Friday, December 7, 2012

I Knew You'd Turnip



Hello & Blessings!  This one-layer card was made in November for a couple of SCS challenges - the first was for a Queen who was crowned back in June of this year - Roberta (aka Stampin' Nana). I was unable to play that week and since that time have had the opportunity to meet Roberta - and I can tell you she is an absolute sweetheart. Her zest for life and fun positive energy is just a joy to experience - I'm grateful for her friendship :)!! 

I struggle with CAS cards but she is such an inspiration that I decided to CASE one of her recent CAS cards that I fell in love with - here's her beautiful creation: { Roberta’s Beautiful Thanksgiving Pumpkin Card }

This card was also for that week's Free for All challenge - to use fruit or vegetables in your project. I immediately thought of this fun set from 2005 called Stew Pot Pals!! Here's a link to today's F4A145 challenge: { Use Fruits or Vegetables on a card }

To make this card I stamped the Turnip, colored him with Copics, then stamped him again on paper to use as a mask before stamping OVER in the SU! Houndstooth.  To get the ribbon in the right place I delicately cut two little slits around Mr. Turnip and weaved the ribbon through.

Thanks everyone for taking a peek :)!!!
Hugs,
Adurey

3 comments:

pam124 said...

You know I adore this fun card Audrey. The sentiment goes so well with the perfectly colored turnip. I know this is a real tribute to Roberta and a CAS card at that. You're doing it all my friend! Hugs!

Angela said...

What a cute and funny CAS card!

wannabcre8tive said...

Such a cute card, I love this CAS design.