE the bell - it's one of my favorites and your gold leafing, sparkle and coloring are spot on! I love the variations I can see up close. Love that you are doing CAS on and off too. You can do them all my friend!

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Audrey these are beautiful! I gotta get started on my January goal!!!

Donna said...

Great to get a head start on your 2013 Christmas cards!
Thanks for submitting another card for the "all that glitters" challenge at Drunken Stampers!

Nicky Wilcox said...

Love the simplicity Thanks for joining us at crafty mess. xxxx

Beccalite said...

These are beautiful, simple yet so very striking, love them.

Thank you so much for coming over and joining in with us over at Craftymess.

Great Big Huge Hugs

Becca xxx (Craftymess DT)

Sylvia Blum said...

I'm a bit late with this, but: Happy New Year to you and your family, Audrey!!!

Both card versions are totally amazing!!! GREAT design and I just LOVE the dimension, texture and all the beautiful details you added!!! Fab work!

Sylvia xx

Naomi Edwards said...

Beautiful , Beautiful!!! I love your coloring skills Audrey! I know you must be busy but if you ever get time and would like to I would be delighted to give you my digitals free so I can showcase them on my online digital store called "Creative bug digis" I am planning on adding a Gallery/Inpiration page and am looking for someone that colors with copics! Let me know if you are interested by leaving a comment on my blog... I don't have to publish it)... I am changing phone providers and my email will be changed but I will give an update on my blog when all is settled. Leave me your email so I can send some freebies anyway before it gets changed. Sending lots of bloggy love!

Kathryn said...

Such a lovely Project and blingtastic :)
Thanks for joining in at Crafty Mess x
Kathryn (DT Member)

Stacy aka Twinshappy on SCS said...

Oh oh... I like these ones too! I hope you put a link on SCS so that everyone can see them in the Fan Club Forum! These are awesome! I might just have to case these girlie. First I need gold paper, gold embossing and gold touches. Then I need your coloring skills. HA! Love them Audrey!

Barbara Godden said...

Beautiful job on them, I love the simplicity, but they have a big WOW factor. Thanks for joining us at Drunken Stamper for All that glitters challenge.