Friday, December 14, 2012

Sending You Christmas Joy

Hello and Blessings Everyone!  

This card is for a few challenges.  The first is for the Queen for the Day challenge over at SCS - this week's Queen is Sue aka Sue28.  She is such a sweet person and an amazing and talented stamper.  Here is the card I chose to CASE in her honor:  Sue's Amazing Silver & Blue Baubles Card.  I kept her basic layout and changed the stars to Snowflakes, added a ribbon, button and bow and moved the sentiment.



The second challenge is the Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges Blog, Challenge #50 - Snow:  To create any type of project featuring Snow.  I've never played in one of these challenges and knew I wanted to make a Christmas Card, so to play in this Challenge I decided to use a Snowflake on my card.  Here's a link to that challenge:  Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges


Close-up View

I found a third snow-related challenge at Stampin' for the Weekend Blog - Challenge #23 Let is Snow!!  That challenges asked us to use a Snowy Image or create a Snowy effect - and use at least one stamped image or sentiment.  This is my first time playing in the Stampin' for the Weekend challenges also!!  Here's a link to that challenge:  Challenge #23 - Let it Snow


Alternate View #1

To make this card I cut four squares from SUs new Festival of Prints Christmas DSP, then 18K Gold Leafed the borders and adhered to Cherry Cobbler card stock.  I die cut SU/Sizzix Bigz Snow Flurry die in Very Vanilla and glittered them completely using Ranger Stickles and SU retired clear chunky glitter.  I love how the chunky glitter adds texture for a VERY SNOWY effect!!


Alternate View #2 with Snowflake on inside

While the Snowflakes were drying I mounted the Cherry Cobbler panel with dimensionals to a Vanilla base, then added gold organza ribbon.  Once everything was dry I layered two Snowflakes using dimensionals, added the button, bow and sentiment.  The sentiment is from Papertrey Ink's Vintage Ornaments set, and it's stamped on SU's Itty Bitty Banners Die.  The Snowflake on the inside is from Cherry Lynn Designs and it is also covered in Stickles and Clear Chunky glitter.

Thank you everyone for stopping by - I appreciate all your support and inspiration!

Hugs and Blessings,
Audrey


14 comments:

Marisa said...

Great papers and just love that sparkly snowflake! That die is on my wish list for sure!!

Wanda Cullen said...

LOVE how you featured this snowflake as your focal point! This is a stunning card! Have a fantabulous w/e! :-)

Karon said...

WOW - this is such a stunning card - thank you for being my latest follower and I am now following you too. Have a fabulous weekend:-)

Skye said...

A very elegant Christmas card. I love the design and colour combination.

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

So very classy, elegant, and GORGEOUS, Audrey Ann!

Tammy said...

Beautiful and so elegant! Love the DP you used and the snowflake is wonderful!

nwilliams6 said...

Very pretty card Audrey! Love the papers (beautiful), the pretty ribbon, and that sparkly snowflake. Gorgeous!!! Your blog looks like you have been blogging your whole life! Wonderful stuff! Hugz!

Stacy aka Twinshappy on SCS said...

Wow.... This is beautiful! I love the color, awesome snowflake and beautiful card.

Julie said...

Wow - this is very striking and totally fabulous!

Thanks for joining us at Stampin' for the Weekend for our Let it Snow Challenge!

Hugs

Julie x

Creative M said...

WOW!!Absolutely STUNNING & Beautiful!!New follower
Thanks for joining us at PDE Snow Challenge.
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
PDE DT
craftingwithcreativem.blogspot.com

Vee said...

A beautiful Christmas card Audrey, love the design and the big snowflake. Thank you so much for your lovely comment on my blog, wishing you a Merry Christmas.
xx Vee

Janis said...

Oh so pretty! Love the background papers and everything about this. Thanks for playing at Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges. :) Janis

Colleen Dietrich said...

You are sooooo talented, Miss Audzi! I gasped when I laid eyes on this! It's so very elegant. Looks like a most glorious Christmas present, waiting to be opened. :)

By the way, thanks for putting a link to my blog on your sidebar!

pam124 said...

Look at those challenges Audrey - you iz getting into the BIG TIME BLOGGING! Don't leave lil' me behind okay? I'm in love with the beautiful card. The dsp squares, gold leaf pen and your special snowflake, button, ribbon treatment. You can't ask for more. This is perfection!