This card is for two challenges, noted further down in this post. This particular design started out as a sort of experiment. I wanted to make a CAS card with a wow factor, so tried using my Snowflake die as a mask, which worked well. I sponged around the die-cut snowflakes using SU's Pool Party and Island Indigo, then lightly stamped Itty Bitty Backgrounds little snowy dots.
|It's the most Wonderful time of the Year!|
The corners were punched and the tag was made, and then I decided to dress everything up a bit with my favorite go-to embellishment of the Season - GLITTER! But not just ordinary glitter - this is actually Glass glitter: Barbara Trombleys Vintage Glass Art Glitter. Anyway, it's little tiny teensy weensy shards of glittery glass, and it's very glittery for sure. Here's a close-up that really shows the dimension, texture and sparkle:
I love this look! I also added SU regular Blue/Green glitter around the edge - just to make the layer pop. Here are a couple more photos showing all the textures at different angles.
|Alternate View 1|
The top layer is popped on dimensionals, the tag was creased using the Scor Buddy and then mounted with dimensionals. The last step was the inside sentiment panels.
|Alternate View 2|
This card was submitted for the following challenges:
- Pause Dream Enjoy - Challenge #51: December Celebrations - to create any type of Celebration Project
- Stamping for the Weekend - Challenge #23: Anything Goes
To make this card I used hte following supplies:
- Papertrey Sentiment from the Vintage Ornaments Set
- Memory Box Large Snowflake Die
- Cheery Lynn Designs Small Snowflake Dies
- SU Pool Party and Island Indigo Ink for Sponging
- SU Itty Bitty Backgrounds - used the little snowy dots stamp
- Barbara Trombley's Art Glass Glitter - Vintage Glass
- SU Blue/Green Glitter
- Dew Drops
- Martha Stewart Corner Punch
- Scor Buddy
Thanks everyone for the great challenges!! And a huge thank you to everyone for stopping by for a visit. Hope you all enjoy the blessings of this Season!