Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Peace on Earth Christmas





Hi Everyone - I'm finally getting to my Christmas Cards and this one is for 3 special challenges! The first is for this week's Queen - Angella Crockett. Angie has an amazing talent for creating unique and beautiful cards - what a wonderful time I had visiting her gallery!! I quickly fell in love with this beauty: { Angella’s AMAZING Bleached Dahlia Happy Day Card }

Her card is breathtaking!! And seeing all her wonderful ODBD creations inspired me to check out the ODBD Challengs for that week, and then to choose this wonderful ODBD Poinsettia Collage Image. Changes were with colors, number of layers and flourish.

This card is also for Our Daily Bread Designs Shining Light Challenge #129 - To make a Winter White creation. I love white cards so this was a fun challenge for me!!{ODBDSLC129 Winter White Challenge Link}.

To make this card I stamped the Poinsettia image in Chocolate Chip Craft Ink and clear embossed it on SU! Naturals Vanilla cardstock. I then bleached inside the flower petals using a small paint brush, then whitened and shaded the areas even more using Prismacolor pencils. The die-cut Flourish is from Memory Box, and the flower center is made using the Pine Die Cut from Cheery Lynn Designs.  Before assembling I outlined everything using an 18K Gold Leaf pen.  I love this ODBD image so much I really wanted to keep the card as 'CAS' as possible........ So I kept it to two layers with minimal embellishments.

Hugs & Blessings Everyone!
Audrey

4 comments:

pam124 said...

You know how much I love this card when I saw it on SCS. Absolutely astounding especially now tha I can see all the special details. You are right up there with zee best of 'em Audrey!

Emily Keaton said...

This card is absolutely gorgeous, Audrey!! Your blog looks terrific, you are off to a fabulous start. I know you will have a wonderful time blogging and cruising blogland for fabulous inspiration--and I know you will be giving your own blog readers TONS of inspiration. Good luck with everything and have FUN!!!

nwilliams6 said...

YAY! Your blog is up and running. How exciting. You will take blogland by storm Audzi! I see the Punchies are all charter members - LOL! Lovely card with stunning details and beauty dripping everywhere! Gorgeousness! Hugz, and I am so glad you are in blogland with us now!

Cards By Jan said...

This is Gorgeous...I saw it on SCS...and fell in love with it, Your bleach effect turned out awesomely...Kelley sure knows how to create awesome sets!! this is one of my favorites...
Blessings & Hugs