Sunday, December 23, 2012

Seasons Greetings CAS/One Layer Card

Hi Everyone - Blessings to you all.  I have a few projects I'll be uploading - here is the first.  It's for a few challenges noted further down in this post.


Seasons Greetings - One Layer Card


I love CAS and OLC cards although they don't always like me LOL.   So as we come to the end of 2012 I've made it a goal to make more CAS and OLC cards going forward.  I hope that I'll get better at them!!  This card is both CAS and OLC and I love how it came out.

Here's a closeup that shows off the chunky glittery goodness that covers the Trees and Star of Wonder die.  I used two different types of glitter on the trees and they have such sparkle in dimension in real life.  Some of that can be seen in the close-up photos below.


Close-up with Star of Wonder

To make this card I first had to determine the size, and how much space I would need for the tree stamp and sentiment (they're together on the same stamp).  I wanted a square card, so to fit this stamp I omitted some of larger trees and used only three of the smaller ones.  I cut the card base and added a score line/box, then used sticky notes to mask around the box before stamping the tree and sentiment image.



Close-up with Sentiment


I sponged the sky, die-cut the Star of Wonder, added glitter to the trees and star, popped the star and the card was done!!  I also added an inside panel for the sentiment and a hand-stamped/signature tag to the back.  So quick and easy!!



This card is for the following challenges:

Here's what I used to make this card:
  • SU Scenic Season Stamp (w/omitted trees)
  • Always Artechoke Ink (Trees & Sentiment)
  • Ranger Distress Ink for sponging - Weathered Wood and Tumbled Glass
  • Memory Box Star of Wonder Die
  • Scor Pal
  • Dazzling Diamonds Glitter
  • Clear Chunky Glitter

Thanks everyone for stopping by.  I wish you all a Wonderful Holiday!!

Hugs and Blessings,
Audrey

9 comments:

Karon said...

Oh My this is such a stunning card - just goes to show - less is more. Beautiful. TFS

Marisa said...

Beautifully done. Love the sparkle you added and the scene you created. Look forward to seeing your CAS and OLC in the new year :)

Benzi said...

I love a one layer with a gorgeous scene and this it! The scene looks so peaceful.

Shana Gaff said...

Beautiful card! Thanks for playing at ATCAS this week!

Colleen Dietrich said...

I applaud you for trying out a different style than what you're used to. I love your CAS cards as much as your fancy schmancy ones! This is really beautiful, Audzi. :)

Kylie said...

Beautifully done, Audrey! Gorgeous scene and I love it's bling too! Very sweet. Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS! xx(I have also fixed up your first link xx)

Loll Thompson said...

Hi Audrey. This is such an elegant SU! stamp. I love how you've added the glitter to the trees and star - so beautiful! Thanks for playing along with us at Addicted to CAS.

Debi said...

Audrey, I have a weakness, for snowy tree scenes lol, and your card is a stunner!!! thanks for playing the One Layer Winter holiday card rebel Challenge at RRD, Debi x

Shar said...

Beautifully done! A delightful scene! Thanks for playing the One-Layer Winter Holiday Rebel Challenge at Rogue Redhead Designs!