|Seasons Greetings - One Layer Card|
I love CAS and OLC cards although they don't always like me LOL. So as we come to the end of 2012 I've made it a goal to make more CAS and OLC cards going forward. I hope that I'll get better at them!! This card is both CAS and OLC and I love how it came out.
Here's a closeup that shows off the chunky glittery goodness that covers the Trees and Star of Wonder die. I used two different types of glitter on the trees and they have such sparkle in dimension in real life. Some of that can be seen in the close-up photos below.
|Close-up with Star of Wonder|
To make this card I first had to determine the size, and how much space I would need for the tree stamp and sentiment (they're together on the same stamp). I wanted a square card, so to fit this stamp I omitted some of larger trees and used only three of the smaller ones. I cut the card base and added a score line/box, then used sticky notes to mask around the box before stamping the tree and sentiment image.
|Close-up with Sentiment|
I sponged the sky, die-cut the Star of Wonder, added glitter to the trees and star, popped the star and the card was done!! I also added an inside panel for the sentiment and a hand-stamped/signature tag to the back. So quick and easy!!
This card is for the following challenges:
- SCS - QFTD144 Challenge - This week's queen is Stef (aka SmilynStef) and it's such an honor to CASE one of her creations. Stef's Creative and Beautiful Holiday Sparkles Card
- Addicted to CAS (ATCAS) - Challenge #3 - Code Word Sweet - For me this card qualifies as sweet because of the peaceful feeling of a White Christmas. I've experienced a true White Christmas twice, and it was amazing, and very sweet!!
- Rogue Redhead - Rebel Challenge 18: One Layer Winter Holiday Card
Here's what I used to make this card:
- SU Scenic Season Stamp (w/omitted trees)
- Always Artechoke Ink (Trees & Sentiment)
- Ranger Distress Ink for sponging - Weathered Wood and Tumbled Glass
- Memory Box Star of Wonder Die
- Scor Pal
- Dazzling Diamonds Glitter
- Clear Chunky Glitter
Thanks everyone for stopping by. I wish you all a Wonderful Holiday!!
Hugs and Blessings,