This card is for a couple of challenges noted below. I'm working on my clean and simple (CAS) skills and I think this wonderful scene works perfectly for that style. This year I'm all about glitter and sparkle, and while I realize it doesn't photograph well I think some of it definitely shows through in the photos below.
|Peace on Earth - Front|
My plan here was to make another CAS/OLC card, but I had a little Die malfunction that forced me to come up with a Plan B. I wanted a decorative border on this card so decided to use a Grand Labels One SB die - on only ONE edge. But in the process of cutting the border I ended up with a crease on the front of my card!! Soooo, plan B was to turn that crease into the card's fold line and then add a layer behind the front panel so it looked like it was meant to be that way LOL. It's hard to tell in the photo but the white panel is actually the back of the card.
This card, like most of my Christmas cards this year, is full of tons of glitter! Below are a couple of close-up shots that show at least some of the glitter and dimension.
|Snowy Scene - Close-up|
After the base was ready I stamped the image and sentiment in Soft Suede. I used Ranger distress inks to sponge the sky and ground, and Copic markers to add a bit of color and dimension to the scene. Then came all the wonderful glitter - two different types were used to bring out the snow and dimension in this scene.
Here's another close-up showing the sentiment too.
|Snowy Scene - Close-up with Sentiment|
This card was submitted to the following challenges:
- SCS Monday's CAS201 Challenge - to create a CAS card using an inspiration photo: Country Christmas
- Pause Dream Enjoy - Challenge #51: December Celebrations - to create any type of Celebration Project
Here's what was used:
- SU Silent Night & Greetings of the Season Stamps
- Soft Suede Ink for image and sentiment
- Copic Markers to bring dimension to trees and church
- Distress ink for Sponging - Stormy Sky & Weathered Wood for sky/Old Paper and Antique Linen for snow and ground
- Dazzling Diamond & Clear Chunky Glitters
- Basic Gray paper from my scraps
- Spellbinder Grand Labels One die (for border)
Even though I was going for an OLC and didn't quite make it, I'm happy that it is CAS!!!
Thanks everyone for stopping by - I love having company :) and hope you enjoyed what you found here today.
Blessings to you and yours,